Author Topic: My name is Heather Taylor  (Read 10582 times)

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
  • Belief: Christian
My name is Heather Taylor
« on: September 14, 2020, 04:37:05 PM »
   My name is Heather Taylor. I am 34 years old. I have been married to my husband Joshua Taylor for 14 years. We have 2 boys. Jacob who is getting ready to turn 13. Seth who is 10 years old. We homeschool our children with Rod and Staff curriculum.
   My beliefs are that God The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit created the whole world and everything in it. I believe
That Jesus is God and God came down to the earth in the flesh Jesus The Word and The Holy Spirit is of them both.
I believe Jesus was 100 percent God and 100 percent man. I believe Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life. He patiently taught all of the Kingdom of Heaven and how to live. Jesus is the way the truth and the life. He was born of a virgin named Mary. He did many miracles in the sight of large crowds and miracles to sometimes in small crowds. He had 12 close followers The disciples who was learning right beside Him. I believe Jesus died for everyone and rose from the dead on the 3rd day. He is now at the right hand of The Father interceding on our behalf. So those that haven't come to repentance ( grief and godly sorrow) may finally come to the knowledge of their wretched condition as sinners and finally see their need for a savior from their sins and the eternal lake of fire.
    When I was 13 years old I thought I was saved. My dad brought me to church and we went Sundays and Wednesday night's. After youth group I was looking for my dad to go home. He was in a prayer group circled and holding hands. I didn't care for the things of God at this time. But when I came up to my dad to let him know I was ready to go and when I touched his arm something very powerful and undeniable hit my body. I was overwhelmed with comfort and peace and it felt as though sweet warm honey was pouring through my veins. I do not know fully what this was but all at once wisdom was given. I thought that this was me becoming a Christian and announced to the church that I was saved. As I was walking this new walk I was never taught correctly as I now see so I wasn't aware that repentance was grief and Godly Sorrow. I thought it was to turn and my walk always seemed in vain bit couldn't understand why something always still seemed wrong inside me. I had moments throughout my life where the grief of my sin brought me to tears and brokenness but it was like I thought that I would be ok just committing the same sin was ok because I could just keep doing both lives even though I knew The Word said you can only have 1 master. I was hanging around sin and committing the same sins over and over and then going to church. I was reading God's word but always feeling completely empty. Throughout my walk since that day at 13 years old.. It has been a rollercoaster if emotions. I lived on my emotions. Up until 1 month ago I was listening to Chris Johnson's audio on Repentance and I honestly can not tell you how I came upon CLE. It just came to me and Glory to Jesus Christ. I listened intently to the message and when I realized the true meaning of repentance it was when I completely came undone right there on my couch when nobody was around. Broken and upset that I thought I was a Christian all these years. Bawling and hurt that I had been deceived for so long and thought my works was my salvation and realized just how truly lost I was. I never want to lose my broken heart for my sinful nature. I never want to lose Him. I am still trying to unlearn all the crap that has been taught to me. my husband and I have left the Church we attended for 14 years. We have made many changes to our home life. When our family attended Branch Assembly of God church I thought I could ride through on To heaven through appearing as a believer but really was just dead on the inside. Almost everyone thinks I am wrong and looks at me like I am too extreme. I am still working through my salvation with fear and trembling. I get very nervous when I tell people truth of God's word. My heart pounds and my tummy gets nervous and I wonder if I did all that I could to teach them. This CLE material is very helpful and I am relearning the scriptures the correct way. I didn't have the true perspective when I read them before as a false convert. I will never understand why Jesus loves me so much. But I truly am thankful that He loves me and is so patient with me.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: My name is Heather Taylor
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 07:40:16 PM »
A person who has come to Jesus Christ through true repentance and faith... you do not have to "get them on fire for Jesus." You do not have to convince them to hear the truth. I'm thankful to the Lord Jesus Christ for showing you the truth of His Word, and now, you do not need all the gimmicks of new-age church buildings to keep you in line because you serve your master now. Those who have come to repentance understand this, but those who follow the new-age definitions of repentance just cannot understand, and they keep following after the lies and traditions of men, even among those who claim to expose the lies and traditions of men.

