Author Topic: How would you answer a fool and his foolish questions?  (Read 3444 times)

A

How would you answer a fool and his foolish questions?
« on: November 03, 2019, 08:16:05 PM »
Here's this remark: "I don't believe that a God can exist. Prove me the Christian God exists, but without using the issue of evil or morality, since I think everything is permitted and evil does not exist, except as a societal convention of others I need not follow."

[After giving out Transcendental Argument for the existence of God]
Here's another: "If you use the transcendental argument for the existence of God to prove the Christian God of the Bible to exist, how can you justify logic? Why does one need to be logical anyway? Is logic required for everyone?"

"If atheism can't verify science, what about the Christian? Can he verify science?"

If you had to answer the remarks above, how would you do so?

By the way, is the Transcendental Argument for God that Mr. Johnson mentioned in his article not circular reasoning? I know for a fact that quite a number of people call it circular reasoning.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: How would you answer a fool and his foolish questions?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 09:24:53 PM »
If an atheist truly does not believe evil exists, then he clearly agrees with noted satanist Alistair Crowley, who said 'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.' Crowley described himself as 'the wickedest man on earth' which is interesting, if he didn't believe in the concepts of evil (wickedness) and good. He contradicted his own philosophy with that statement.

Have you listened to all the debates Chris has done with atheists which can be found on the website? If you're not getting the answers you want from reading the article, then maybe listening to some of his arguments will help. I think I've suggested doing this before, but you seem to have ignored it. At least, if you have listened to them, you've never acknowledged that fact.

Here is the link to the audio page of the website and the podcasts are down at the very bottom. The ones where he's talking to atheists are clearly marked in red.

http://www.creationliberty.com/audio.php

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Yeb
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:40:07 AM »
Crowley described himself as 'the wickedest man on earth'

I do not agree on this one. I think it was the media who called him that way.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/the-great-beast-666-who-was-aleister-crowley

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 02:07:30 PM »
My apologies for that mistake. It seems that you are correct and I was wrong.