Author Topic: Apricot Seeds  (Read 7706 times)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Apricot Seeds
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 12:55:50 PM »
Ann, when I am not feeling well, I do 5-7 3 times daily.  Otherwise, I eat a handful from time to time.  I hope you find a good brand.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Ruth

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 02:10:06 PM »
Hmm, I eat apple seeds, but I haven't tried apricot seeds. I don't know if they would work the same?

A word of caution on Dr. Berg: although he teaches a lot on the ketogenic diet, he also appears to be a fairly heavy promoter of accupressure; a traditional Chinese medicine technique to balance 'chi' energy in the body.

I've posted a link below which claims to be the official site for accupressure. I don't endorse this link at all, but I think it summarises the beliefs behind this practice well:
https://www.acupressure.com/applications/chi_healing_energy.htm

I know no-one was promoting accupressure on the forum, I just thought I'd mention that Dr Berg also has these  kinds of videos on his channel and to be cautious of them.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 03:04:30 PM »
Hi Ruth...
I have watched him in the past. I do not believe in acupressure or acupuncture... So we are good :)

Joshua

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 22
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 03:57:03 PM »
(Ann, I'm Dee's son.)
I wasn't sure how others here might see the [keto] diet since it's not really how God tells us to eat...
When I first heard of the ketogenic diet I told myself:
Q: How can a ketogenic diet be healthy when we have verses like Genesis 1:29?
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
-Genesis 1:29

A: I have asked myself this question many times.  Why would God make grains, and put a bunch of sugar into fruit if it's healthier to abstain from them?  But if you think about it, there's a thing called "fasting" where you abstain from every food God made, and it's very healthy to do that; so thinking about the keto diet as abstaining from certain foods, to cause your body to go into a state similar to fasting (ketosis), makes it sound a little more reasonable.  It's not that an apple is bad for your health, it's just that there are some benefits to getting into ketosis.

To elaborate more, on a ketogenic diet you basically starve your body of sugar, and have only a small amount of carbs (20-50 grams of carbs a day depending on your metabolism), this forces your body to burn an alternative fuel source: fat (the fat you eat or if you're over weight then your own bodies fat).  When you are burning fat/ketones for fuel, you are in a state of ketosis; you are also in a state of Ketosis when you do prolonged fasting (I believe it's more then 2 days, that your body has depleted all of it's glucose).  So on a ketogenic diet, you get some of the same health benefits as prolonged fasting (being in ketosis), without actually fasting (not that you shouldn't also fast, but a keto diet allows you to be in ketosis, even on the days you do eat.)  So if you believe fasting is healthy, you'll probably like the keto diet, since they both go off the idea that burning fat for fuel (ketosis) is healthy.

That's great that you like your green veggies.  You've probably heard many people recommend 7-10 cups (or 7-10oz) of leafy greens each day, and that's perfectly fine for keto.  When you subtract the fiber, it's only about 3.5-5 grams of net carbs, and since we're allowed 20-50 grams a day, we still have plenty of room for other veggies and low carb fruits like avocado, and tomato. 

I am confident in my stance, but I know I could still be wrong on this.  I also know of a couple of forum members that will disagree with some of the advice I have given you (and they are welcome to comment why), but I encourage you to not just take our word for it, but to research it yourself so you can know why and what you are doing (if you haven't already). 

Also, any ideas of how to combat diabetes?
Raw for 30 Days Documentary (Concerning Diabetes)
In this documentary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pjkC71exKU) a holistic doctor named Dr. Gabriel Cousins uses diet to treat people with diabetes and they see great success.  Although Cousins has false spiritual views, this Documentary focuses on the diet part, so I still recommend watching it when you have the time.  This is how he treats them:

@15:13 "In this month, you'll see an incredible transformation of the people moving from eating junk food, pesticided-herbicided food, high animal fat, low fiber, high sugar, and moving towards Raw, Organic - and put them on a no sugar diet"
I don't think they every use the phrase "ketogneic diet", but a "no sugar diet" is a ketogenic diet if it's also low carb, which I believe it is because in his book "There is a Cure for Diabetes" (mentioned under his name at the @15:22 time stamp), he talks about how he uses the "ketogenic diet". Which means this documentary is more proof of the ketogenic diet being healthy.

@16:40 "One of the things you're going to learn about live food [raw, uncooked food] is: that's the diet that works the best.  What's the reason? When you cook the food you lose 50% of the protein, 70-80 percent of the vitamins and minerals, and close to 100% of the phytonutrients"

@17:35 "NO meat, NO diary, NO bread, NO cooked grains, NO sugar, NO caffeine, nothing cooked over 118 degrees, Gourmet, all you can eat raw vegan meals 3 times a day"

Now he has them go on a vegan diet, but I personally believe grass fed, pasture raised (because free-range means nothing) animal products are healthy; however, you are going to have to decide what you think the best treatment is for you; because you're the one that's struggling with diabetes.

I have  Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
I've know about Dr. Berg's views on acupressure, but just like the holistic Dr. Cousins and his spiritual views, I'll still recommend some videos by him.  Here's a link to some of Berg's videos on PCOS, and there's a playlist with 30 videos on it. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+berg+pcos

P.S. If I'm in error by recommending videos by either of these doctors, please let me know.  As of the moment I don't see anything wrong with it, because I'm not recommending their false beliefs, but rather condemning them.  On the other hand, I don't know if it will cause someone to stumble by sending them to these doctors.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:16:57 PM by Joshua »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psalm 34:18

Suelong88

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »
I agree with Joshua in that you have to do the research for yourself.  There are many different takes on the Keto diet.  You just have to find the one that works best for you. 

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2018, 04:30:29 PM »
Thank you, Joshua, for posting the links and making it easy to find the helpful information on PCOS /diabetes.

Yes, even if Berg has the acupressure videos (which we don't watch) I am thankful for all the other information he provides.  He explains so many topics on the body and how to feel better.  Other doctors out there don't take the time to do this.  And Berg explains these things in simple to understand terminology.   If it wasn't for him, we (my son Joshua and I) wouldn't have tried the keto...and we would have missed out on feeling a whole lot better.

(If we should stay away from all worldly/pagan people, then that would include our dentists, hair dressers, etc.)

But, I too, like Joshua, do not want to put a stumbling block before anyone here and would like to be corrected, if need be.

TruthKeeper

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2018, 06:20:09 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone... I have actually done pretty in depth research on the Keto diet.. I just wanted to make sure it was right and biblical.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »
Are the seed you guys get able to be planted in the ground and grow? Or have they been treated?  I ask because we need health stuff here bad. But shipping here cost more then the seeds and are ministry just don't have funds to. But I was thinking I can plant them and grow are own. We have few people here who needs then. They have tumor grow out side of there body's. It is also a great opportunity to preach the truth.  Most go to faith healer and I tell them praying to a idol and rubbing the healers spit on the sick parts is just not going to work.

I would also like to recommend trace minerals for your health. I get mine from youngevity. We get are minerals in raw form do to shipping cost.

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2023, 03:41:09 PM »
Hello everyone,

Do any of you have a new recommendation for the best apricot seed brand? I noticed the one Chris linked is not available on Amazon anymore.

Thanks
"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2