Author Topic: How to eat a pine tree  (Read 682 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
How to eat a pine tree
« on: January 25, 2022, 08:26:57 AM »
Yes. That title is literal.
Though I'm not a farmer or a forager, I know there are some in this group who are those things. Others, like me, are simply interested at this point.
If being able to find naturally growing food sources or transforming your property into a productive landscape that can feed your family this video looks like a good place to start or to find further education on the subject:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/kFWZF8B6nHKP/
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
Re: How to eat a pine tree
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 02:57:35 PM »
I love the idea of a food forest, when my wife and I moved into to our property several years ago we started buying foraging books for edible and medicinal uses an it turns out there are hundreds and thousands of plants that grow wild out here to eat and use. In the spring and summer we can pretty much live off the land with the help of our garden but then storage becomes an issue in the winter along with less growth. Thanks for posting that video it was pretty cool, also I have gotten a lot of information from plantabundance and edible acres on YouTube if anybody else was interested in this kind of thing
We've been trying to invest in jarring supplies for if or when our local shelves become empty but the stuff is kind of expensive!
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 01:15:25 PM »
Tim and I tried out some pine needle tea thanks to this post! It was pretty good, better than we thought. I don’t mind an extra source of vitamin C found for free all over our backyard!  :D
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Micheal
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 09:53:26 PM »
You can also take pine needles and crush them into a paste and use it in place of vicks vapor rub. I read that in an old pioneer book.