Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 3117 times)

LuluRee

Introduce Yourself
« on: March 30, 2021, 08:43:05 PM »
Hi,

Found the creation liberty website years ago when looking for articles on tithing.

Since I was five I remember I found peace with the Lord.

It is in the every day I live my life one foot in front of the other.  One foot in front of the other every day until peace reigns.  One foot in front of the other until something moves and changes. 

Living day to day and hope to hope. 

This is my everyday story.

A story I live and share with my kind and loving husband Sammy.

Marie

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »
Hi Marie,

It is in the every day I live my life one foot in front of the other.  One foot in front of the other every day until peace reigns.  One foot in front of the other until something moves and changes.

Since you have known of CLE for several years, I was wondering if you have ever read the article on repentance?

https://www.creationliberty.com/articles/repent.php

Based off what you have written here so far, there is no evidence of your conversion unto Christ because one must have repentance and faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, neither of which you have mentioned so far.

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. - Luke 13:3

Once you get a chance to go through the article we'd like to know what you think about it if possible.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 11:24:30 PM »
Hi,

Found the creation liberty website years ago when looking for articles on tithing.

Living day to day and hope to hope. 

This is my everyday story.

A story I live and share with my kind and loving husband Sammy.

Marie

I don't understand what it is you want by joining here, but speaking in poetry isn't what any of us are here to do. You didn't tell us much at all about yourself. More importantly, you haven't shown us any evidence that you are a born again Christian when you say "I found peace with the Lord." I don't assume you have listened to or read many of the teachings even though you knew about the ministry for years. If you had, I don't think you would have come on here saying that.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:21-23

There are countless numbers of people who say they have peace with God, but they are false converts that do not understand their sinful and wretched state before God and have no repentance (godly sorrow) of their sin. So saying that you have peace with God doesn't actually tell us anything. I also recommend the article on repentance that Ellie suggested you read along with this one.

"Why Millions of Belivers on Jesus are Going to Hell" http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/whymillions.php

Your introduction lacks any testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and it can't be any more vague about who you are. I don't understand why you are here.

Vince

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 09:38:15 AM »
Just a quick takeaway from this particular welcome to LuluRee

how to does the responses from the greeter reflect the below verse in 2 Tim. as has been quoted to me on this forum?

I don't understand what it is you want by joining here, but speaking in poetry isn't what any of us are here to do. You didn't tell us much at all about yourself. More importantly, you haven't shown us any evidence that you are a born again Christian when you say "I found peace with the Lord." I don't assume you have listened to or read many of the teachings even though you knew about the ministry for years. If you had, I don't think you would have come on here saying that.

Your introduction lacks any testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and it can't be any more vague about who you are. I don't understand why you are here.

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. - 2 Timothy 2:24-26

How can you claim that welcoming a guest into this forum with disrespectful comments like that shows anything pertaining to 2 Tim 2:24-26?

Even if LuluRee has not been born again, which we do not know at this point, she should be treated as an honest visitor with questions until shown as otherwise, but you've pretty much set her back on her heals, and she probably won't respond. I hope she does and I hope she looks at the links provided and gives her honest response.

As I've watched this church interact with those who have come with questions a comparison with the Ephesus Church in Rev 2:1-7 has come to mind. This might be worth a slow read through.

I don't see anything beneficial in approaching another person in a disrespectful manner especially when they join this forum with no intended disrespect. Saved or not Saved. Remember where you came from and how you might feel when approached in such a way.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 11:05:40 AM »
I was irritated when I wrote my post to Marie and I think it did show in my writing. I should have thought more carefully about what I was writing and how it comes off before saying anything. I am sorry Marie for any offense because of that.

But I do have to stand my ground about the points I made. What you wrote is vague and does not tell us anything about who you are or what you believe. Living day to day is something everyone does, so you saying that as a way to introduce yourself is what leaves me confused.

Also, what I said about finding "peace with the Lord" when you were five is not descriptive of the repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that is necessary to be born again according to the Bible.

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
-Act 20:21

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-Luke 13:3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
-John 3:3

This has been taught for years in this ministry which is why I assume you haven't listened to or read many of the articles, and again, we recommend those two links if you want more information on why I said that.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 11:59:56 AM »
I don't see anything beneficial in approaching another person in a disrespectful manner especially when they join this forum with no intended disrespect. Saved or not Saved. Remember where you came from and how you might feel when approached in such a way.
I agree with Vince that I noticed that Tim's post seemed to be a bit strict or rigid, but I had the same questions Tim had. (i.e. Tim was right.) That goes for Ellie as well, I had the same questions she had. I thought the phrase "Living day to day and hope to hope. This is my everyday story." was a completely pointless comment. I could walk into a store and read that on inside of a Hallmark card. So if she came here for fellowship, then it was very odd that she would make such generic remarks, which leaves us to wonder if she came here for fellowship at all, which makes us question why she is here (and even why it took her so many years to do it).

