Author Topic: Please pray for Andrew  (Read 3991 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Please pray for Andrew
« on: October 21, 2020, 03:26:20 PM »
While I was waiting after work for Josh, Madonna and Shannon to arrive in Murfreesboro so we could have dinner together, I took a couple of hours to go and preach on the Town Square.
About 19 minutes into this video a young man named Andrew stopped to asked some questions.
We talked for about 30 minutes or so.

Please bear with the occasional squealing noise coming from my camera and the cuts in tje video. My GoPro seems to be malfunctioning. Half of the evenings preaching ended up not having any audio recording, which is disappointing because I had to deal with some aggressive hecklers for well over an hour.

Nonetheless, I believe some will be encouraged by the honest questions Andrew was asking and his willingness to listen. I know I was.

https://youtu.be/SURBOvmrP4E
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
Re: Please pray for Andrew
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 07:18:12 PM »
This exchange was really a breath of fresh air! It is very encouraging to see someone being inquisitive upon hearing the Gospel of Christ. It sounds like he may come back and visit you on your next outing. I will be very interested to find out if he read the "Why Millions.." book and what he thought of it. 
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »
Kenneth, this was wonderful, to watch this young man wanting to know more, and that God put you there to witness to him.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

Joshua and i just prayed for Andrew, and also for God to continually protect you, and those who are out there witnessing for The Lord. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 12:13:04 PM »
Kenneth, if you need extra money to help you get some new equipment, let me know, or let the church know. Those are important conversations that all of us learn from, and I would like to make sure you have good working equipment so there are no interruptions in the audio and video.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 12:26:24 PM »
When I first saw Andrew standing there just listening to you at first, I was just waiting for him to say something, but then he left, and then came right back. That made me smile, and even though the things he was saying were off, it was like he was beginning to start a foundation on the whole truth, I am so glad he was able to speak with you and get some clarification on some things. It seemed he was going to read the book you gave him. He really seemed to be looking for Truth. You can tell he knew the word and I hope he gets rid of that NASB and gets himself a KJB. It was so encouraging to see the Holy Spirit at work through you. Praying for Andrew. Praying for you Ken.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 12:37:58 PM »
There's that part about 40 minutes in, when he was asking for the Scripture, and I'm in my office saying, "Romans 2:15! It's right there!" Sometimes your mind goes blank in a live conversation, so it's not always that easy to remember things on the spot.

Oh, I think the verse he was referring to was not in Ezekiel, that was in Joel 2. I only remember that because I had to do some updates on an article recently that was addressing those verses. I think it's the end of the chapter, and it was referring to the beginning of the church with the Holy Spirit, not that he was guaranteed to have special dreams. In that, I was thinking about Mat 16:4, which says it is a wicked generation that seeks after a sign.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:41:54 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 02:03:00 PM »
I thought the same thing when Andrew was talking about his dream and that scripture that says a wicked generation seeketh a sign. I wasn't disregarding the fact that maybe the dream was from God but some folks can get so hung up on the dream that they forget what is really important. I kept thinking about Joseph and how the dreams he received was for future events that was going to save the people from the famine. Then I also thought about Daniel telling King Nebuchadnezzar the meaning of a dream that if the King didn't acknowledge and realized God is who gave him his position as King and prospered him that he was going to humble him. The dreams were all events that needed to be spoke of because there was nobody and no one who could know what was to happen. The dreams Andrew had are not a secret. Yes we are in the End Times. We have the Book of Revelation to tell us so, we do not need someone to tell us that, even unbelievers can see we are in the End Times and they do not even understand the Things from the Spirit. So, I dont know, it seemed like he was really pressing on the dream issue with quite a big smile, that he was more sure of his dreams than he was about the fact that there may or may not be a Hell and His "feelings" Maybe I am just rambling but these were the things going through my mind while watching this. I do have to be honest, This is the first video I have watched of Kenneths Street preaching and I will be watching more. Another thing I was noticing was it was like he thought that Repentance was something of our own doing. He was thinking that He would be granting them repentance and that he can choose to have repentance. I am not trying to sound negative at all, it was just what was coming to my mind while he was talking. I did notice that he was very close to Truth, Praying for Andrew to humble himself before God and that the Holy Spirit would guide him and draw him to the Truth and that he would have true repentance for his Sins and that he would always put his Faith in Jesus Christ. I hope you get to seem him again Kenneth. Also, I do hope the Holy Spirit reveals to him the true meaning of the pagan cross symbol. It seems as though he is on the right track but Catholicism is trying lead him astray.

Correct me anywhere please if my post doesn't seem to have Biblical backing. Or I am incorrect in anything that was typed.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 10:27:21 AM »
Kenneth, if you need extra money to help you get some new equipment, let me know, or let the church know. Those are important conversations that all of us learn from, and I would like to make sure you have good working equipment so there are no interruptions in the audio and video.
If anyone would like to help, I do need a new GoPro Hero4 Black camera. Here is the link for one on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIYNUF2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VCUKFbVZQDHMP

You can simply order it and have it delivered to my address:

Kenneth Winslow
Murfreesboro, TN

Please let me know soon because I feel having reliable is very important.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:26:06 AM by creationliberty »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Shannon

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 14
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Shannon
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 11:47:47 AM »
I just talked to Kenneth about this and have the exact model camera he is looking for. I'll be mailing it out to him today.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 12:29:24 PM »
Great. Let us all know if that model works for you.

Shannon

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 14
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Shannon
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 02:59:57 PM »
Kenneth (32:47): All creation declares there's a God. They're gonna have no excuse on judgement day.

The verse I thought of when this was said was Romans 1:20.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: -Romans 1:20

Kenneth, hope you are able to see Andrew again. I'll be praying for him. He definitely seemed to be seeking the truth.

Glad you were able to tell him about the cross around his neck and getting a KJB.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
Romans 2:15 KJV  Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Yeah, that was quite frustrating in the moment.
Lord willing I won't forget Romans 2:15 again.

I feel like I should write "Romans 2:15" 100 times on the blackboard.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2020, 07:35:08 PM »
Chris, can you please edit Kenneth's post? Since this is still a public part of the forum, I don't believe his address should be out there for the world to see...