Author Topic: Docu Series: Wide is the Gate: Part One: Fundamental Evangelicalism  (Read 2192 times)

Marthina

https://subspla.sh/fzs2ygs

Not sure if this link will work.  This is from The BereanCall website.  They have this documentary series, now available for free till 26 Feb, if anyone is interested. 

TOPICS DISCUSSED:

History of EVANGELICALISM
THE SOCIAL GOSPEL embraced by Evangelicals & Youth Outreach
PROGRESSIVE CHRISTIANITY merges with LEFT POLITICS
ENVIRONMENTALISM, GLOBAL WARMING & MOTHER EARTH
KINGDOM NOW - DOMINIONISM in Mainline Christianity
ECUMENICAL MOVEMENT - Roman Catholic and Protestant denominations unite
ROMAN CATHOLICISM
CHRISLAM - Christianity and Islam work together
CONTEMPLATIVE SPIRITUALITY - MYSTICISM CHRISTIANIZED
AUGUSTIANISM REVIVED
EMERGENT MOVEMENT - What is it? Where is it taking Evangelicalism?
REPLACEMENT of Israel as Church THEOLOGY
END TIMES PROPHECY
LAST DAYS SPIRITUAL SEDUCTION
OUR HOPE IN CHRIST’S RETURN

You need to download their app to watch the full series.   

https://apps.apple.com/za/app/the-berean-call/id966760871

If the moderators find this appropriate and approve, I would like to read your comments on this. 

Have a blessed weekend!

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Docu Series: Wide is the Gate: Part One: Fundamental Evangelicalism
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 01:58:22 AM »
I started watching some of this and while there is some good info about what is happening in modern day 'churchianity' (and yes, I was surprised to hear them actually use that term), these people have some false doctrine, as well. For instance, they still believe in a pre-trib rapture. I was unable to determine whether this is a 501(c)(3) organisation or not, but I would be willing to bet that they are.

I didn't have to download any app to watch the videos, but I'm not on a mobile device, either. I was able to just watch it on the site from my laptop.

theAXEisLAID

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 11
    • View Profile
  • First Name: David
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 07:36:27 PM »
Hello Marthina - I wanted to share something from the link you provided at the top of your post.  It took me to the Fundamental Evangelicalism teaching video from The Berean Call.

At the 40:15 mark of the video the lady speaking declares, "The Gospel of Salvation - where we repent of our sins and accept Jesus into our heart."  To me the phrase, accepting Jesus into your heart, is the very epitome of the churchanity lingo that has been harmful to many.  I too think some good info could be found but I am skeptical because I think some confusion would be found also.

I did not dig deep into the videos, I only skimmed through a few and do not like their use of a new age bible version as well.
David
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Matthew 3:10 KJV

Marthina

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 09:08:11 AM »
Thank you for you feed back!   It was interesting to learn a bit about the background and how Evangelicalism has grown and 'evolved'.   But the overuse of symbolism was to much for me.   

I also want to admit that I don't have the desire anymore to delf into these type of topics to much.  The Lord has 'opend' my eyes to His Word and that is all I want to 'drink' from for now.   I limit my time spend on reading and following other outlets and keep to the daily Bible reading and studying.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 12:21:27 PM »
I was unable to determine whether this is a 501(c)(3) organisation or not, but I would be willing to bet that they are.

Three or four months ago, I actually looked up some of my bookmarked Christian sites on the IRS site to see if any of them were 501(c)(3) organisations (quite a few turned out to be so), and discovered that The Berean Call is indeed 501(c)(3). Here is the proof. (I copied the link at the time.) If I recall rightly, I did this after reading Christopher's article on that topic. So your hunch was quite correct, Jeanne.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)