Author Topic: Hi, I'm Jesse From The Greater Chicago Area  (Read 3476 times)

Pilgrim

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jesse
  • Belief: Other
Hi, I'm Jesse From The Greater Chicago Area
« on: September 28, 2020, 09:18:49 AM »
Hi, I'm Jesse. I have read the Bible since the 1980's and had known that the scriptures are true,  yet lived my life in the flesh for my own pleasure and chasing money for years,  until one fateful day in 1998, when I realized that the implications of the scriptures being true were that I shall be judged for my sins and without going into the details of my entire life, I knew that my sins had separated me from the Lord.  Godly sorrow over my guiltiness and lack of consideration for the Lord,  others or my offenses,  had filled my heart with great sorrow and mourning.  I knew that we are living in a time that never had been, in the history of the world and that there's coming a time when Jesus will say to many "Depart from me,  I never knew you." I didn't know Him and I was certain that He was going to say those words to me,  if I was to die at that time.  So, I set my heart to seek Him in truth.  I didn't want to see His hands.  I wanted to seek to know Him.  My sins came before my remembrance as did my guiltiness.  A scripture verse also came into my mind "If we confess our sins,  He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  I confessed my sins with great sorrow over then and in shame,  begged for mercy.  I thought that I would need to confess every sin and was overwhelmed at that prospect,  because I realized that I couldn't even remember the sins that I had committed , just in the last week, let alone my entire life.  Then the cross of Jesus Christ (not the symbol,  but the event) came into my mind.  I remember hearing that Jesus Christ gave His life and His blood for the forgiveness of sins and that gave me a glimmer of hope and I asked the Father if it were possible,  to forgive me all of my sins,  though I couldn't name each one, specifically.  I was so ashamed that I had sinned so much, without regard.  In that moment, through faith in Jesus Christ,  my soul was laid bare before the Lord and I could feel a cleansing that I didn't expect or deserve.  The darkness within me was swept away by the blood of Jesus Christ,  the Lord! His Holy Spirit came into my body and I immediately knew that this is the Lord that filled my mind,  heart and soul. I had been born again, being made a new creature in Christ Jesus! I had never remembered ever learning that God makes His habitation within man,  yet here He is, in me and, for the first time in my life,  I knew that the Lord would speak to me, by His Spirit,  in His word.  I opened up the scriptures and as I read aloud from the pages,, His Spirit spake unto me, revealing the things of my heart and giving me hope through the faith that I have entered into.  I immediately sought out others that I knew were in the faith, for fellowship and found myself attending a congregation of members of a US-26-501(c)3 organization.  I had no idea that it was a business.  I was naive to many things,  yet the Lord began to reveal many things to me that were against His words that they practiced.  It wasn't very long before I found myself in direct opposition with the leadership and the traditions of the "church." The Lord took me through a course of education in God's words and in the world,  learning the truth about many things and standing upon what He has said.  In my discovery of the deceptions in the institutions of men,  I have found articles on this platform that are in harmony with what I had learned and I have oftentimes shared articles from here with others,  to gain knowledge of various topics, as some of the articles are much more exhaustive and comprehensive than I've seen in any one place.  I used to identify myself as "a Christian," but many years ago I began to discern something wrong with that particular word.  It only appears in the scriptures three times and every single time it is attributed to the saints by the heathen and not only do the saints not label themselves "Christians," in the Bible,  but the Lord, Himself does not identify His saints as "Christians." He has many words that He identifies His people with; "Christian " is not one of them.  Therfore I put "other" under religion,  rather than "born again Christian." I have been born of the  Holy Spirit of Christ and am a believer in His words.  If any man seems to be contentious against my decision to not use that term to identify myself with,  I would stand in full assurance that I can explain further in the etymology of the word,  the history and the attribution of that identification,  as to reason, rightly about it.  I've also noted that this forum allows people of other religions to sign up,  sick as Buddhist,  Hindu,  Muslim, Atheist,  etc, so I will say that this shouldn't be a problem that I chose to not use the word "Christian" when identifying my faith.  "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Timothy 3:16

I hope to be welcomed in this digital community that I might have the opportunity to enter into meaningful discussions of various topics of importance and relevance unto the faith,  that we all may be edified in the truth and escape the snares of the devil,  by addressing opposing beliefs and worldviews within ourselves.  2 Timothy 2:24-26