But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
-2Ti 3:13
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 12:13:22 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 10:12:33 PM »
Yes. People who I looked up to (respected their person) are completely lost. Ever since I learned what true repentance was, the whole Bible just became alive and made more sense and the ways of the new age church just opened my eyes even more to the deception they teach and practice habitually and think they are justified. Not only did it open my eyes to the deception but I was having hindsight of past conversations with the church members and it's heartbreaking how deceived they are. I pray That Jesus Christ open their eyes to the TRUTH, God willing.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 02:22:25 PM »
Hi Heather,

It was very encouraging to read your testimony yesterday, especially on a migraine day. I had to read it a few times! Even after 14 years in the church building, you were able to make your way out of it. That gives me hope that there are others. Church goers are the hardest people to speak about the law and especially false converts, at least in my experience, so the way you are treated is not a surprise. For the Jews would not believe Jesus:

John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 04:04:32 PM »
While we was at this church I did not rebuke anyone because I was blind as well. I thought if I was kind to people and respected their beliefs that I was paving my road of kindness to Heaven.Blind leading the blind. But my husband knew the Truth and tried to tell me that what they was teaching was false and I didn't listen and we continued to stay there because my husband knew he needed to rebuke the pastors and teachers and nobody would listen. Not even me. I was a horrible wife and mother and led my family wrong. And thought I was doing The LORDs work. My husband was very patient with me and I thought he was crazy and sided with the church sometimes but I began to see things differently toward the end of our time there. And once I seen how wretched I truly was and always will be... Grief and brokenness hit me like a ton of bricks. This is when My eyes were opened and the deception was IN MY FACE and I seen their hearts because of their words and actions didn't line up with the Scriptures.. I had seen my own deception and cried very hard and my home life is drastically changing for the better. The members of the church keep reaching out and wanting us to come back but we have had supper with a some and have plans to bring the true gospel to them. One family who we was close with invited us over for supper and we went and the LORD prompted me to speak up with my friend Amy and was bawling in front of her and confessing how lost I was and spoke what Jesus had shown me about the church and what was wrong with everything they practice and she just sat and listened. So if she accepts that would be awesome. She wasn't angry or anytjing but just listened quietly. Praying it takes in her heart .. I spoke of what repentance is (grief and godly sorrow for wrong doing/sin) He is showing me how to be his faithful servant in my every moment of everyday and yes I am doing more than I have before and because it's to please Him.. It is done more with a cheerful heart. All praise to my Savior Jesus Christ. A scripture just came to mind... "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities (supreme power), nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our LORD." Romans 8:38-39
Another scripture that I believe completes it is Matthew 25:31-46
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

True repentance shall bring Remission of sins to True Salvation and nothing will separate you from His love.. Nothing. But as for the goats they will eternally be separated from His Love. Because they had not True repentance
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 04:38:21 PM by heathertaylor »

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 04:36:13 PM »
Welcome, Heather!

It is a blessing to hear your story and how you have come to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. I seem to be in the opposite position as you, as I have tried sharing with my husband who does not understand the truth or does not WANT to understand the truth many times. Megan brought up a very good point about how difficult it is to speak with false converts on Biblical doctrine and how the Jews were the same way, not believing. All we can do is point them to the truth and pray that God will open their eyes. How wonderful that He brought you under His wing.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
- 2 Peter 3:9

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 06:24:27 PM »
Laura,
       As I read your comment a scripture kept popping in my mind. 1 Peter 3:1-2 which you may know already

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

SUBJECTION, noun
1. The act of subduing; the act of vanquishing and bringing under the dominion of another.

