Author Topic: Greetings from Raleigh, NC  (Read 4186 times)

Zack

Greetings from Raleigh, NC
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:55:04 PM »
Good Evening,

My name is Zack and I've been listening for about a year or so. I've had conviction to join for quite awhile, but have taken my time in searching, seeing for myself, and comparing a lot of the information presented in the audios/teaching etc.....In short - glad to finally join.

In Brief:

I was brought up in a lutheran church as a child, which I really didn't enjoy all that much but HAD to go through all of the traditions and hoops to jump because... that's what was expected. I rarely attended after highschool.

I got saved a few years back outside of a "Church" which has gotten a few "interesting" looks from some down here in the south when I share this detail. You can read (and soon listen) to my testimony below. I am sharing this link as it is my site and will give you context to my testimony in more detail:

https://moderndiscernment.com/about-zack/

I'd like to THANK the Lord Jesus Christ by using Chris in the teachings.  Specifically regarding repentence, because even after being saved - the 'church' in a way was a stumbling block in learning what had happened to me. Even though I had been extremely humbled and came to grief before God and belief on the Lord Jesus Christ -- I still couldn't make any sense of it with regard to 'turning' or 'deciding' . This,  along with other 'tradition' of men, and pet doctrines, has caused issues in initial understanding, but I needed to see things in the 'church'  first hand apparently.  Thank the Lord for the Holy Spirit in leading paths.

Fortunately -- I was very much equipped on what was going on in the churches/cults/ false teachers etc... (Thanks Scott Johnson).  At the same time- I sought a church building because I thought that was where I might find brethren who had genuine a love for other believers. I was in the system for about 2 years and the Lord showed me quite a bit before swiftly pulling me out and moving me to the location I am now.

***I will note that - it has been hard to come to terms with why God uses and calls on certain people. I don't understand why I am being used and why there are so  FEW out there.  I never really expected this to be the case as the 'world'  would have us believe there are so many 'Christians' out there. This has been an eye opener and has been difficult to deal with at times. Anyway...

I look forward to conversing, and getting to know ya'll further,

In Christ,

Zack

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 08:58:33 PM by Zack »

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Greetings from Raleigh, NC
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »
Welcome Zack, it was nice reading your testimony.
I have wondered why there are so few out there as well.
Obviously the bible says that few will go through the gate and that they turn their ears from the truth because of their love of sin but still, to me it seems so simple... And its quite saddening knowing that people reject the truth daily.
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 (KJV)  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Interesting website name by the way, out of curiosity, how did you come up with the name?
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

Jephte21

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 10:02:12 PM »
There is few of us because there is few people in this world who want to humble themselves before God. And remember that God will not give is grace to the proud of heart.

James 4:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Welcome the forum Zack !!

Zack

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 03:54:36 PM »
Hey ThomasHGW,

Thanks for the welcome.

Regarding the few, I guess it has taken time to come to terms with.  I know they are out there for sure, but maybe I'm just overwhelmed by the 'conservative christian' types over here.  I had one girl that I met, who- in a condescending way state I had only been saved for a few years while she claiming to be saved since 'as long as she could remember...' These scenarios have been eye opening to say the least...

Regarding the name--  I had planned to cover more modern topics/issues and relate it back to scripture.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 04:04:10 PM by Zack »

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 03:57:53 PM »
Hi Zack

Welcome to the forum. 

I just saw that you were logged in and I realised that with so many new people joining that I had missed welcoming you to the forum.  I hope you like it here and fit right in and become an established long term part of the group.

Rgrds Zack

Kevin
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Zack

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 03:59:21 PM »
Guys, I don't know if there is threading for replies or if I'm just replying to my own thread, but...

Jephte21,

Agreed - scripture clearly states this

Thank you for the welcome.

Zack

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 04:03:00 PM »
Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the welcome !

Masha

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 04:23:46 PM »
Hi Zack, beautiful testimony, welcome to the forum!

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 09:26:29 PM »
Hi Zack, good to have you here! I appreciate the fact that you took the time to listen to what was being taught and compare it to Scripture before deciding to join. I wish more people would do that. So many see ONE teaching, such as the one against some holiday or other or 501(c)(3) and ASSUME that we are Adventists or Hebrew Roots or something, then become angry and/or argumentative when they find out we actually don't agree with them, either.

Anyway, just a few notes to help you navigate your way around here:

1) You don't have to make a separate post to reply to different people; you can reply to multiple people in one post. This isn't like Facebook or anything. (The REPLY button just adds another post at the bottom of the thread.)

2) I usually warn people up front that there is some sort of coding problem with the forum software that Chris has been unable to do anything about. Anyway, this glitch causes the forum software to reject 'foreign' apostrophes, so if you're copy/pasting from another source, you have to go back and replace all the apostrophes manually or your post will cut off at the point that the apostrophe appears. You also have to do this from a computer because it doesn't like apostrophes typed in from mobile devices, either.

Welcome again, and I look forward to getting to know you!

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 10:12:08 PM »
Welcome Zack, thank you for your testimony.

I, too, give thanks to God for using Christopher to cover such matters of great importance, such as "Repentance."
Truly, truly Christopher is doing a great work for God and hopefully many more people will come across the Truth and be saved. 

This is a good place to be, and it is good to have you here  :)
Have a Beautiful week!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:17:52 PM by Dee Babbitt »

Zack

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »
Hey Masha -- Thank you for the welcome !

Zack

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 02:01:49 PM »
Hey @Jeanne --  yes, I believe we ought to be careful what we get ourselves into.  I also can see that point as well -- I recall Chris mentioning that in recent teaching - I believe she was an adventist ?

I find it very ironic and somewhat laughable (:x) in the way people will react to you when you present 'unpleasant' information.  I tend to get the silent treatment when presenting information - what I mean by that is that they don't know what to say but are afraid to engage ?  I am met with silence  or distance after the fact. Oh well...

Thanks for the heads up  -- I was originally asking if there were threading @mentioning for someone's name ?  Not sure how people get notified with the forum software. Regardless - I'm happy to reply to my post the way I have been.

Thanks for the welcome !

Zack

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 02:07:16 PM »

@Dee Babbitt

Yes - I could not for the life of me understand my own salvation through a 'reformed' lens.  I just didn't make sense to what I went through. At no point did I recall turning  on my own carnal volition...

Thank you for the welcome !

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 02:13:51 PM »
Hi Zack,

No, there is not a way to specifically tag people where they will get notification that you mentioned them. As I stated before, this is not like social media. Your last two posts could have been combined into one and it would not make any difference.

We don't get email notifications of new posts, either. I just check in every day (mostly several times a day) and click the button up at the top in the blue section that says 'Show unread posts since last visit.' This will show you everything that has been posted since the last time you read the forum.

Zack

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 02:35:26 PM »
Roger that -- It makes more sense to include in 1 post if that's the case.