Author Topic: INTRODUCTION  (Read 9751 times)

4givenessmini

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
    • none
  • First Name: James
  • Belief: Other
INTRODUCTION
« on: January 02, 2019, 02:59:20 AM »
My name is James and while I consider myself a Christian I still search for true knowledge. While I have a belief in God and a faith in the son Jesus Christ reviewing the Old Testament as compared to the new is very interesting. While I have e-mailed Chris about my situation and also mentioned about my Grand mother loving Billy Graham Chris shot back to me a remark which I thought was rude but than we all have to question also. Sure a TV evangelist can sometimes sway one but with a grain of mustard seed faith we can all move mountains. At times we can all get down in the valley but it is thru Jesus that he can pull us out of the fire. So I hope you welcome me to this forum and that we all learn something together.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: INTRODUCTION
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 05:34:01 AM »
Hello james

Have you posted on "introduce yourself"? I looked but may have past over it.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 09:50:56 AM »
Hello James,

Please explain more about what you believe and how you found CLE.  Thanks.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 09:56:31 AM »
Hello james

Have you posted on "introduce yourself"? I looked but may have past over it.

I fixed it. This is now a seperate thread.

4givenessmini

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • none
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 12:16:01 AM »
I guess someone wants me to reintroduce myself. What can I say as we all look for the truth and the truth will set you free. While I am in my mid 60's and we all try to strive to search for the truth that is what its all about and to live right with fellow man. Sure we as humans are in a fight of combating the flesh and the devil. We all seem to have fallen by the wayside in some ways means and form but understanding true justice, and believe that is what Jesus came by truth and grace let no one put us under.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 12:32:00 AM »
Being in your mid-sixties, I can understand some people may not be tech savvy, or used to technology and familiar with it, or perhaps you may not be accustomed to writing and putting your thoughts down on paper. If that is the case, I completely understand. However, I did not follow almost anything you said; you basically lost me after the first sentence.

For example, when you said "What can I say as we all look for the truth and the truth will set you free." I don't know what you mean by "all" or by "truth." The Bible teaches us that God's Word is truth:
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
-John 17:17

And also that no one seeks after God; meaning that God must be loving to them first by giving understanding to them in their lost state.
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
-Rom 3:10-11

So, no. Not everyone "looks for the truth." In fact, most people do not. By using the phrase "we all" are you talking about the church specifically? Because later you say "we as humans," which implies all mankind, and the Bible says that all mankind does not seek the truth.

That's just one example of the many things you wrote. What you're saying is not only confusion, but possibly contradictory to what the Bible teaches. Many of your sentences were not really sentences, they were fragments, and I just had such a hard time following this, so I'm still not sure what else to say.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

4givenessmini

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • none
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 12:42:54 AM »
Chris while the bible is an extensive book are we not all babe's in Christ and have been given a measure of faith according to the word. While a simple grain of mustard seed faith can move mountains. God can use the weak and the strong to help others, As we all should understand love covers a multitude of sins so I hope I am welcome to join. You are right I never really learned that about computer stuff as that wasn't in my up bring desires but with the amount of faith and the belief that God is with all of us in the good times and the bad we are more than conquers.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 07:44:37 AM »
James, how did you find creationliberty.com?
And when and how did you come to Christ.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 09:13:12 AM »
I agree with Chris is that I am also having a very hard time figuring out what, exactly, you're trying to say. You just seem to be stringing cliches and fragments of Scripture together in a manner that doesn't really make sense. Is this how you normally talk to people?

4givenessmini

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • none
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 02:26:43 PM »
To not dissuade anyone what can I say I'm a sinner just like everyone else, Chris knows my story but that is not the point as the truth will set one free and yes we all go thru trails and tribulations and offenses do come. While we can all study to show thyself approve do we all not stumble in ways, means, and form. Works of righteousness are good but if its not anchored right we all stumble. Now Chris has some good points about his teaching curve but the bible says we must to come together. If Chris wants to lecture my story he's welcome to but the bible also says let no man teach you so I myself maybe having a hard time understanding true faith as compared to mustard seed faith or blind faith, or either saving faith or do we all stumble at times.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 05:00:53 PM »
If Chris wants to lecture my story he's welcome to but the bible also says let no man teach you so I myself maybe having a hard time understanding true faith as compared to mustard seed faith or blind faith, or either saving faith or do we all stumble at times.

Hi James

Welcome to the forum from me. 

I too was having a bit of difficulty fathoming out exactly where you were coming from and your understanding and grounding in the Word of God.  I'm 57 years old so not too far behind you in age.

In your last post I read one part in particular that I have underlined above did stand out to me.  I'm not quite sure why you wrote that but it doesn't really line up with what the Bible teaches.  I have put some examples from scripture below to show why this is in error.

1 Corinthians 12 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30 have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

So as we see, teachers do have a very real position and role in the church.

1 Corinthians 14 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: 19 yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

and more about teaching and the reasons for sound teaching

Ephesians 4 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

and there are many more references as to why teaching is important in the church.  As you will study the topic you will also read who is allowed to teach in the church and who is not.  Also that all teaching is open for discussion in the church and hence this is why we have the forum here.  It may be important to note here that Chris is not our "guru" and at times Chris will post retractions of things he has taught in error.  All of us are responsible to do our own Bible reading and Bible study and out of that our discussion here in the forum takes place.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and if Bible reading and Bible study and the incorporation of those principles deep in to your life is where you are at then you will fairly automatically become a part of the group but if you are of the mindset of those in the "church buildings" then you will no doubt quickly lose interest in our discussion and the close friendship we have with eachother.  I hope it is the former.