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hi, I'm Jesse From The Greater Chicago Area
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 10:33:26 AM »
I used to identify myself as "a Christian," but many years ago I began to discern something wrong with that particular word.  It only appears in the scriptures three times and every single time it is attributed to the saints by the heathen and not only do the saints not label themselves "Christians," in the Bible,  but the Lord, Himself does not identify His saints as "Christians." He has many words that He identifies His people with; "Christian " is not one of them.  Therfore I put "other" under religion,  rather than "born again Christian." I have been born of the  Holy Spirit of Christ and am a believer in His words.  If any man seems to be contentious against my decision to not use that term to identify myself with,  I would stand in full assurance that I can explain further in the etymology of the word,  the history and the attribution of that identification,  as to reason, rightly about it.  I've also noted that this forum allows people of other religions to sign up,  sick as Buddhist,  Hindu,  Muslim, Atheist,  etc, so I will say that this shouldn't be a problem that I chose to not use the word "Christian" when identifying my faith. 
Okay, so your selection of the term "Other" on your profile was purposeful. That's answers my question on that.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Timothy 3:16
I'm glad you posted that Scripture because that will preface my response perfectly. I need to write an article on that very topic because, every few months or so, we have someone come here who claims they have rejected the term 'Christian' for Biblical reasons, and it is always for the same reasons. I also rejected the term for about a year, until I understood that I was being led astray by Hebrew-roots cultists.

I do not care about your ability to explain etymologies when the Bible gives us other details. For example, when Paul was in court giving the Gospel of Jesus to King Agrippa:
Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
-Acts 26:28

If you continue to read the chapter, Paul never corrects him, but actually encourages him, and everyone else listening in the court, to become a Christian:
And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
-Acts 26:29

He said, "such as I am," in that, he was in agreement with Agrippa about being a Christian. This is because the disciples of Christ were first called Christians in Antioch, the base of operations for the early church:
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
-Acts 11:26

And therefore, Peter (whose words here are spoken by the Holy Spirit, not by etymology dictionaries) said that we should not be ashamed of suffering as a Christian:
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
-1 Peter 4:16

And yet, you are showing shame and throwing off the name, likely because of other false religious entities who call themselves such in hypocrisy. It does not matter what we would have ended up being called. The Bible could have called us "Zigaligapuffs" and all false religious cults would end up calling themselves Zigaligapuffs to deceive others. There are false teachers who claims to be disciples of Christ, apostles, pastors, the church, and many other terms that are used in Scripture, but that does not mean we stop using those terms as an outward symbol of sanctification; rather, we take the opportunity to show the true Christians from the false ones, and Christ has allowed this to happen for His purpose:
He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
-Mat 13:28-30

Running away from what we are called in Scripture does not serve any useful purpose, and this is coming from a Christian who did that for a short time.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 08:33:08 PM »
I used to identify myself as "a Christian," but many years ago I began to discern something wrong with that particular word.  It only appears in the scriptures three times and every single time it is attributed to the saints by the heathen and not only do the saints not label themselves "Christians," in the Bible,  but the Lord, Himself does not identify His saints as "Christians." He has many words that He identifies His people with; "Christian " is not one of them.

When I read what you said here I looked it up and found that 1 Peter 4:16 contradicts what you said. Chris already quoted it, but I'll quote it again.

Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
-1 Peter 4:16

Peter is very clearly saying that they identify as "Christian" so I didn't understand why you said what you did.

I never got to a point where I didn't consider myself a Christian, although I did think about it at one time. I never did because I didn't know what to call myself instead of that. I had more of a problem with identifying as a Baptist than a Christian (I never really considered myself a Baptist for that matter).

When I told people that I was a Christian they would usually ask me "What kind?" All I could tell them early on was that I was a born again Christian and over time I learned about the false doctrines of all the "different kinds of Christians", so I began to tell them why I wasn't a Baptist or Pentecostal etc.

To support what Chris has already said, it is better to explain to people the difference of the false doctrines of denominations instead of casting out the term "Christian" altogether. That is the only way to show them who is actually sanctified and who is of the world. Calling yourself something different will only make people to falsely identify themselves as that. It won't make a difference.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 08:40:26 PM by Timothy »

Pilgrim

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 10:44:08 PM »
I read the requirements for signing up and took the time to ensure that I properly introduced myself,  as per the forum rules.  This is the way in which you "welcome" a born again believer in the only true Lord Jesus Christ,  who has taken the time to not only share my life changing testimony of how I found mercy and grace through Him,  but also an heir to the promise and have sanctified myself of many of the ways of the world and of the ways of the institutions that blaspheme the name of God.

