Author Topic: Should I stop talking to certain people?  (Read 2382 times)

Kacper98

Should I stop talking to certain people?
« on: July 21, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »
I use a messaging service called Discord for some time, which I talked to many "Christians". Should I depart from them? They tell me repent means to change while in the Bible it says to grief, and sorrow. One had actually given me the argument about the Greek word "Metanoia" which then he sent me a picture from I think a biblical concordance or something similar which I don't trust. Another person is an ESV user, and is leavened, and thinks I am wrong for being against using Plato's works or other unsaved people's works. I just don't know what to do, and many of them say am saved like my pastor, while I had never had any repentance and I want to do things of the world and enjoy them.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Should I stop talking to certain people?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »
Why are you trying to play church? That's my initial question because I was wondering why you joined us. Please do not misunderstand, it was not wrong to join, nor am I saying that we would not converse with you, but I could not figure out anything to say from your initial introduction post, so I was waiting for something like this to give me enough material to help you understand the contradictions you have already proposed in your writing.

I want you to understand that what religion you are a part of, and what church building you attend, and what bible version you use, and whether or not you read lexicons and concordances, and any other aspect of doctrine DOES NOT MATTER if you are not born again in Christ. Your statement in your introduction said:
"I am a false convert, I kept telling myself deep inside that I was not but I can't lie to myself according to the Bible I am one."
and also...
"I also have been having doubts if Jesus is the Christ and been thinking if Judaism may be true."
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1092.msg8860#msg8860

None of those things you are asking about in this thread are going to help you. Until you have been born again in Christ, whether or not you talk with people on a Discord server is not going to matter in the slightest.

This is what matters: Grief and godly sorrow of one's own wrongdoing, which is to understand the depravity and corrupt of oneself through sin, and then in humility, you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission (i.e. forgiveness) of sin, that He died on the cross and shed His blood for our souls, and was resurrected from the dead to sit on the right hand of God the Father to make intercession for us. That is how a man is born again.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
-John 3:6-7

Your statements demonstrate that you do not have faith in Christ. You do not believe in his divine nature as God, and because you do not believe that, it makes it impossible for you to believe that Christ did any of the things He said He did. (And it would make Him a liar because He spoke of His divine nature as God.) Because of that, you are not a Christian, which is why I think you left your belief listed as "Other" on your account.

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
-John 8:43-47

I could understand an atheist joining our forum to have discussions with us, but what I cannot understand is why a churchgoer who is lukewarm, trying to appear to be a Christian on the outside, while inwardly in unbelief, would come here to try and get help to improve his outward appearance. That is nonsensical, and everyone here, I guarantee, cares enough about you to not let you get away with that, and to call you out on the contradictions.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
-Rev 3:15-16

It will not help you to hang around Christians to give yourself an outward "Christian" appearance. It does no good at all to speak well of Jesus with the mouth, but have the heart far from Him.

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
-Mat 15:8

Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
-John 10:25-30

If you do not want to believe Jesus Christ, that is your decision, and there is nothing any of us can do to change that. However, we are not going to treat you as brethren because, without Christ, you are counted among the pagans and other unbelievers, and therefore, we will preach to you the proper message of Christ that you might be saved, not answer specific questions about what types of people you should or should not be hanging out with because, if you believe those people are corrupt, then you are counted among them, which means separating yourself from them would be pointless.

God has already declared who He saves and draws close to:

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-9
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Kacper98

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 07:16:58 AM »
Making myself less sinful will do nothing for me you are right, I am sorry for thinking that my actions will make me better, while my heart is wicked.

Matthew 23:26 "Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also."

I joined because I wanted to learn how to be saved, which I learned how to but my heart is wicked and not in repentance and I know I can't get repentance myself. If that was what I had to do then it would be works which are worthless in sight of the Lord.

Isaiah 64:6 "“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.”

I want to believe in Jesus, but I do not know if God will give me repentance, I am scared if that I won't have it.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 10:08:33 AM »
In this instance, your lack of faith is what is blocking you.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
-Rev 3:20

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
-James 1:5-8

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
-Romans 10:14-17

There is nothing more any of us can do, and the reason I say that is because, if you have already heard my teachings, then you have already heard the word preached unto you, and yet, you have not believed. That is a decision you have made, by your own will, and you have not explained to anyone here why you have made that decision.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »
I too noticed it says "other" under belief on your profile. I agree with Christopher, it must be your decision to believe in Christ and His sacrifice for our sins. As he points out, the Bible says the way to strengthen your faith is by hearing the Word of God. It sounds like you already acknowledge the sinful and fallen nature of your flesh and your need for a Savior. Keep praying God gives you repentance. Keep studying Scripture, and figure out what is holding you back, as only you can make the decision to follow Christ.

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
- Mark 1:14-15

Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away. And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away! Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
- Matthew 21:18-22

bluebird724

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 09:49:43 PM »
I want to believe in Jesus, but I do not know if God will give me repentance, I am scared if that I won't have it.

Have you read the passage about Jesus and the prisoners that were crucified with him?

"And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou are in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man that done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today thou shalt thou be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:39-43)

At a brief, but critical moment, that prisoner believed that Jesus was God and he was saved. If God forgave this prisoner, why would he not forgive you?

I agree with Christopher and Laura. This comes down to faith, scripture and your choice to follow Jesus.

Kacper98

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 09:15:31 AM »
I can see its about faith, I have been thinking if I sinned less that I will become better or saved or look good to God while that can never happen because I am wicked in my heart, and have pride that I can save myself but I should know I can't.

John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

I will be praying, and reading.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 01:44:44 PM »
It sounds like you are stumbling over the false doctrine you were likely taught by the Catholic Church, that you can be saved by your own doing, by your own works. But that is not what Scripture tells us.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- James 2:8-9

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 06:30:48 AM »
- James Ephesians 2:8-9

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 09:07:53 AM »
Thanks for the correction, Jeanne.