I would guarantee that if we were all in a room, and she came in as a guest, she would not talk the way she just wrote. That tells me that she's standing on pretense in some manner (i.e. a call to impress), and when people do that, there is deception somewhere. Vince, you did NOT stand on pretense when you came here to talk with us in your introduction, and therefore, we did not respond to you in the same manner, but for someone who is still lacking discernment (as you admitted on your own that you are), perhaps it would be better for you to ask WHY someone responded to her as they did, rather than demand they satisfy your personal preferences.

Tim is gentle, even when he is irritated, and I would remind you that Jesus Christ was gentle, but He was also very frank in His speech, as He was when He spoke to a whole crowd of people who believed on Him:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
-John 8:44-47

He flat-out told those people, who were professing "believers," that they were of the devil. You think they liked that? They picked up stones to kill Him after He said it. I could provide many other such examples if needed, and in comparison, I think Tim was far more reserved in his speech. We will tell the truth here, whether you like it or not, because it is for the sake of the saving of souls, which is far more important than satisfying your personal feelings.

She said: Since I was five I remember I found peace with the Lord.
That is NOT the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and there is no place in the Bible where someone was saved or became a child of God by "finding peace with the Lord."

But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon [i.e. quickly] with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
-Mat 13:20-21
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 12:07:13 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

LuluRee

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 10:38:02 PM »
To sum up I think it would be a pretense to write a standard or assumed format/description in the Introduction.

Vince - here I am replying - Thanks

To answer the question about having peace.

To walk with Lord you feel peace or refreshing.

Act3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

You will find the answers to most of the other questions once you get to know me better.

Marie

Vince

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 11:14:55 PM »
Hi LuluRee, thanks for joining this forum, would you be able to share a little more detail on your testimony. It's of the utmost importance to those here, and hopefully you to understand where each is in their relationship with Christ. Were you ever baptized? If so could you tell us a bit about what happened surrounding that?

As Elissa mentioned before an important article that most new visitors take a look at is https://www.creationliberty.com/articles/repent.php Could you please take some time and review this and get back with any questions or thoughts you might have.

It usually is a great starting point for discussion and getting to know each other better.

Let us know if any questions at all, as many here would be glad to help answer, probably much better than myself.

Vince
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 11:40:19 PM by Vince »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 10:49:05 AM »
You will find the answers to most of the other questions once you get to know me better.
You were asked for your testimony of Jesus Christ. That does not require "getting to know you better." I see two major problems right now:

1. You found this site years ago when looking up things on tithing (according to your original post), and yet, based on what I'm reading from you, it sounds like you haven't looked at (or listened to) much of anything I've produced, so your two posts together are looking very odd. The people who joined this forum are in agreement together on most of their beliefs and philosophy (i.e. way of thinking), so if you uphold something else other than that, I am still curious why you are even here.

2. It's almost as if you're trying to talk in code, as if we are collectively waiting in suspense as you reveal poetic hints about "who you are." I am not suspenseful, I assure you; I am more suspicious and cautious right now because I have seen this pattern many times before. When a woman such as yourself claims to be a Christian and then puts up a generic sentence to replace an actual testimony of Christ, and then speaks in somewhat coded messages when requested for basic information about her, that is showing all the signs of a deceptive woman who is hiding her intentions. I see a woman who is fearful to testify of Jesus Christ because she's worried that she doesn't understand the Scripture and will be told the truth by those who do understand it, but someone who did not fear the truth would just come out and say it because she wants to fellowship together with everyone.

If I'm wrong, then prove me wrong. But if you don't want to provide that, then just say so and we can change your profile from "Christian" to "Other" so your profile will accurately reflect your beliefs, and no one will get fooled. I just want us to be honest with each other and not stand on pretense; that's all.

(Side note: Vince, you are not in a position to be questioning anyone else on that matter, when you have not yet figured out where you stand yet.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 10:51:40 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 10:45:33 AM »
Okay, it's been more than four days and neither Vince nor Marie have logged into their accounts to answer some of this stuff.

Marie, I don't have interest in needing a decoder ring to have a conversation with someone, and it's embarrassing that you call yourself a "Christian" and cannot simply tell us about your conversion to Jesus Christ. Therefore, I don't trust you, and I'm going to remove your account.

Vince, you keep trying to repeat a narrative to "be accepted." It's very obvious now. I, and others, have to go behind you to clean up messes you leave on the forum because you are bringing leaven with you while calling yourself a "Christian." I am sad for your situation in your home, and I understand in part what you are experiencing, but even though you do not know where you stand with Jesus Christ, you have the arrogance to come here and debate with us when someone else joins. My patience is running out, especially knowing that I will potentially have to monitor because you have shown that you will to come onto new peoples' introduction posts to argue with us about things that you don't understand. As with Marie, I can't trust you, and I'm going to remove your account.

I hate having to do this, but I don't want to have to waste my time with all these responses (i.e. essentially babysitting) when I have other work to focus on. If anyone else reads this, please understand that we preach the doctrine of repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing) and remission (i.e. forgiveness) of sins, which is what Jesus Christ commanded:

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
-Luke 24:47

If you are thinking about joining the forum, and you disagree with that doctrine, then this is not the place where you will find fellowship with likeminded individuals. It's that simple.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 10:47:36 AM by creationliberty »