I thought it necessary to at least give a very short version of explanation as to why I chose "other." There was no option to identify myself AS THE LORD GOD IDENTIFIES HIS "SAINTS"...I.E. CHILD, ELECT,  PEOPLE, CHURCH, BODY OF CHRIST,  BRETHREN, FELLOW LABORER, SERVANTS , MINISTER OF THE GOSPEL, SONS OF GOD,, BRIDE,  AND MANY, MANY OTHER GRAND IDENTIFICATIONS THAT THE LORD HAS BESTOWED UPON THOSE OF US WHO HAVE HIS SPIRIT IN US.   "CHRISTIAN" IS NOT ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!!

JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR,  ALL THREE PLACES IN THE ENTIRE BIBLE, THAT THE WORD "CHRISTIAN" APPEARS,  IS ATTRIBUTED TO THEM BY THE HEATHEN. 

Christopher,  you said a lot when you said "I don't care..."

I can see that.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 12:09:33 AM »
Proverbs 16:32 - He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

James 1:19 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Ecclesiastes 7:9 - Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

Jesse, there is no reason to get so angry about this. This is something we have seen several times before and I can not remember any of those we addressed about this getting so easily angered over it. This isn't becoming of a repentant man at all. I'm seeing a lot of pride over a simple correction. We point out the errors when we see it, not only for you (or any other person that needs the correction) but for any person that may be led astray by your statements. Either of us saying "Welome!" would not have made a difference. You still would have been angry over the correction and it's something we don't want to ignore and potentially cause others to believe and teach that error.

You made a very clear statement (and you repeated it too) that believers were called Christians by only heathens. We both simply showed you how that is not true. If you don't want to see what's clearly there, nobody here can make you. And if this is an example of what you will bring to the forum, then this isn't the place for you.

Pilgrim

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 12:13:44 AM »
Context is everything. 

Speaking of the last days, Jesus said "take heed unto yourselves that ye be not deceived, for many shall come in my name saying ""I am Christ "" and shall deceive many."

The word "Christian" in the Greek is "christianos" having two root words "Christos" meaning "anointed one" and "ianos" meaning (Greek) Janus Proper (Roman god) Descendants Greek: (Ianos). L

In its etymology, the word means anointed descendants of Janus or little anointed one. It was the title that the heathens gave to the saints. It was a mockery.

Nowhere in scripture do we see any saints declaring themselves to be "Christians." Nor does the Lord identify His people as "Christians."

When someone says "I am Christian" they are literally saying "I am Christ"

GOD uses these terms to identify his saints: "Elect" 27 Xs, Saints 95 Xs, Servants >200 Xs brethren & brother >50 Xs. Beloved 56Xs, Friend 11Xs, Christian??? Zer0. Not once.

Pilgrim

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 12:22:00 AM »
You want to strive about words.  And for some reason,  you Assumed that I was angry or something. I was put off by your quick unrighteous judgements assumptions and false statements. You judge me according to what you have judged others in the past of.  That is the definition of unrighteous judgment. 

I HAVE CHOSEN TO LABEL MYSELF AS GOD HAS CALLED ME...A SAINT.  IF I SUFFER AS A "CHRISTIAN," THEN I SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED AT THE REPROACH THAT THE HEATHEN WOULD GIVE ME BY CALLING ME A NAME THAT GOD DOES NOT CALL ME.

I SPENT A LITTLE TO TIME LOOKING AT HOW THIS PARTICULAR CULT OF PEOPLE ATTACK,  CRITICIZE,  DEMEAN,  BERATE AND CONDESCEND OTHERS THAT DON'T FOLLOW CHRISTOPHER JOHNSON'S TEACHINGS EVEN WHEN THEY ARE FALSE. IF YOU THINK THAT CHRISTOPHER IS ABOVE CORRECTION,  THEN YOU ARE IN A CULT

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 12:30:54 AM »
I judged based on what you are clearly showing us. You put your faith in study of the Greek or etymology rather than the Bible and you get easily angered by simple corrections. Typing in all caps is 99% of the time a sign of a very angered person. That's a very easy conclusion to come to here on the internet. That along with the fact that you are quick to call everyone here part of a cult over such a small issue. What else can I say?

