Author Topic: Hi Everyone :-)  (Read 4691 times)

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
  • Belief: Christian
Hi Everyone :-)
« on: March 05, 2018, 01:15:50 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My name is Dee, so happy to be here!  To give you my background, I am married for 31 years and we have three sons, ages 19, 25, and 26.  My youngest son, Joshua, and I are born-again christians.  We have been with CLE church for 2-1/2 years and are so grateful that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ led us to this church.

More background, I was raised Catholic, but left that church at the age of 20; thanks be to God, The Holy Spirit convicted me to get out of that church.  After leaving, I was not in God's Word (the Catholic church had NEVER encouraged members to study the Bible) and regretfully, I slowly strayed from God, falsely thinking I was saved because I had been "born into a church, and I had been baptized as a baby, I was keeping the commandments, etc."  I was so misinformed and was heading down the wrong road.

Thankfully, at the age of 33, by the Grace of God, my eyes were opened and realizing my sin, I repented with a Godly sorrow, and was born again, Praise God!  At that point, I began attending Calvary chapel with my young sons, for nearly 20 years, until Joshua and I found CLE.

(I should mention, when we first left calvary chapel, at the same time we were checking into CLE church we were also checking into the Seventh Day Adventist church, for six months).  Thankfully, God opened our eyes to the SDA church, as well.

I found CLE when searching online, for something I had heard..."Christians should not forsake the gathering of themselves."  That is when God led me to Christopher's article on the "501c3 churches ".  I completely agreed with everything written in the article and showed the article to Joshua.  We checked and found Calvary chapel was a 501c3 corporation, and we stopped attending that church.

Instead, we began to spend our weekends reading and listening to the articles on CLE and have not missed any Sunday CLE church meetings.  Now, we actually look forward to church on Sunday's.  It truly is a joy to belong to CLE church, where we can learn God's Truth, using the KJB, and be with like-minded Christians.  What a blessing to have found such a church family.

We are thankful God has put this desire in Christopher, to teach God's Truth, and for the many teachings that Christopher has made available to all of us.  The teachings are very relevant, and clear, and simple to understand, and have been a blessing to our lives.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Hi Everyone :-)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 04:50:29 AM »
Dee, it's so good to see you back. You and Josh have truly been a blessing to our church group.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:07:59 AM »
Jeanne, thank you so much :-)
There is nowhere else we would want to be.  This is home :-)
God Bless all of you!!

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 05:11:46 PM »
I am so glad you are back Dee!  Thank you for your beautiful testimony intro!  I enjoy getting to know the other people in our group.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Masha

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 04:34:40 AM »
Hi De, nice to read some of your testimony. Appreciate your openness. God bless

Suelong88

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »
Welcome back Dee!

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 07:26:37 PM »
Dear Tonya, Jeanne, Masha, and Sue :-)

Thank you, so good to be here...this is home :-)

God Bless our church :-)

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 12:33:49 AM »
Thank you for sharing the work the Lord Jesus Christ has wrought in your life. Praise and honor be to our God and Deliverer. I'm so joyful to have found this ministry and body of believers.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 11:00:52 PM »
Hi Severius,
Thank you for your comment.  Yes, it truly is a blessing to have found this wonderful church family, where we can come together to learn God's Truth.  We are so thankful to God for this true and honest church :-)

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 01:51:18 AM »
Amen. This church is the best place I've known in my life for Biblically sound edification. I praise our God Jesus Christ for leading me here.