Author Topic: Practicing His Word  (Read 2589 times)

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
  • Belief: Christian
Practicing His Word
« on: September 19, 2020, 09:09:14 AM »
I tend to recite God's word in my head and have messages in my mind/heart that I say inside to prepare myself for battle. Because with this message that is inside me I know folks will hate me and it is wanting to burst out. Is it ok to practice my message in my mind to be rrady? I thought it was good to do but just want to make sure. Any thoughts on this matter?
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Practicing His Word
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 11:23:49 AM »
I am unsure of what what you mean, so I could not comment unless you were more specific.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 04:33:25 PM »
Sometimes I will lie in bed at night in the quiet with His scriptures running through my mind and think about how I would approach folks with God's word. Almost like an encouragement ..Is this wrong? Thinking what I will say before I encounter folks.  The things I say inside are things that pertain to salvation mainly. I know sometimes things will take me by suprise. But I was wondering if anyone else has done this or if they think it is silly?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 04:41:02 PM by heathertaylor »
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 04:45:04 PM »
1 Peter 3:15But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

I think this is right. We should be ready with scripture. Sometimes though when you get in the moment, the Holy Spirit may help you come up with a better answer than you can plan for.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 05:16:13 PM »
If such a thing were wrong, then it would be wrong to read or listen to any my teachings, and then it would likewise be wrong to read many of Paul's teachings in Scripture because he often poses questions in Scripture, such as "What then?" or "What shall we say?" in which he arguing a point of opposition, meaning that he is posing questions that might come from someone arguing against him, and therefore, training up others to prepare themselves for conversations.

Short answer: I do it all the time.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 10:00:16 PM »
Thank you guys  :. Much appreciated