All I can think of is posting a link to one of the articles about Greek lexicons, but I'm not convinced you are willing to read it.

http://creationliberty.com/articles/lexicon.php
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:40:22 AM by Timothy »

Pilgrim

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 12:47:36 AM »
You should have others from outside of your group read how new comers that have their own conviction here are treated.  It's disgusting and definitely shows lack of maturity and understanding.   The words of God in English clearly show that God does not label His saints as Christians. The heathen do.  I have chosen to not label myself that.  I was not telling you that you shouldn't. Your attempt at correcting me is wresting the words of God and applying it to try to justify walking in the ways of the mainstream. I guess it must have got a nerve,  because instead of welcoming a born again believer in the one true Jesus Christ,  you criticize,  falsely attempt to correct without knowledge,  assume and come to false conclusions and show yourselves to be reprobate concerning the faith and void of the Spirit of Christ

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 12:58:06 AM »
Jesse, so far you have accused everyone here of a lot of things including being part of a cult, attacking people, unrighteous judgment, criticizing, demeaning and condescending, wresting God's Word, and reprobate. This is against the rules of the forum because that is very disrespectful (See Rule #01. https://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=194.msg1092#msg1092). I've tried being patient with you but it's clear to me that it's not going to work. This isn't the right place for you so I'm asking you to depart in peace or I'll have to kick you.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 01:11:15 AM »
Jesse, thank you for your forthcoming manner. I expected that would be your response, and it does help me be able to discern the matter more easily, so I always appreciate it when men like yourself are more open with their real attitude and words, instead of standing on pretense.
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18

Your introduction post was rather odd, and I figured this would be your attitude before I responded to you, but I decided to be patient and wait to see what you would do first. It is obvious that you did not come here to learn and fellowship, but rather, you came to debate and tell everyone what you want them to believe. Again, I could see this in your first post. Therefore, I have no interest in responding to you further (because it would be endless debate with a hypocrite), but I will address everyone else so they can understand why your introduction was so strange.

If you all look at Jesse's post as a whole, you will notice that half of his introduction post is arguing about the term 'Christian'. As soon as I saw this, I knew this man had no intention to fellowship with us, and I figured he would likely leave upset. If you look at other introductions written by those who have been born again in Christ, they have come forward to tell us a lot about themselves and what Christ has done for them because they are excited to share those things, but with Jesse, it was very... hmm... the only way I know how to describe it is "cookie-cutter," meaning that he was just going through the motions of a "testimony" rather than giving an actual testimony.

Go read these two introductions, and the subsequent posts made in them, and then compare it to Jesse's thread, and you should see clearly what I mean:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1137.msg9189#msg9189
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1140.msg9225#msg9225

In the first half of his post, it was like he was making a lot of effort to say all the keywords and phrases that he thought we would expect from a Christian in order to be accepted as brethren. In other words, he was so focused on "saying the right thing," and just giving his testimony of what Christ had done for him. So much of what he wrote was just repeating what I had said in some of my teachings, almost as if he was just now learning these things, even though he claimed to have been saved and understood them 22 years ago (i.e. 4 years longer than I have been saved). He gave absolutely NO personal details whatsoever, which was very odd.

Furthermore, there were certain phrases he used that did not make sense. For example:
"So, I set my heart to seek Him in truth. I didn't want to see His hands. I wanted to seek to know Him."
I suspect that, without him explaining what that means, there is likely no one here who understands what he was trying to say by that. If any of you read that and understood it before you read my post here, let me know.

Other things Jesse said put me on guard. For example:
"In my discovery of the deceptions in the institutions of men, I have found articles on this platform that are in harmony with what I had learned"
Essentially, it is not that Jesse is looking to Scripture to see what is in accord with the Word of God, but rather, he is comparing what I write to "what he had already learned," like his thoughts and opinions, before accepting what I write. Therefore, his words tend to show that he holds the opinions of his own mind in higher regard than Scripture.

Then, the rest of his post was arguing that Christians should not be called Christians, while hypocritically quoting 2 Timothy 3:16, to make everyone think that he gives honor to God's Word. His argument came from etymology, not from Scripture, however, when being addressed on the Scripture, rationally and respectfully, he lashed out, which is exactly what I expected him to do.

