Author Topic: Just a question I'd like to ask  (Read 3314 times)

A

Just a question I'd like to ask
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:17:07 AM »
Hello everyone,
This isn't the usual stuff I'd ask on this forum, but I'd like to ask this question and I'd like honest answers:
Let's say I asked you to email me the passwords to all of your email accounts,  because I want to be able to just look through what it is you're doing online, read what I want to read of your online activities, and publish whatever I find interesting.
Would you do it? After all, if you've done nothing wrong, you should have nothing to hide to the public or even me.
I'd just like to know what you all think.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Just a question I'd like to ask
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 09:08:22 AM »
You first...
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 09:53:21 AM »
You first...

I 100% agree.

Nathaniel, why is it you are asking us this question?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 02:19:05 PM »
Nathaniel, I will keep answering you the same way:

You want everyone else to have your conversations for you. We refuse. (i.e. You want to almost copy/paste, or repeat verbatim, what we say to other people in your personal conversations.)

You want to engage people in conversations when they obviously do not want to hear anything you have to say. If you want to continue in those fruitless and circular conversations with atheists, and continually waste your time, that is your business; stop relying on us to help you continue in that because we will not help you.

For you to even suggest such a thing is foolish, and the only purpose of your question is to search out specific answers you want, even though WE HAVE ALREADY ANSWERED your questions, and I have answered many of your questions over the years in personal email correspondence with you, but you do not accept those answers because they are not the answers you personally want. So since you do not like the answers, then we cannot help you, and that means you should depart from our ministry, and go find somewhere else where they will give you answers you want.

Furthermore, I HAVE made some of my email conversations open to the public:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0
So to even imply that I have something to hide because I would not share my passwords and phone verification with you, is absolutely foolish in every sense.

As I have already told you, you are living in a constant state of fear, not in faith of the Lord Jesus Christ, and so I cannot help you with your fear problem. You fear doing the wrong thing, you fear saying the wrong thing, you fear making the wrong decisions. In all the conversations I recall having with you, when I give you the Biblical response to your inquiry, it does not satisfy you. I CANNOT help you with that. That is a spiritual matter, and I have answered many of those things in my teachings. I have nothing else I can help you with until the Lord God helps you with your fear problem, and your lack of trust in His Word.

I would normally be much more patient with anyone asking these things, but you have been doing this for years now, and I am losing my patience. Since you cannot find what you are looking for here, you should find somewhere else to go.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

A

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 10:50:40 PM »
My apologies then, I wanted to ask you guys such a question not because I had a matter or a problem with any of you, just that If I were to do a survey on it in the public most people would always flip-flop on the subject. Personally, It seems that in all instances I am the only one who always has said "no" to it on such matters. I just want to figure out whether the problem about the subject is just in me or simply everyone else. I'm not exactly sure why I would give out such an answer. Maybe if I took it to you all the matter might be clearer. As usual, any correction would be appreciated still.

My apologies again to you, Mr. Johnson, I did not mean to accuse you in any way of
that I have something to hide because I would not share my passwords and phone verification with you
I thought I was asking a harmless question, not accusing you or anyone else of anything.

[By the way, I've stopped anyway about the atheism problem. though I think there's still a problem with nearly all the writings about the subject(since I don't know all the writings about TAG in existence) because they don't seem to answer some significant questions. For example, TAG surely gives irrefutable proof that Atheism is already wrong, but doesn't really show yet that no other God except the Christian God of the Bible exists(I'm still with the Christian worldview on this one, just haven't found the evidence yet)]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 11:03:45 PM by A »

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 03:55:28 AM »
Why would you even ask such a question? I don't share my passwords with ANYBODY. Even my husband can't log in to my email account, and I can't log in to his, so I'm sure not going to share my passwords with anyone else!

As for evidence that the Christian God of the Bible is the only true God, the Scripture is the only evidence you need. Either you believe it, or you don't. That's why it's called FAITH. It can't be empirically proven one way or the other. The Bible is the only book that was actually penned by many different people over the course of many centuries yet still never contradicts itself. Even Mohammad couldn't get the Q'uran written without contradicting himself.

A

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 03:14:42 AM »
For example, if I am just peacefully typing a message to someone else I know, and somebody else comes along and demands to see what I am doing on the computer. When I refuse to let the person see, the person might take up the argument of :
"If I wasn't doing anything wrong on the computer, I would nothing to hide to the public"
But if I ask such a person this question:
"Email me the passwords to all of your email accounts,  because I want to be able to just look through what it is you're doing online, read what I want to read of your online activities, and publish whatever I find interesting.
After all, if you've done nothing wrong, you should have nothing to hide to the public or even me."
It seems that nobody would do it.

So, this brings up a question: Is wanting privacy perfectly okay, or is it a symptom of some underlying sin, or something else?

There may be those that claim it's flat out a Catch-22 similar to the diagram below:

There are some that claim it's a necessary "Human Right" or that it's perfectly normal for people to want privacy.

This somewhat reminds me of the what happens naturally when a person has committed sin - normally the person would be ashamed of what he/she has done and would want to hide his actions. Therefore this is the question I am trying to answer: Is wanting privacy perfectly okay, or is it a symptom of some underlying sin, or something else?

[Reply to Ms. Jeanne: If I am not wrong, I remember the Bible mentioning that everyone knows that God exists, but there are those who hold that truth in unrighteousness and lie about it(Romans 1:18) So shouldn't there be more proof than even needed proving the existence of God? That's what I am still looking for. As a matter of fact, it's better to keep this thread on the main topic I started it, hence I wrote the reply here]

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 06:45:45 AM »
Anyone who wants to know what somebody else is doing is just being plain nosy. There is nothing wrong with wanting privacy. There are things I talk about with my husband that are nobody's business but ours. Same with my conversations with friends, most of which take place online because most of the people I talk to are in a different country.

Look at it this way: you wouldn't want anyone to watch you take a shower would you? You're not doing anything wrong, but you're naked. It's nobody's business what you do online. The only time this would be appropriate is if we're talking about a parent with a minor child, and then it's a matter of parental authority and child safety. Any adult has a right to privacy, even from their parents.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 10:37:01 AM »
Thank you Chris and Jeanne for answering this!  I also DO NOT share my passwords and information with ANYONE!  I was briefly even offended that it was asked for.  I am not hiding anything and I don't need anyone going through my correspondence to prove that.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13