CHASTE, adjective
1. Pure from all unlawful commerce of sexes. Applied to persons before marriage, it signifies pure from all sexual commerce, undefiled; applied to married persons, true to the marriage bed.
2. Free from obscenity.
3. In language, pure; genuine; uncorrupt; free from barbarous words and phrases, and from quaint, affected, extravagant expressions.

It is possible that your conduct and conversation can show your husband his need for a savior. When you are broken over your sinfulness and do not try to puff yourself up in pride and or nagging it may assist him to the truth of Repentance.

Word of the day
Longsuffering- adjective
Bearing injuries or provocation for a long time; patient; not easily provoked.

It's one thing to witness to those you may never see again (which is difficult as well because rejection stings)but its another thing to live with the one you witness to. Bless your husband in word and conduct. Keep your thoughts pure and always be sure that you keep a repentant heart and ask for forgiveness for your shortcomings and ask God where You can improve as a wife and woman of God and follow through and never give up even though it's hard.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 12:02:04 AM »
Heather, your testimony brought tears to my eyes. It's always so wonderful to hear of how God brings people to repentance and salvation! Your encouragement to Laura also highlighted to me where I fall short much of the time. I look forward to getting to know you and hearing more about you and your family. Does your husband listen to the CLE teachings as well?

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 01:01:32 AM »
Hi Jeanne. It is good to find like minded believers of Jesus Christ. It can be very lonely. I thought my life since 13 was tough. Claiming to be a Christian but being lost and still trying to follow Gods word. I thought what I was doing was right. Even when I wasn't forgiven I was trying to teach Gods word and knew lots of things but it meant nothing to me or anyone ..even then certain folks wanted nothing to do with me and I was made fun of at jobs because even as someone who wasn't repentant I still thought all the holidays like Christmas and Easter were corrupt and that is never a popular opinion... Any knowledge that I had .. It was just me showing off... I am trying not to be this way now. I don't want to be prideful at all. I just want those who are lost and brainwashed to come to the Truth of GODs word.

My husband and i have known each other for a while. We both went to macks creek school. That is in the state of Missouri. It's a farm town of about 250 people. There are rivers all around us and it's a quiet place. We live on 2.5 acres with a small creek on it..and we live a simple life. We enjoy swimming at our favorite river spots. Ever since we left the church we have had our own bible studies and we both are musical people so we play songs that have lyrics that line up with scripture. Some "Christian" bands play  songs we used to enjoy but they support paganism/witchcraft. I used to listen to Hillsong and bethel and elevation worship but my eyes had been opened to their wicked deeds and just couldn't listen anymore. So I have been filtering out all my music that doesn't Glorify God and His word. Which is difficult honestly. But hymnals seem to be the best so far but even hymnals are unbiblical sometimes.Anywho. I enjoy singing and playing guitar. So does my husband.