Instead of responding with Scripture, he responds in an all-caps rage. Part of the reason I suspected he might do this is because this is very common with those who are part of "conspiracy ministries," and you will notice that he did not depart from his church building for doctrinal reasons, separating himself from the leaven, but rather, he departed because of things like 501c3, which shows me that he is likely more political in nature than looking to Scripture. I was unsure about that at first, but his responses provided some evidence of that.

Even the way he wrote "US-26-501(c)3" was odd because no one has ever come to this forum (or any email I have received) talking about 501c3, and wrote out "US-26-501(c)3" in that way. They just say "501c3." It was as if Jesse was trying to be overly official in some way to appear more intellectual? I'm not sure about that either, but there were tons of little things like that which did not seem... normal. I don't know how else to describe it, except... odd.

Without knowing more about Jesse personally, I don't think I could conclude a whole lot. All I know is that, based on his email address on his account, he goes by the username "jesseathleanx," and "Athlean" seems to be a body building workout series/products. At this point, he likely won't reveal anymore about himself because he does not want anyone to know, which is why he did not provide hardly any details in his original post.

Concerning his responses to Tim, he claims that all three times in the Bible, the word 'Christian' is "attributed to them by the heathen," and in order to believe that, Jesse would have to believe that Peter was a heathen. So either his statement is wrong, or Peter was nothing more than a pagan, which would make Peter's letters in the Bible a lie.

Jesse expressed his offense against me by saying, "This is the way in which you 'welcome' a born again believer," but first of all, based on his attitude, I have no idea if he was born again or not because he gave a long list of impersonal, cookie-cutter sentences about coming to repentance, and yet, he has not yet expressed any such thing in his writing; all the evidence of his words is pointing in the opposite direction, showing wrath and strife, rather than meekness and temperance:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
-Galatians 5:19-24

But worse still is that he is accusing me of "welcoming" him in the wrong way, when Jesse was the one who bought up the topic. He wants to shift the focus of everyone's attention on to my response, that he can take everyone's focus away from the fact that he chose to write his introduction on that topic; thus, I simply responded to what Jesse decided to write about.

While I was typing all this out, there has been contention that Jesse has been aiming at Tim, and also, everyone else on the forum, in which Jesse has already begun to accuse all of you of being in a religious cult. However, that is unsurprising because we have seen this many times before (just as Christ and His disciples were accused of the same thing from those who claimed to be believers), and I already see the pattern where we are probably going to have to ban Jesse because he is already breaking forum rules and he has barely been here for a day.

The hypocrisy was the thing that a little shocking, and I will give you all an example. If you read my post, you will notice that I said:
"I do not care about your ability to explain etymologies when the Bible gives us other details."
Anyone can see, in the context of what I said, I had no concern about what a man claims he can say about definitions of words when the Bible tells us something and defines what it means.

Though my meaning was obvious to any reader, and I spelled it out clearly, Jesse attempted to cherry pick four words I said out of its context and apply another meaning:
"Christopher,  you said a lot when you said 'I don't care...' I can see that."
What he was implying (very heavily) is that I do not care about what he says, nor do I care about correction and instruction, which is why he accused you all of being in a religious cult. However, when Tim brought up the problems with what Jesse was saying (which correlates with what I am writing here), Jesse responds:
"Context is everything."

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
-Jms 1:8

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
-Jms 4:8

Well, context was NOT everything to Jesse when he started to falsely accuse me. Context was NOT everything to Jesse when we quoted Scripture to him. However, suddenly context becomes important when Jesse wants to justify his sinful attitude and words, having no fear of God that he will be held accountable for everything he says.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36

So as we can see, after just a few posts, the hypocrisy and arrogance out of Jesse is profound, and he can go give his cookie-cutter, so-called "testimony" to as many people that will believe him if he wants, but I did not believe him from his first post, and I noticed that a lot of people here stayed very quiet, which usually only happens when they are discerning something is wrong as well.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 05:48:20 AM »
I also found Jesse's use of the phrase 'I didn't want to see his hands' odd. The only thing I could think of at the time was that it might be a reference to John 20:

John 20:24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Though what that has to do with anything else is beyond me.

