Statement of Faith
|I'm Christopher Johnson, the founder of Creation Liberty Evangelism. In 2009, I started this evangelistic ministry in order to teach the truth of God's Word and science.|
|This is my wife, Lorraine. We were married in March of 2010, and I could not have accomplished much of what I have done in ministry without her help.|
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-1 Peter 3:15
In this ministry, we have a 5-point position:
- God created the heaven and earth roughly 6,000 years ago, in six literal 24-hr days.
- He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins. Christ rose from the dead, and is alive forevermore.
- I am saved by the grace and blood of Son of God.
- The Authorized King James Bible is literally true, scientifically accurate, and the authority over mankind.
- Evolution is the dumbest and most dangerous religion in mankind's history.
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
-1 Timothy 6:20
- GOD'S WORD: The 66 books of the Bible are the inspired Words of God. (Exodus 24:3, Jeremiah 36:6, Rev 1:1, etc) Though God had men do the penmanship, He is the author of His Word.
- BIBLE: The King James Bible is God's pure, preserved Word for the English language, preserving His inspiration for us. Numerous mistakes, errors, and contradictions exist in all other English versions, and therefore cannot be attributed to God inspired writings. (Psalm 12:6-7)
- AUTHORITY: God's Word is the ultimate authority when it comes to mankind and the world around us. (Acts 5:29) If something I say here contradicts God's Word, I'm wrong and God is right. (John 1:1)
- CREATION: The creation of this world, as stated clearly in the Bible, took six literal 24-hour days like we experience today. (Genesis 1, Exodus 20:11) All other interpretations seek to denounce God's Word as the authority and defend other religious views.
- FLOOD: God's Word is accurate to history, meaning that there was a global flood that destroyed this world. (2 Peter 3:6) God has the authority to judge mankind, and He is going to do it again.
- TRINITY: God is the Trinity of three Persons: God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
- SALVATION: Salvation is only acheived by repenting to and believing on the Lord Jesus Christ alone. (1 Timothy 2:5) Salvation is not given to those who do not first have repentance in their heart. (2 Corinthians 7:9; 2 Timothy 2:25)
- VIRGIN BIRTH: Jesus Christ was conceived via the Holy Spirit and was born of a virgin woman. (Isa 7:14, Matthew 1:23)
- SIN: All mankind is inherently sinful; there is no man without sin. (Rom 3:23) A ticket to heaven cannot be purchased by money nor works. The only way to heaven is via the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph 2:8-9)
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
(Read "Why I Use the King James Bible" here at creationliberty.com for more details.)
Our ministry has received a number of nasty letters from self-proclaimed Christians that have condemned us for using the King James Bible, and though it is sad our brethren would treat us in such an anti-Christian manner, it is important that I take this stand because God's Word is the foundation for all faith and logic. We pray that our Christian brethren would study out this issue and learn that their is a Bible-view, just like a world-view, that the Word of God is pure and perfect, and if a Christian does not believe that, they are vunerable to false doctrines, whereby they can become a judge over God's Word, instead of letting God's Word judge them.
If we continue studying this issue, we will find that many new-age, apostate organizations will not touch a King James Bible because it chaps their hide. For example, the homosexual community that claims to be Christian will only use new-age versions because they can find altered and/or omitted passages that allows them to justify their wicked lifestyles.
(Read "Does the NIV Permit Homosexuality?" here at creationliberty.com for more details.)
I think there is still enough Gospel in the new-age versions, even in a Catholic Bible, that people can still get Saved, and I am not one of those people that condemns anyone for using a new-age version. However, this subject should be taken with so much more seriousness than I generally see from the Christian community because the Bible tells us:
So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
1. It is far too easy for opponents to dodge questions and topics of discussion when they feel they are in a losing position. This is not so easily done in a public setting.
2. Emails (and youtube videos) are generally filled with ad hominem (i.e. attacking the opponent personally, instead of focusing on the argument), and it wastes everyone's time. If ad hominem is done in a public setting, the opponent can quickly point out the fallacy to all those listening.
