Author Topic: Movements  (Read 2289 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Movements
« on: November 03, 2019, 04:27:53 AM »
Reading Jeanne's posting here and mention of "movements" http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=906.msg7439#msg7439  made me think to post about a discussion I had at the pool on Friday night with a microbiologist and an economics student who is/was a Roman Catholic.

I got in a conversation with these two because I heard the microbiologist say something that caught my interest.  I can't remember what that was but it lead me in to a discussion with him about the origins of life and then Christ and although the Roman Catholic was doing economics he was interested in what was being said.  Anyway, I gave them the whole usual discussion and was surprised that their response was that if there was more of a following of what I was saying then they might be interested but at this stage they wouldn't be interested because that would put them on the fringe of beliefs and they would be open to ridicule.  I just couldn't believe it that that was how a couple of people could view all of the material I had just given them, especially the microbiologist because he had just had it laid out for him in easy to understand terms why evolution is impossible. 

Unless there's a big "movement" then people are too scared to venture out and be different.

The Roman Catholic / ex-Roman Catholic at least stated without prompting that Roman Catholicism is a load of rubbish and their beliefs and practices can't be found anywhere in the Bible.

Seeds sown I hope.  There was an overweight guy with lots of tattoos sitting not far away and I could see that he was taking a lot of interest in the discussion.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Movements
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 04:48:36 AM »
Some people just don't get it that truth is not determined by the number of people who believe it: truth is truth even if no one believes it and a lie is still a lie even if everyone believes it.

Thank God Noah and His family believed God even when no one else did.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 11:29:13 AM »
Yet, movements are so easily corrupted that even if a movement happens, there is still a lot of false information spread around it, which, in many cases, means that it was better for their not to be a movement at all. (i.e. No information is better than false information.)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 02:42:15 PM »
That's very true, Chris, and how many movements have been intentionally corrupted by those who wanted it to fail or who didn't like where the people were moving to? Many movements start out with decent people having a good set of values but are subsequently infiltrated by people with less than honourable intentions.