Once I read his first response, Proverbs 15:10 immediately came to mind:

Proverbs 15:10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way:
    and he that hateth reproof shall die.

Pilgrim

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 09:21:58 AM »
I looked at a few of the introductions here before I wrote mine.  I noticed that new members were only welcomed if they shared their testimony of repentance and faith,  which wouldn't be something that a Hindu or Muslim or Buddhist,  or Atheist could offer,  which is among the options for the faith portion of the profile here.  I should've spent more time reading other intros, as I would have noticed earlier how new members have been immediately assailed if they bring anything to the table that goes against what the Johnsonites have fully set their hearts to believe.

Christopher lied again, when he said half of my intro was about the word Christian.  Maybe it seemed like that,  because his focus is to defend his own belief,  instead of being willing to learn anything from someone else.
 In my intro,  less than 20% of my original post was explaining why I put "other" religion. Less than 20%! Not "half" Count the words, if you think Christopher is not a liar. If he was a man of truth, integrity and of God,  he would repent and own his own evil.  From what I've seen,  that is not likely.  I see stiff necks and hard hearts. 
From what I've seen, looking at many of his responses to myself and others,  he is carnal, prideful, and full of strife and debate.  Seeking to tear down and not to establish a bond of faith and of unity in Christ Jesus. He is looking at the scriptures with the understanding of man, which only leads to contradictions and error.

Most of my introduction was my testimony of how I became born again and how the Lord delivered me from evil.  I spake of discovering the truth of things and coming out of deception,  which is a theme that I found to be refreshing in some of the articles that I found on CLE.
Instead of welcoming me and asking questions,  It looks more like how a pack of wolves surround their prey and attack. Christopher's initial reply was written with false assumptions, and unrighteous judgments, attempting to judge my intent and my influences without knowing me or aaking any qualifying questions. Instead of welcoming a new member and asking questions, he replied with the one thing that he disagrees with,  which was the minor theme of my introduction. 

Christopher uses his articles as bait to those that have discovered the truth about some things and lures ppl in to this digital/virtual community then judges all new members based upon his own dim understanding of matters of the faith,  to see if there will be a proselyte to be found and if anyone disagrees with his highness or presents information that might show that he's not God and that he is a man that isn't always right,  that person is quickly attacked, dismissed and ultimately unwelcome. 

This should be interesting

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2020, 10:25:51 AM »
So in his latest response, what you will probably notice about Jesse's words is that he is not responding to anything. He is not answering anything. He does not respond to Scriptures either. He simply goes on the attack, and that's the contention I was talking about when I mentioned his emulations, wrath, and strife, but it's interesting that he did realize that I made a good point with the Scriptures on that, which is why you will notice that he backed off of his all-caps rage, and tried to lower the tone of his rage response to stand on pretense and try to give everyone another impression, even though his words still drip of venom.

I find it amazing that he wants to be here, even though he has already accused everyone here of being in a religious cult. If what we say and do here is wrong, then he should use the Scripture to rebuke us and then sanctify himself from the leaven, but that's not what he's doing. At the very least, he put 'Other' as his religious belief because that is accurate; I do not believe he is brethren at this point because I do not see any evidence for it, and his vicious responses reflect the dry introduction post he wrote that seemed to be him following a formula to appease an audience rather giving his own testimony of repentance and faith.

Jesse will continue to act this way, attempting to be more deceptive with each post as he chooses where he will attack on the forum, and we will end up having to ban him. In fact, I am a little surprised Tim has not done it already, but that might just because he's busy at work right now.

Pilgrim

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
Instead of repenting for your lies and libel,  you are condescending,  exalting yourself in your own high road. 

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 02:46:43 PM »
If he is the person he claimed to be when he signed up, I found a few social media accounts. I couldn't find anything that indicated someone having the testimony of Jesus Christ. If it is the same person, it makes sense as to why he is hung up on calling himself a Christian. Why be ashamed for the hope that is within us?

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »
Oh, Tim did end up banning him. I did not notice until I checked Jesse's profile this morning. I agree with Tim on that because that guy was going to do nothing but cause trouble after this point. I do not believe any of Jesse's testimony about repentance, and I think what he did was simply repeat what he thought needed to be said for him to be accepted.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 04:23:15 PM »
I was going to do it as soon as I saw your last post the other day, but it had already been done. The banner wasn't showing, though.