Author Topic: Greetings to all at the forum.  (Read 3851 times)

Wesley

Greetings to all at the forum.
« on: May 25, 2018, 04:50:39 PM »
My name is Wesley.

Thank you for the acquaintance

I am 38 male from UK and learning about scripture and endtimes.
I was not raised as a Christian and I don't visit churches (buildings) or cleave to any particular denomination, however I genuinely fear the lord and moving towards living by the commandments.
I have had addictions and have beat them just by learning about Jesus struggle,  also changing my diet and how I live in sight of the Lord, keeping sabbath every saturday and have started to repent all sins and asking for forgiveness.
That is it for now.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:13:58 PM by Wesley »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Greetings to all at the forum.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 07:25:52 PM »
Welcome.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jephte21

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 07:56:20 PM »
Hi Wesley,

Have you read any of the CLE article yet? because you say that you keep the Sabbath. To be honest with you, it's very difficult to find someone who actually keep the Sabbath because of all the ordinances we have to abide in to actually keep it. and the Sabbath is fulfill in Christ, he is our Sabbath now.

This article will explain it more thorough to you: http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/sabbath.php

Welcome to the forum!!

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »
Hi wesley, you say you "genuinely fear the lord" and "have started" to repent. And your belief is other. I understand if you are not sure about some things as everyone goes through learning curves. But are you willing to choose a side because you know that you are a sinner and on the way to hell and need a saviour? or are you just trying Jesus out for a while to see how it feels?
I am asking these questions only because of the claims in the first sentence.
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 06:53:40 AM »
You have also chosen to list your religion as "Other." Was this an error? If not, you did not explain why in your introduction.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 01:37:44 PM »
Welcome Wesley. Would you please give a more detailed introduction? I am not asking for an entire life history but what you have said, so far, does not give me (I can't speak for others) a clear idea of who you are and your beliefs. I think it leaves the reader to fill in gaps and assume a lot.
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 09:13:17 AM »
If he doesn't want to explain any more, I'll probably just delete his account. His posts kinda' wreak of the Hebrew roots cult-style of belief, but I was willing to overlook it to try and be patient. However, when he marks down his belief as "other," and isn't even willing to explain himself (not just to me, but to everyone else's reasonable inquiries), I don't think our forum's the right place for him.

Again, we are not social media. We are born again Christians who are open with one another. If someone joins who has a different belief and wants to discuss things, that's okay, so long as they explain themselves.