Author Topic: Question For Those Who Don't Believe In Eternal Security  (Read 377 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
Question For Those Who Don't Believe In Eternal Security
« on: July 05, 2023, 08:03:26 PM »
I was reading one of Chris's "Wild Emails", specifically This Man Did Not Want The Truth to Set Him Free .(https://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1039.0)
It was about John from Ohio sending Chris to a leavened ministry. I was watching the video that Chris was sent and found out why John sent it. https://video.wvbs.org/video/the-thief-on-the-cross/
He was trying to get Chris that Baptism is necessary for salvation by trying create doubts on the "thief on the cross' arguments.
The man in the Video, Don Blackwell, gave three arguments about the thief on the cross:
1. He could have already been baptized.
2. He lived and died under the Old Testament system
3. Christ had the power to speak about man's sins forgiven
He used verses to try and to back his claim like
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:15-16
Of course, he missed the second half of that verse:
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:15-16
It does not say "he that believeth and baptized not shall be damned."

For the next two verses, I have no issue against them.
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Act 2:38

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 1 Peter 3:20-21

Don Blackwell, also believes that one can lose their salvation:https://video.wvbs.org/video/the-truth-about-repentance-asl/

His reasoning was Simon the sorcerer was saved since he was baptized, but he only was baptized since he thought he gain the Holy Spirit and use it for money. So no, he was not saved.
And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. Acts 8:18-23

I was thinking about this when a question popped into my head. The question was: Do these people believe sin is more powerful than God's love?
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
Once God loves someone, He will never un-love them because if he did, why would chasten and rebuke them?
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Revelation 3:19
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
Re: Question For Those Who Don't Believe In Eternal Security
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 09:57:15 PM »
After reviewing the second video, I can say that Don Blackwood is teaching false doctrine about repentance as well. At 6:15, he says repentance is a "change of mind, produced by Godly Sorrow, resulting in a reformation of Life,", not that it is Godly Sorrow. At 8:52, he is correct that there is no salvation without sorrow, then says that "sorrow comes from someone teaching me that I am a sinner and I have done things deserving of hell,". He at no point mentions bringing the law to them:
The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. Psalm 19:7
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24

At 13:24, 14:21, 15:59, 18:14, and 26:14, are all places where he keeps saying repentance is a "change of mind," not "Godly Sorrow."
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. James 1:8
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 09:59:30 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 11:38:22 PM »
Most of the time people who claim salvation can be lost have their hearts rooted in a works based doctrine, although they'll never admit that, but they want to believe that it's all about what they do in this life.

As for those who follow them, well it's a lot easier for them to believe they can lose salvation rather than admit they weren't saved in the first place because, (it was my turning point to salvation and I haven't seen it contradicted in the bible at all,) being saved is by the grace of God, sure, but while it can not be done through works, it requires you to give up something that a lot of people are way too attached to and in some cases will do anything to keep...their pride. In these cases instead of getting "What must I do to be saved?" you get "How dare you say I am not saved!".

3. Christ had the power to speak about man's sins forgiven

This is an interesting thing too because in a way it is true, but he didn't address the second thief on the cross who was not repentant.

Fun side fact is that those who like to claim that salvation can be lost like a set of keys seem to like downplaying the power of the LORD.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 11:41:48 PM »
I goofed on the second post, it's Blackwell, not "Blackwood."

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 01:31:18 PM »
"Most of the time people who claim salvation can be lost have their hearts rooted in a works based doctrine, although they'll never admit that, but they want to believe that it's all about what they do in this life."

That is a really good point. Not only that, but those who claim to have faith to salvation instead of through repentance also exalt themselves through works.

Caleb posted in his testimony: "13. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner." And the next verse says: "14. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

It seems like those that do not have repentance look to be exalted in some way or another through their own works.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13