Author Topic: What Is The Metaverse?  (Read 688 times)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
What Is The Metaverse?
« on: November 13, 2021, 10:04:35 PM »
Chris mentioned something about not having ever gotten involved with VR (virtual reality) when talking about FB changing their name to Meta, and I wondered at the time what one had to do with the other, but I really didn't pay much attention to it. However, I found this video recently in one of my other Telegram groups, and it really opened my eyes to what is truly going on here.

A couple of disclaimers, however. I don't believe for a second that the guy who did this video is actually a Christian. I think he's in some sort of Hebrew Roots cult or something, because he refers to God as 'Yah" and to Jesus as 'Yeshua'. And I couldn't even find what sort of 'Bible' he's using because typing in the phrasing used in the verses he quoted didn't bring up a match. I just kept getting other popular versions. I even looked up his website, but he uses the NKJV there.

Anyway, the poor theology aside, he does do a good job of explaining what the Metaverse is and why it is so dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDM1CIwa5Bw

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
Re: What Is The Metaverse?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 02:04:49 PM »
I'd look at this "metaverse" concept the same way I'd look at all technology, it will most appeal to those who grow up with it. For example, I grew up with a lot of computers and gaming systems from the 8 bit ones to PC about 10 years ago, and up until about that time I could have gone on a lot about the tech that was inside each one, but not long after that, graphics especially got to a point where I just couldn't tell the difference between subsequent generations, it all started to look mostly the same. Thankfully I never got into 3D (honestly the first 3D movie I saw just gave me a headache) and VR stuff was prohibitively expensive when it came out. Ultimately though to me and people from earlier generations, it was just a gimmick, I haven't seen it serve any practical use. Thing is, with the generation coming up, especially with a lot of parents who aren't anywhere near as dedicated to raising their children, they love parenting with an I-pad, there's more of a push to do online education and digital interaction (thanks to the whole scam-demic for the most part), if there's a major push by social media platforms for what appears to be a temporary practical uptake in VR technology, then the more people will get used to it, and the more they'll basically want to use it to babysit the next generation.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that over the last couple of decades, there's been a mindset of people who, in a sense, worship technology...as in they act like they can't live without it. I mean take a look at how many people line up for hours on hours for the latest trendy brick they call a phone for a slightly better camera and more removed features marketed as an "upgrade".

Something else that came out of the last decade or so in online gaming was the introduction of things called "loot boxes" (randomised bundles of items that you need to pay separately for, some European countries have already rightfully banned the practice calling it gambling...which it is), and with Klaus Schwab and his whole mantra of "you will own nothing and be happy", it's not hard to see how a VR world of sorts might be eventually marketed as something positive or an escape from how bad the real world might get. If someone grows up in that kind of world, thinking that they have power to alter what they see in a digital program (but of course are still only human), they will possibly be even less receptive to the gospel and the fact they are in need of a savior.

It's speculation, I know, but certain "ruling elite" types have pulled off even more outlandish lies and gotten people to believe it. A little telling too when certain founders of some social media labels have gone on record to say they wouldn't allow their own children to use their platform, the exponential growth of technology is proving to be bad news the more and more time passes.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 08:42:31 AM »
Is it rude of me to wonder why this is important? I stay away from such modern things more and more often. It is scary how much evil can be done with it.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 01:55:33 AM »
That's why it was considered important. Because of the evil it could be used for and how many people were expected to receive and endorse it. Thankfully it's looking like it's tanking though, but especially for people who have very little in this life and have a big want for material things, the metaverse is one step to a full VR world where people can have a lot of things with no effort. What they don't realise is that there's every chance it'll work off a pay to win/lootbox mechanic so that the only people with anything will be people with money anyway. It's a lie being sold as a polished pet rock, no substance or value but many will lap it up anyway.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.