Author Topic: "God in Three Persons," ????  (Read 5842 times)

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -12
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Larry
  • Belief: Christian
"God in Three Persons," ????
« on: October 30, 2019, 01:53:43 PM »
There are some music in the church that is not Biblical. "God in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity" Problem with this statement is the following verse. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
Re: "God in Three Persons," ????
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »
Im not understanding. When you say the church that means you are talking about a specific one. Which one? And can you explain in more detail the point you are trying to make? Im not following what you are trying to say.

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 01:45:32 AM »
I have heard Chris say in referring to the God head ( and this may be an old teaching) the term person. I follow what the Bible says  John 4:23-25 King James Version (KJV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The point I am trying to make is God is not a person.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 05:19:09 AM »
I have heard Chris say in referring to the God head ( and this may be an old teaching) the term person. I follow what the Bible says  John 4:23-25 King James Version (KJV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The point I am trying to make is God is not a person.

However God does have anthropomorphic form even when in Heaven. 

Acts 7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 and said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Who sits down?  People do.  What do they sit on? Their bottoms.
Who stands up from the sitting position?  People do.  What do they stand on?  Legs and feet.
Who has a right hand and a left hand?  People do.
What side of the Father is Jesus seated on?  The right hand side.

Revelation 1 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 and in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 and his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Who typically has vocal cords that create a voice?  People do.
Who has feet?  People do.
Who is normally clothed with a garment?  People are.
Who normally has a head?  People do.
Who has eyes?  People do.
Since God has a voice, it goes without saying really that he also has ears.

Matthew 7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 08:46:52 AM »

Why didnt you just begin with that? You remind me a little of how my dad does. He starts off a conversation as if we had been talking about it a while and refer to specific things that were never mentioned. When you dont clarify anything and explain it, then no one can respond or understand what you are saying. Just keep that in mind in the future.

Even now it wouldnt hurt if you would explain a little more but I can understand enough at least what you are saying.

Where did you get music from? I still do not know what you are talking about here.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:51:11 AM by Timothy »

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 10:18:00 PM »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 10:53:23 PM »
Larry, please read the forum rules.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=156.0
"We ask that no one just post a link to something without any text explaining what the link is and why they are posting it. It just looks like spam otherwise. Again, we are not social media; please write something when you post a link, specifically what it is about, and an explanation of why you're posting it."
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 10:13:41 AM »
Sorry I forgot the explanation This is the words of the hymn I was referring to about "God in Three Persons"  https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/6

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 11:45:48 AM »
"specifically what it is about, and an explanation of why you're posting it"
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 02:45:48 PM »
Larry, are you incapable of having a normal conversation or are you just too lazy to type out exactly what you want to say? Posting a link in response to a direct question is NOT an answer. Neither is quoting a bunch of Bible verses with no explanation. You still have not explained what this hymn has to do with anything, what type of issue you're trying to raise, or what point you're trying to make.

If you take the time to notice, the rest of us here write the way we would talk to someone if we were face to face. Do you not know how to do that or is it that you just can't be bothered? If it's the latter, then you really don't belong here because that is not how any normal person, especially a Christian, attempts to communicate.

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 09:58:20 PM »
OK what I was trying to express is that the song made mention of "God in Three Persons" in the first verse. However John 4:34 says "God is a spirit". So the point I was trying to make is that the song is not correct in light of the Bible. To that end I am done with this thread. :-X

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »
So the point I was trying to make is that the song is not correct in light of the Bible.

Then why did you not provide the link in the original post? I have to quote Tim:
Why didnt you just begin with that?

I'm glad he's gone now because it's just a hassle trying to drag such simple things out of someone in a very basic conversation.