Rgrds James

Kevin

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 05:08:18 PM »
Well james, are you giving Chris permission to share with us your story?
James, would you be willing to share with us your life story and how you came to know jesus christ?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »
James: I did not know who you were until just now when the church brought it up to me during Bible study. I know you are being vague on purpose, and I will say this to you directly: You are NOT going to fool me, and you are not going to last very long here with your false doctrine. You believe in the false, new-age ecumenical "jesus" of Billy Graham, who went to hell with his hopes in a false christ. I posted some of your letters to the church privately so they can read them and know the truth about you.

Frankly, I don't know why you're even here, so you had better state clearly why you're here, otherwise, we may just show you the door because we are not your brethren.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

4givenessmini

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • none
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 09:56:39 PM »
Chris I want to think you for giving me the time to sound off with my introduction.

Sometimes I have to say wow I feel like this is some spanish inquisition and a bit different from attending church if one can, without reprocussions of persecution of some sorts but here goes. First let me say I'm a sinner as are all people but by the renewing of the mind we are more than conquerors. We all could talk about an introduction of Paul which he says "He's the chief sinner but thats stated in one of his epistales but to answer your question at the age of five my grandmother said that I could recite the 23 Psalm by heart. Now that was quite an accomplishment Sure church was good in my growing years, I wasn't one of the best students as we are all rancy at times in our growing years and we have to at times put off the old man and put on the new. To make a long story short I'm not the author of confusion or am I the finisher.
 While I can't say anything against anyone that wants to follow Jesus we all have a learning process to go thru. Right now I am considered a Sex offender. I wonder if we all offend in thought and deed or is that a principal that the bible taught.

We can look at the life of Paul and get a pretty good idea of why God used him. Now I can't say anything wrong about Chris or anybody else on this forum but  can one judge a book by its cover, isn't that what Adam and eve tried to do which is "cover" when they were tempted. Now Chris is a straight forward man and he might use the word  to get one's attention or make some angry. but its working together that gets things done in the christian way. We could all talk about churches or their different points but if one goes by the KJV and presses on for the cause their is hope for all and guaranteed salvation.

I hope that gives an introduction that is a bit unworthy of anyone that overshaddows the meek. Sure we all should believe in truth but its love that covers all.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 10:15:07 PM »
Paul might be chief of sinners but he did repent and did not justify his sins. He also did not make any excuse for his sins.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 11:10:31 PM »
James

Although it is a good thing that you have written that you are considered to be a sex offender, if you have an attitude of repentance (grief and Godly sorrow for wrong doing that is not only for any sex offences or non-sex offences you have committed), meekness and humility it is more likely you will not be writing the replies that you are.  I totally doubt you have come to the foot of the cross in brokenness and sorrow and with a contrite heart for wrong doing against Christ/God as a person who has done that typically will not at all write as you have.

To make me think any different would require a complete change of attitude   .....  and typically that is not something a person can fake and sooner or later people show who they really are.  I hope one day you do repent and turn and that has a very deep change in your life but until that ever happens your communications will clearly show where you are really at.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 11:30:25 PM »
James, as Chris said, he has shared the email exchanges you have had with him to our church group. It is obvious from your letters that you have not repented of your sin and rather have tried to place the blame on others instead of taking taking responsibility for your own actions.

You said in your email to Chris:

Now Christopher I would rather listen to John McArthur maybe even Oprah or maybe Joel Osteen if they were preaching.

If that is the case, then I will echo Chris' question; why are you here and what do you hope to accomplish? Maybe you should just go back to the preachers of the world who will scratch your itching ears because you certainly won't get any sympathetic messages here meant to make you feel good about your sin. You don't seem to understand the concept that forgiveness is only reserved for people who REPENT, which you have not done.

Reciting Psalm 23 at the age of 5 will not get you into heaven. You could memorise the entire Bible and be able to recite any verse at any time, and that still would not do you any good.

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise

Isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Isaiah 66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

CONTRITE, adjective [Latin , to break or bruise; to rub or wear. See Trite.] Literally, worn or bruised. Hence, broken-hearted for sin; deeply affected with grief and sorrow for having offended God; humble; penitent; as a contrite sinner.

4givenessmini

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • none
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 02:35:32 AM »
Now Chris is a very well scripture teacher and is very good at his observance of the good news. In fact he has a good understanding. The part about Oprah and others I mentioned were a bit underrated but from my understanding all an evangelist is to lead one to Christ. While if one noticed thru the years their have been stories about Billy Graham and different view's but I have no problems with Chris and his views in fact the Bereans say to search the scriptures and Chris is well in tune with the bible. Even the just shall live by faith. Thank you Chris for letting me shout out. True understanding is God can use everyone that has the faith of a mustard seed as he is the finisher of all.

4givenessmini

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • none
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 03:36:02 AM »
You know Jeanne I am impressed as a study of Psalm's and Proverbs is good. And yes me myself learned something about Billy Graham. Now I was just reviewing some things that made me understand more. What would we all do without the love of Christ. Would we all be lost. Even David in his laminations was so dis hearted when he sinned but out of the root of Jesse we now have a savior so making an enhancement or fulfilling the law is good. so I hope I am welcomed.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 03:48:47 AM »
James, what have you learned about billy graham