Author Topic: My name is Jackie  (Read 9754 times)

Jackie

Re: My name is Jackie
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 12:17:08 AM »

I'm not fully sure but I think Raymond might have left the forum Jackie.

Thanks, man. I mean, I wasn't expecting a direct answer from him anyways. That's simply because, like, he doesn't have to, you know? It is no skin off my back if he doesn't. :-\ Anyways, yes I agree about doctrines not being discussed in typical church buildings. Breaks my heart that few honestly like that. I mean, I'll admit that sometimes I don't want to do that either. I mean, who wants to find out they're wrong about something? But I also recognize that, hey, it doesn't matter how I feel about something if I'm clearly wrong about whatever that is. It's better to know that I'm wrong than to go about ignorant.

I'm sorry I came across being so negative about you looking for a church to attend, but every single one I have ever experienced has been very leavened. I pray you have the discernment to know when false doctrine is being taught, because some of it can be very subtle and I don't know that I would even trust myself to pick up on some of it. The teachings Chris has done have been very helpful in that respect, especially the Wolves in Costume series.

I, too, hope you can find what you're looking for but I join Dee in saying don't be too disappointed if you don't; you can always come here.

It's okay, Jeanne. I know what your intention was, and I appreciate the concern, genuinely. But I also believe that ultimately God will bring to light when false doctrine is being taught. I hope He will also protect me from its influence in the meantime. I also hope that I will be able to come here and find encouragement when I encounter the church buildings that don't teach proper doctrine or that are full of sin even if they do (because I realize that true doctrine can be taught, but there can be an abundance of sin. And that isn't healthy either).

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 06:30:18 PM »
Hi Jackie,

I'm glad you're here, there is plenty to learn here and plenty to learn here that you most likely have never learned before.  When I came here I came here to get away from the milk that churches always preached on and went into the meat.  I've not been the same since, but in a good way.  I've almost lost contact with my family over the new things I've been learning, but God comes first regardless if my family abandons me.  Right now it's just me, my twin brother, and my twin brother's wife that gets together once a week to have church together and we listen to Christopher's teachings and discuss throughout that teaching on the things we may or may not understand to further our understanding of God's word.  Please be patient here and you'll find that this place is one of the few places that teaches the truth, regardless how offensive that truth may be.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
I've almost lost contact with my family over the new things I've been learning, but God comes first regardless if my family abandons me.  Right now it's just me, my twin brother, and my twin brother's wife that gets together once a week to have church together and we listen to Christopher's teachings and discuss throughout that teaching on the things we may or may not understand to further our understanding of God's word.  Please be patient here and you'll find that this place is one of the few places that teaches the truth, regardless how offensive that truth may be.
I can't help it. I have to ask: Why don't you just join our church online then? That's exactly what we do on Skype; I do the teaching, and then we discuss it (and other things) afterwards.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 08:19:06 PM »
I have to admit I've often wondered the same thing.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2019, 09:15:06 AM »
Yes, Caleb, it would be wonderful to have you there at the sunday skype church meetings (and we also have the thursday night Bible studies, as well)  :)

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2019, 05:18:07 PM »
Chris, Jeanne, and Dee;

I would love nothing more than to join the church.  It may not be on Sundays due to me having to work from 8am to 4pm, which I'm going to try to talk to my superintendent about getting Sundays and Mondays off.  Another thing, I can't promise to always be there but I will do my best to join as much as I can.  As a transport officer there are times I have to transport late or fill in for another transporter.  I also don't have a mic yet for my computer, been meaning to get one for awhile now.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2019, 06:15:37 PM »
If you have a smart phone, you could put the Skype app on your phone. That's what a lot of us do.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2019, 08:22:20 PM »
Unfortunately Jeanne I don't have a smart phone, nor do I want one.  It goes back to when I was accused by a female juvenile at work that I let her us my phone to get on facebook and make a phone call to somebody.  Thank God I didn't have a smart phone at that time because her story would have checked out more than what it already did.  After I was able to explain that my phone is incapable of internet the accusations where dropped immediatley.  At that point I decided that I wasn't going to get one and that the phone I have is functional enough for what I use it for.  I'll figure out a way to have a mic, even if I have to buy one earlier than I anticipated.

Jackie

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2019, 11:32:48 PM »
Hi Jackie,

I'm glad you're here, there is plenty to learn here and plenty to learn here that you most likely have never learned before.  When I came here I came here to get away from the milk that churches always preached on and went into the meat.  I've not been the same since, but in a good way.  I've almost lost contact with my family over the new things I've been learning, but God comes first regardless if my family abandons me.  Right now it's just me, my twin brother, and my twin brother's wife that gets together once a week to have church together and we listen to Christopher's teachings and discuss throughout that teaching on the things we may or may not understand to further our understanding of God's word.  Please be patient here and you'll find that this place is one of the few places that teaches the truth, regardless how offensive that truth may be.

Thank you, Caleb, for sharing your story. I can relate to wanting the meat of the Word versus the milk. As I pursue the knowledge of the truth, I pray that also my family and friends will want to find out the truth and listen to it.