Author Topic: Farmers Market Preaching on the 4th of July  (Read 3970 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Farmers Market Preaching on the 4th of July
« on: July 07, 2020, 05:30:12 PM »
It was an excellent day to preach on the Town Square during the Farmers Market on Independence Day here in Murfreesboro TN.
At one point I had a guy come up to me telling me about his false doctrine of baptismal regeneration that is typical of the, so-called, "Church of Christ" denomination, which is similar to the Roman Catholic false doctrine on baptism.
Another man, claiming to be a Christian, sent his wife and friends away so he could curse at me and rail on me expressing his great objection to me preaching the law of God.

1 Corinthians 5:11 KJV  But now I have written unto you not to keep company, 👉if any man that is called a brother be a👈 fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or 👉a railer👈, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Psalm 19:7 KJV  👉The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul:👈 the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

https://youtu.be/MW-AKRRQtV8
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Farmers Market Preaching on the 4th of July
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 06:36:12 PM »
I found it interesting that when you were preaching against the wickedness of idolatry and fornication, and that set him off. I mean, you were just preaching against wickedness in general before he showed up, and he did not show any evidence that he was a Christian. He scoffed at Scripture and cussed at you for quoting it. I hope God has mercy on him that he might come to repentance and be saved. I kind of laughed to myself that he was afraid his wife might put a bridle on his tongue unless he first sent her away so she would not hear.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 06:44:50 PM »
Haha! What?! At about 8:55, that guy said that Paul taught the law was the ministry of death. Where did he get that? He said to read "Corinthians" for it, but Paul does not teach that to Corinth. It sounds like he has been listening to a false preacher because Paul wrote:
"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet."
-Rom 7 :7

And that's why he also taught:
"But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."
-Gal 3 :23-24
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 07:06:14 PM »
that guy said that Paul taught the law was the ministry of death. Where did he get that? He said to read "Corinthians" for it,
Yeah, that was so far out there I couldn't address him on it.

Maybe somebody ripped this verse out of context, twisted it into a pretzel, and fed it to him:
1 Corinthians 15:56 KJV  The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

"If you preach the law then sin will get its power to sting people to death!"
Or some other such nonsense.
Anything to keep the law from being preached as it ought.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 07:10:05 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 10:31:13 PM »
Yeah, he does not understand what that means. He's been listening to false preachers. I just got done writing commentary on that chapter.
http://creationliberty.com/articles/book1corinthians03.php#15

[v54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

It is Isaiah 25:8 that says, "He will swallow up death in victory," and that "the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces," which would indicate the end of all suffering and pain for the saints, and in order to end all pain and suffering, death must be defeated, which is why Paul wrote earlier in this chapter that the last enemy that will be destroyed is death. (1Co 15:26)

[v55] O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Death will have no more power over the saints, which means that there will be no more destruction and corruption of death, and that also means the stinging pain of death will be no more. This seems to be somewhat taken from Hosea 13:14, that "repentance [i.e. grief and sorrow] shall be hid from mine eyes," that the tears of grief and sorrow will no longer plague the countenance of those who have been translated into Christ's Kingdom.

[v56] The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

That is, with the removal of death must also come the removal of sin, because, as Paul wrote earlier in this chapter, by sin came death. (1Co 15:22) So the sting of pain comes from death, and death comes from sin, which means the foundation of the sting comes from sin. This is not to say that the law endorses or encourages sin of any kind, nor is it to say that the law is sin, as Paul had written to the Roman church that the law is most definitely not sin of any kind (Rom 7:7), but rather, the law is the moral force upon which sin is conceived because without good, there is no evil, and therefore, once sin is destroyed, there will be no more need for the law either, and all the saints will live in accordance to the charitable fulfillment of the law, in perfection, as we were originally intended to be, in peace and harmony with one another.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 10:47:08 PM »
Chris, this is why I enjoy having conversations with you:

1 Corinthians 14:12 KJV  Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

They are edifying.

LeniLani2002

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 10:09:14 AM »
Hi Ken,

I tried to listen but it says the video is restricted.  Is this a group only listen? 

Could be my YouTube skills  :-\

Thanks.

Tanya

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 10:41:30 AM »
I've only marked "not made for kids" for this video, because you have to select "for kids" or "not for kids".
I mark all my videos that way since they made up that rule.
Maybe your YouTube settings only allow you to view videos that are "for kids"?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 11:00:39 AM »
My videos are also marked as "not made for kids," so if she can view mine, she should be able to view yours. However, YouTube has some algorithms that do it for you automatically, like if there is anything using the Bible to preach against certain sins (like sodomy for example). There should be a "Restricted" option to toggle on/off in your settings, and you just have to turn it off.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »
I wonder if I've been "reported".
My wife was complaining that some of her friends didn't like that video, though she claims that she doesn't watch any of them.
I'll have to check for "restrictions" when I get home. I don't see that option in the app.

LeniLani2002

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 11:20:59 AM »
I got it to work under another account.  I think that one is set up differently for the kids.  Looking forward to the listen.  Thank you both!

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 04:35:37 PM »
The restriction is on the user side, not the uploader.

Joshua

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 22
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 06:49:40 PM »
At about 8:55, that guy said that Paul taught the law was the ministry of death. Where did he get that? He said to read "Corinthians" for it...

I think he might be referring to this one:
2 Corinthians 3:7
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

-Psalm 34:18