3. I don't have time for email debate. I have a lot to do during my days, and email debate will leave me with little accomplished. It's much faster and easier for someone to come on our podcast show and have a talk with me.
1) "Is evolution science?"
In the US, everyone is being forced to pay for evolution to be taught in the public school system. Our position is that evolution, as it is taught in the textbooks today, is not part of science, and there has never been any real scientific evidence for MACRO-evolution and all prior stages to it.
Our position on evolution can be read about here: Evolution: A New Age Religion, or you can watch our Seminar #1 for free in our videos section.
I state clearly that evolution is a religious worldview that some people choose to believe in, but if you think you have scientific evidence for it, and can defend it in front of a live audience, then contact us and let us know.
2) "Is atheism logical?"
The Bible says that "the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made," (Romans 1:20) This verse continues to explain that because of this fact, "they are without excuse:" This means those claiming to be atheists have to do so on a completely illogical thought process, which can be demonstrated.
The Bible continues to explain that "when they knew God," (i.e. they have always known of the existance of God) "they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened." (Romans 1:21) The Bible is explaining to us that atheists have always known God exists, but reject the very concept of Him out of foolishness, not logic or reason, but if you think you have good reason for atheistic beliefs, and can logically demonstrate it in front of a live audience, then contact us and let us know.
I have three requirements about public debate that an opponent must agree to, or we will not schedule the debate:
1. Each side gets half the time. I've been in far too many discussions where I was not allowed to speak my share, so I want to make sure there is a moderator that will guarantee equal time for both sides.
2. We take one topic at a time. Information tends to fly back and forth in a debate, so we need to stick to a topic of discussion.
3. Anyone can record the debate and distribute it.
If you agree with those terms, contact us and we will discuss scheduling the event. Regrettably, my limited funds at this time do not allow me to travel very far, but if you are in Indiana or the surrounding states, or you would like to travel to Indiana, we may be able to arrange something.
What to include in an email to set up the debate:
- First and last name
- Where you are from
- Which topic you would like to debate
- Any creditials or past experience in this area
- Written confirmation that you have read, understood, and agree to the requirements here
Mark 10:17), and if you are asking the same question, I will answer you in the same manner Jesus Christ answered him.
Have you ever told a lie?
All it takes is one lie, and you're a liar. (Exd 20:16)
Have you ever stolen?
All it takes is one theft, and you're a theif. (Exd 20:15)
Have you ever looked someone with sexual lust?
All it takes is one time, and you're an adulterer. (Exd 20:14, Mat 5:28)
Have you ever used God's name in vain?
All it takes is one misused word, and you're a blasphemer. (Exd 20:7)
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
1. Pay the penalty yourself for all eternity.
2. Get someone else to pay it for you.
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation... For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,
After trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ, there is no Biblical promise that everything in your life will be good and wonderful. In fact, the opposite is true, that we will be persecuted for that faith in God. No where are we promised that God will answer all of our questions. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Salvation from eternal punishment, not Santa Clause.
The trust and faith you put in the Lord Jesus Christ is like a parachute on a plane that's about to crash. Even if it hurts to keep that parachute on your back, even if people try to take it from you, you keep it on because you know it's your only means to avoid crashing. Likewise, even when it's rough to stick with the Lord Jesus Christ, even if people try to convert you away from Him, you keep Him close to you because you know it's your only means to avoid the wrath of God to come. Those who truly repent and believe in Jesus Christ understand that they are guilty sinners saved by grace (i.e. a free gift, not earned, but given), and they hang on to that parachute no matter what.
After someone equips the Lord Jesus Christ, they need to immediately get a Bible (I highly recommend a King James Bible) and start to study. Study helps us to understand God, who He is, what He wants, and what we need to do while we Christians are on this earth.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
-2 Timothy 2:15-16