Author Topic: Church building music  (Read 2226 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Church building music
« on: July 23, 2020, 11:11:26 PM »
As I am listening to Chris's teaching "Video Games: Causing Witchcraft to Prosper", he said:

The Gnostics believe that Christ of the Bible is a culmination of the ten Sephiroth, and that whoever "self-realizes" the ten Sephiroth will receive the light of their false christ:
"Whosoever Self-realizes the ten Sephiroth will shine in the world of the Light with ineffable Christic splendors. When the Ancient of Days reaches the realization of the ten Sephiroth in himself, these Sephiroth shine in the world of Light as precious gems, as resplendent stones within the body of the Ancient of Days."
-Samuel A. Weor, "What are Sephiroth?" Gnostic Teachings

When I heard this it reminded me of the song called "Ancient of Days" that we used to sing quite frequently at the church building that I attended for years.

Here is a link to the lyrics:
https://genius.com/Ron-kenoly-ancient-of-days-lyrics

The only place in Scripture that this phrase appears, as near as I can tell, is in the book of Daniel chapter 7:9, 13, 22. It is referring to Jesus Christ coming back with the saints to judge the Earth, if I'm understanding this prophecy correctly.

The problem is that this song is ambiguous enough that not only a Christian could sing the song, with Daniel chapter 7 in mind, but a gnostic could also sing the same song worshiping their false god, even the Antichrist. The lyrics say nothing specifically about the name of Jesus Christ returning to the Earth and nothing about judgment.

What's my point?
It is no wonder why so many unbelievers, idolaters and heretics fit right in at these lukewarm church buildings.
Also, I praise the Lord that he has opened my eyes and lead me out of that mess.

I think of stuff like this on a regular basis, but this time I felt I needed to share.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Church building music
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 09:19:47 AM »
I am in the process of re-writing my teaching on Christian rock into a full-length book on Christian music in general, which is going to expose the entire industry for the corrupt, ecumenical greed it really stands on.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

bluebird724

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 12:58:13 AM »
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Sephiroth
I apologize if I am a little off-topic, but I noticed the word "Sephiroth", which reminds me of a character that shares the same name from Final Fantasy VII, a popular, role-playing video game that was released in the 90s.  I played this video game series in my grade school and high school days. The experience was fun and the stories were quite solid and very emotional, but when I became a Christian, I gained awareness of the practice of witchcraft that was abundantly evident in the games, and due to this, quit playing them all-together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Jt-GG1PFA
This is a short clip of the Final Fantasy VII remake that was released recently. Upon watching it, you will find many examples of witchcraft being used in the game (e.g. magic, spells, etc).

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 07:13:27 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Jt-GG1PFA
This is a short clip of the Final Fantasy VII remake that was released recently. Upon watching it, you will find many examples of witchcraft being used in the game (e.g. magic, spells, etc).
Yup, that is part of what Chris was teaching in:
https://www.creationliberty.com/articles/videogames.php
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 10:37:59 AM »
"A LITTLE off-topic?" I'm trying to figure out how that had anything whatsoever to do with Kenneth's original post.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

bluebird724

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 05:02:19 PM »
"A LITTLE off-topic?" I'm trying to figure out how that had anything whatsoever to do with Kenneth's original post.

The topic is about church music, however, Kenneth mentioned about your article, "Video Games: Causing Witchcraft to Prosper" and about "Sephiroth". These reminded me of my experience with the Final Fantasy video game series and I just wanted to put it out there as a supportive side note or reference for your article.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 05:57:16 PM »
Oh! What is wrong with me? I'm sorry. I don't typically like to read my own quotes, so I ignored that part when I read his post, and because I didn't read the quote at the top of his post, I made spoke like an idiot. Lesson learned.