Author Topic: Thankful  (Read 693 times)

donporter63

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -3
  • Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
  • First Name: Don
  • Belief: Christian
Thankful
« on: April 23, 2022, 05:34:26 PM »
I'm thankful for Bro. Chris Johnson -

1. I appreciate the fact that 2 Timothy 2:15 is important to him
2. I appreciate that "Thus sayeth the Lord" is more important than what the next Pastor, missionary, evangelist, or deacon down the road says.
3. Anyone willing to publically "take it on the chin" while attempting to please the Lord and while using God's Word is a blessing to me.
4. Will there always be 100% agreement, no, but let us reason together - mature Christians are few, and even fewer are those who will discuss  "sensitive" topics

My realm of influence and area of publicity is minuscule, but I know what it is like to study God's Word, and then learn that everything I was taught by a Pastor, in my past, hasn't always been accurate. The result of sharing what I've learned from the Bible is polarizing to the average Baptist in my area.

Are you studying to shew yourself approved unto God?
Redeemed, husband, father, veteran, singer, Preacher, teacher, lover of space, President @ bibleschool.edu. #baptist #Christian #John316

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
Re: Thankful
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 12:21:42 AM »
Just wondering, Don, whether you have read this article by Chris:

Titles Are Unbiblical in the Church

In calling him "Bro. Chris", you're giving him a title, which is flattering, and the Bible has nothing good to say about flattery. But anyway, please read the article for yourself to understand more about it.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

donporter63

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 01:26:02 PM »
Won't be bated into an argument, too many immature Christians dying to argue and, in the end, accomplish nothing. I've been one of the Redeemed since 1972, and the Holy Spirit would've pricked my heart if I had said anything wrong.
Redeemed, husband, father, veteran, singer, Preacher, teacher, lover of space, President @ bibleschool.edu. #baptist #Christian #John316

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 08:10:48 PM »
Don, I, too, have to wonder what your purpose was/is in coming here. Your introductory post reads more like an application for employment than the testimony of a born again Christian seeking fellowship with likeminded believers, and you don't want to discuss legitimate concerns that have been brought up. Nobody here is interested in arguing with you; rather we want to make certain that you have the same understanding of repentance and conversion that we do before just accepting your word that you are 'brethren' according to the Word of God. Maybe, with all the positions you have held in various church buildings, you are unaccustomed to having your word or authority questioned, but you will quickly find that that is not the way we operate here. So far, I have not seen evidence of the humility of someone who has recognised their worthlessness as a sinner without the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. As Ellie stated in the other thread, nobody cares about the various positions you have held in whatever church buildings you have attended, or how many degrees your wife has. All we care about is your personal testimony about how and when you came to be born again in Jesus Christ.

donporter63

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 09:16:33 PM »
My Salvation is bought and paid for by the finished work of Calvary. I don't answer a man on that issue, I'll stick with the Holy Spirit, thanks!

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Micheal
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 09:31:43 AM »
I've noticed that more emphasis was based on emotion and opinion rather than scripture in regards to donporter63. God's word says that faithful are the wounds of a friend rather than the kiss of an enemy. Anyone feel free to correct me if I mentioned anything wrong. Thank you.