Author Topic: PredsFest  (Read 4532 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
PredsFest
« on: September 29, 2019, 01:13:34 PM »
I'm headed up to Nashville in a little bit to preach at this free event that is for the professional hockey fans.

https://www.nhl.com/predators/fans/predsfest-schedule-details

Unfortunately no one is available to go with me today.
My intention is to preach at the Hall of Fame park across from the Bridgestone Arena as the event is spread across both places.
Normally when preaching to sports fans they are going to the game and there is little interaction with them. I'm hoping this time folks will be more inclined to come up and talk and take tracts.
Please pray for the lost and for my safety.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
Re: PredsFest
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 11:47:04 AM »
Last Sunday there was a free public event, called PredsFest 2019, being held at the Bridgestone Arena and the Walk of Fame park.

As you will see in this video, when I approached the bag-check tables to enter the public park I was immediately lied to by security personnel and told that I had to have a ticket to enter, when they weren't checking for tickets at all.
One of the workers admitted that his supervisor told him to not let me, specifically, in. Though I asked 3 or 4 of the workers why I wasn't allowed to enter none of them could articulate an answer.

Here's the video:
https://youtu.be/6yDDpHY-cVs

I'll post the rest of the day to my YouTube channel as I'm able...
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »
Are you going to try and do anything about that??  They arent actually allowed to do that are they?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 04:26:37 PM »
Are you going to try and do anything about that??  They arent actually allowed to do that are they?

Not in this instance.  I would have had to push things to the point that the police actually threatened to cite or arrest me, as I've done several times before.

And, no, they are not allowed to exclude people for no reason.

My friend Tim and have discussed getting a copy of the event permit in the future so when we do push for our rights the cops will have to deal with the legal document in our hands.

To be honest, since I was by myself, I just wanted to preach and hand out tracts. Getting threatened to be arrested 3 out of the last 4 times you go out to preach gets tedious and wastes time.   Additionally, our lawyer is getting overwhelmed by the street preacher cases he's involved in from around the country.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 07:01:33 PM »
Kenneth, have you been to jail before?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 07:25:53 PM »
Kenneth, have you been to jail before?
I've never been jailed, cited nor arrested.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 08:32:11 PM »
The hypocrisy is what is infuriating. If they don't want to hear, then they don't want to hear; that's fine, but you have just as much right to be in a public park as they do, and their version of "liberty" only goes as far as what will justify their sin. We need to pray about this one, that the Lord God would have mercy on us and allow us liberty to preach as He has instructed us.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 10:32:52 AM »
Yes, what Chris said!  I was horrified that they would not let you in!  And although they didn't say it, I am sure we all know why.  How sad!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jackie

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 12:16:24 PM »
That is awful that they would not let you in. It sounds like you are on their so called black list of people to immediately expel from the premises on sight.