Author Topic: All anti-kjv arguments in a nutshell  (Read 3934 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
All anti-kjv arguments in a nutshell
« on: February 27, 2019, 12:05:29 PM »
I found this a while back and still find it one of the saddest things I have ever seen:
https://www.deviantart.com/artngame215/art/King-James-Only-431164113

This guy claims he is  Christian but he believes the word of liars like "snow" white.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: All anti-kjv arguments in a nutshell
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 12:25:59 PM »
So what? That's to be expected.

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
-2 Peter 2:1-3

You didn't really say anything in your post. You just said how you feel when you looked at it. That doesn't communicate anything edifying.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 12:34:51 PM »
Oh, sorry, I meant to say this a list of all of the bad arguments that people support as an example, I forgot to add more details again. I really need to get better at that.

He doesn't even do proper research: for example, he didn't even look up that the Unicorn is a rhinoceros, however, he said that its proper translation is wild ox:
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. Isaiah 34:7
That is just as bad as the "repentance means to turn" idea.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:43:46 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 02:10:08 PM »
I don't know that I would say it is just as bad because people don't end up in hell for believing a unicorn is a wild ox. However, the picture mostly looks like it lazily drawn by a middle school student in art class, so that's an accurate reflection on his standards for research.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 02:23:00 PM »
I think it is just as bad as his researching ability because if you used the incorrect words in a sentence in the Bible, you would end with sentences like "And the Bulls shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."
That doesn't make any sense but many people believe it nevertheless like "Repent meaning to turn". All they have to do is simple research but they never go that far.

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »
The newly translated versions really do take scripture out and change it entirely.   Thats enough for me to see that this guy is deceived.

Revelation 22: 18-19

"18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

I've also seen a lot of people call Chris a legalist: strict adherence, or the principle of strict adherence, to law or prescription, especially to the letter rather than the spirit.

But Jesus says in Luke 6: 46-49

46And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Are we all not just trying to do what the Lord tells us to do?  apparently to them that is being a legalist.   Maybe I'm just being stupid and not making any sense,  I dont know

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 09:05:48 PM »
Are we all not just trying to do what the Lord tells us to do?  apparently to them that is being a legalist.   Maybe I'm just being stupid and not making any sense,  I dont know
[/size]

I hope you were being sarcastic with that remark because you are right on!  ;)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 12:26:50 AM »
Hahaha, you got a good point Zach.