Author Topic: Soldiers Sleep Anywhere  (Read 1794 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Soldiers Sleep Anywhere
« on: January 22, 2021, 04:20:15 PM »
As an ex-soldier I just had to chip in here to comment that soldiers sleep ANYWHERE and through the most extremes of conditions.  The only problem for those guys would have been toileting.  Being a soldier and sleeping in the parking garage would have been luxury accommodation   .....   except for not having adequate toilet facilities.  Ahh, the days of sleeping way out in the wilderness on reconnaissance exersizes in the freezing cold of winter and of sleeping in the back of trucks whilst bouncing down rugged unpaved roads way out in the wap waps. 

2 Timothy 2 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. 3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

I just had to throw that bit of scripture in.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:24:27 PM by anvilhauler »
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

theAXEisLAID

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 11
    • View Profile
  • First Name: David
Re: Soldiers Sleep Anywhere
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 03:47:29 PM »
Kevin - forgive the late reply here but I really wanted to respond because I know exactly what your talking about. Some of the best sleep I ever had while soldiering is when I have been in the most uncomfortable of places. Positioned on the rocks of some desert or in a mummy bag on some frozen ground I always looked forward to rest time. I found it the hardest to sleep when it was so hot and humid that I couldn't stop sweating and it felt like bugs were just feasting on me - Summers in Tennessee/Kentucky and Georgia/Alabama come to mind.

There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked. Isaiah 48:22
Of course my sleep is so much more peaceful now that I trust in Christ.
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Matthew 3:10 KJV

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: Soldiers Sleep Anywhere
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 09:39:25 PM »
Kevin - forgive the late reply here but I really wanted to respond because I know exactly what your talking about. Some of the best sleep I ever had while soldiering is when I have been in the most uncomfortable of places. Positioned on the rocks of some desert or in a mummy bag on some frozen ground I always looked forward to rest time. I found it the hardest to sleep when it was so hot and humid that I couldn't stop sweating and it felt like bugs were just feasting on me - Summers in Tennessee/Kentucky and Georgia/Alabama come to mind.

There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked. Isaiah 48:22
Of course my sleep is so much more peaceful now that I trust in Christ.

Hi David

It's good to hear from others who have been soldiers too and to read of their similar experiences.  Even better though to know that like me, they eventually came to repentence and the forgiveness of sin through the greatest soldier there ever could be  ...  Jesus Christ.

Romans 5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Amazing Grace
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)