Author Topic: YouTube Channel 'Preach the Word' - Good Evangelism?  (Read 2356 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
YouTube Channel 'Preach the Word' - Good Evangelism?
« on: July 15, 2020, 01:31:08 PM »
I'm not sure about this yet because I have only seen a few videos they have done, but I think I might have found another evangelism group that is teaching what is right. I came upon them while studying for another subject. As far as I understand, they do teach repentance, and they teach godly sorrow. This group is traveling to a lot of places to street preach, and so far, they seem solid, but have very few subscribers (which sounds about right if they are teaching repentance and remission of sins). I could be wrong about something, or I might have missed something that they are doing wrong, but if any of you want to check them out more thoroughly, you can let me know if I missed anything.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MasaoGonthier/videos

It's possible I might have stumbled upon a rare gem because there are very few teaching what is right in street evangelism nowadays.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: YouTube Channel 'Preach the Word' - Good Evangelism?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »
It looks like they may be affiliated with Church of Wells. Church of Wells has some serious problems, but I forget what they are right now. I will need to look into it.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 07:03:32 PM »
Yes, Preach the Word is affiliated with, if not a part of, Church of Wells.

Here is the link from their About page on their YouTube channel: https://www.thechurchofwells.com/

This is a quote from Church of Wells Manifesto page in their Doctrine section of their website:

"If the Christian is not perpetually being saved from their sins, and continuing down the narrow way that leads to life - the way of holiness - then that man should not expect to finally be saved when he stands, at last, before the judgment seat of Christ (Isa. 35:8; Matt. 7:13,14; 10:22; II Pet. 1:10,11)."

This works based salvation is not unlike Catholicism.

Church of Wells is VERY deceptive because they are VERY close to the truth.

Galatians 5:9 KJV  A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

If you were to read through their Doctrine section of their website you would likely agree with the vast majority of it.

A couple of years ago, while preaching in Nashville, I spoke with a couple of guys for quite a while that were part of the Church of Wells. We seemed to be agreeing on everything, however something was wrong because those guys were not out there preaching or evangelizing and there is no other good reason for a Christian to be in The Honky Tonk district on lower Broad. Also, they were playing "the Greek game" in regards to some Bible verses that we were discussing. Finally they told me they were part of the Church of Wells and that their leadership was translating a new version of the Bible.

That tells me all I need to know about Preach the Word.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 07:10:38 PM »
It's possible I might have stumbled upon a rare gem because there are very few teaching what is right in street evangelism nowadays.
Nonetheless, it is possible that they don't teach any of the false doctrines of the Church of Wells while they are preaching on the street.
Perhaps I will listen to some of their videos.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 07:33:06 PM »
It's possible. However, if they are affiliated with them, that is a fancy way of saying they are yoked with them. If they are yoked together with an organization that teaches works doctrine, then I won't be yoked with them. Thanks for your help. If you find out anything else, let me know.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18