Author Topic: Worldwide flood  (Read 990 times)

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Micheal
  • Belief: Christian
Worldwide flood
« on: January 02, 2022, 12:47:03 PM »
I don't recall if there were an article about the the flood being world wide which those who believe God's word in its entirety would say it was. I would like to know if anyone has ever thought about the fossilize sea creatures ect on the highest on earth and if it's been discussed. One argument I've heard against a world wide flood is that when the Bible talks about the world it meant just that known area at the time. Has anyone ever heard about that one? Thanks

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: Worldwide flood
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 08:21:43 AM »
I've heard the unbiblical argument that the flood of Noah was just a local flood from "Progressive"creationists, ie evolutionists, like Hugh Ross.

Since the flood covered the whole face of the earth:
Genesis 8:9 KJV — But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
it should be no problem for one to understand why there are fossils on top of  mountains.

There is also a verse in Psalms that talks about how the mountains rose up and the valleys sank down and the waters rushes off after the flood. I can't think of which verse it is right now. That too would help explain how fossils ended up where they did.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 08:57:27 AM »
There is also a verse in Psalms that talks about how the mountains rose up and the valleys sank down and the waters rushes off after the flood. I can't think of which verse it is right now. That too would help explain how fossils ended up where they did.

Are you perhaps thinking of this passage, Kenneth?

Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth. (Psalm 104:5-9)

This is the closest thing that I could find in the Psalms to what you were saying.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 09:06:06 AM »
That's the passage.  :)
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 09:08:19 PM »
I could be wrong but I believe that a lot of the dinosaur fossils that are where they're at now are there as a result of the flood. I believe there's descriptions of dinosaurs in Job like the beheamoth. There's several other places in scripture that talk about them. The article relating to dinosaurs and the Bible has them in there it's also a great article that I highly recommend to be read regarding this subject.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 09:52:45 AM »
This scripture alone should make it obvious to everyone that the flood covered the WHOLE earth:

Genesis 7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. 20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. 21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: 22 all in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

If the flood was only local, there would have been no need for Noah to take two of every kind of animal on board the ark to preserve them. I could be wrong, but I also believe there was only one continent/land mass before the flood, and that it was the seismic/tectonic activity which broke this up into multiple land masses, such as when Genesis describes 'the fountains of the great deep (were) opened up' (Genesis 7:11)

I also believe that the descriptions of behemoth and leviathan in Job are talking about dinosaurs. There are many other pieces of evidence that man co-existed with dinosaurs, both before and after the flood. Ancient peoples called these creatures dragons. The Native American thunderbird could have been based on the pterodactyl.

Chris wrote an article about what he thinks the pre-flood world could have been like, but of course, as with any piece of literature describing that world, it is all conjecture.

http://creationliberty.com/articles/preflood.php

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 08:31:29 PM »
Sorry for replying late. That's a good response as it goes against the atheistic view of the geologic column which is a good thing. I do honestly believe that dinosaurs are talked about in job ( referred to as dragons ) because the word dinosaur came along in the 1840s. If you bring this up while talking to an atheist they'll more than likely attempt to justify themselves by explaining it away to suit their feelings. Proverbs 14:12 speaks of that if I recall correctly.