Some of the sins that I struggled with and still fight against are:
Anger
Lust
Pride
Laziness
Frivolous spending
Gossip
Cussing
Nagging
Some have left me completely and I pray they stay away but some that I fight hard against is Pride and Laziness. Now that my way of thinking is different because of the brokenness my heart has because of who I am.. I desire to please GOD. So to even think the way I did before sickens me but I am trying to build up my weak points with The Holy Spirits guidance. I have no idea if I'm making any sense.  ??? When I am around people now.. It's like I just can't stand their way of thinking now. I am honestly struggling inside with knowing what to say to these folks. Like.. Since my conversion I have already had to rebuke my sister in law for the continuing practices of witchcraft (Christmas and Easter) in her life and when I told her of this wickedness and how a bad tree cannot bring forth good fruits..she said she wouldn't change because she thinks there is nothing wrong with it ..I then walked away. I wondered if I had handled it how Jesus would have.Then today She sent me a text saying .. "She didn't want our differences to ruin our relationship." I was pondering what I should say in response and simply said .. Our differences on this matter is what is seperating us. And also told her that I wasn't the same person she knew and also sent her the teaching audio on Repentance #1 to her.  It hurts deep to say these things and question myself on this but I know it's true. And Jesus comes first God comes first. It's like Satan is trying to make me second guess what I know to be true. Sorry for long post
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 01:13:25 AM by heathertaylor »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 03:01:28 AM »
Heather, you don't ever have to be sorry about long posts! So much of what you said and what areas you struggle in resonate with me, because those are the same things I have problems with, too. Your sister-in-law sounds like my mother. She still celebrates all the pagan holidays, too and listens to John MacArthur every day on the radio, along with several other leavened preachers. Her whole life pretty much revolves around 'church'. She's been a member of the same Presbyterian for 57 years now, so I don't think she's in any hurry to give that up.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 08:53:19 AM »
  My question is what do you do if you're around her? Or do you hang around her? I just don't know what to do sometimes and what fellowship can she and I have..among other folks as well. It would be a consistent correction in her conduct and not to say I don't examine what I do as well because I am now in observance of myself more than ever. I just want to do what's right. I need to study God's word more.
  I forgot to answer your question from your previous post about if my husband listens to CLE. Yes he does but he says he is busy at work and by the time he is home he us exhausted. He works construction. I am beginning to have concerns of things he does and says but I am just going to keep studying and let him know of my concerns and leave it at that. But as for my children we all listen and learn together with CLE. And Josh and I read God's word together. He also agrees with CLE material. Some of the issues he doesn't agree with. He wants to observe sabbath days. He is is conflicted of the 501c3 info. I do not argue with him. He also hasn't listened to the messages on these matters as well. So I'm gonna maybe chalk it up to ignorance. But it seems as though it may be willful which hints my concerns. I will continue to pray on this matter. All I know is God's Law has opened me To my need of Him. I am still unlearning old "church" ways. I question a lot to make sure what I am learning on CLE just because I have been educated wrong before. But this seems very different. The fact that I will be rejected and hated almost indefinitely gives me more indication this person has studied to shew thyself approved. But I still read it for myself without interpretation from man but it seems to always line up. One issue he spoke of on marriage and divorce. I always thought you couldn't get remarried unless the spouse died. But I'm beginning to see that there truly is a clause on this matter just like murder has a clause as well. Killing in self defense. At least this is the way I understood the teaching. Correct me if I be wrong please. You have a good day Jeanne. Hope to hear from you.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 12:41:38 PM »
Well, Heather, the issue of 'being around' my mother never really comes up since she lives in Michigan and I'm in Australia. I've only been back to visit once since I moved here in January, 2008, when my brother's present to her for her 80th birthday was a plane ticket for me. But that was in 2013, two years before I found CLE, so I didn't see a problem then with any of the things she was doing. Unlike you, I had no clue about the holidays being pagan; I just knew that personally, I couldn't be bothered with them. I saw them more as an inconvenience than anything else. (I remember spending one Christmas going to the theatre to see Lord of the Rings  :o ) But even before moving here, I still didn't see her more than maybe once a year because I was living in Texas.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure exactly what your question was regarding the marriage teaching, but you seem to have a good grasp of the material so far. But just the fact that most of the blowback Chris has gotten from his teachings has been from church-goers ought to tell you that he's on the right track. He's gotten two strikes on his YouTube channel for 'hate speech' because of the expose he did on Steven Anderson, and he'll probably get his channel taken down altogether if he ever tries to put up an audio of the teaching on Kent Hovind. None of that absolutely proves that he's right, however. You're doing the right thing by going back to the Scriptures yourself and checking things out.

I'm a bit confused about your husband, though. You said he was the one who realised the teachings at the church you were going to were wrong and you were the one who didn't listen, but now he doesn't want to listen to CLE, either? You mentioned he wants to celebrate the sabbath; is he falling for the Hebrew Roots thing? Chris nearly got sucked into that one, as well.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:45:09 PM by Jeanne »

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 03:53:53 PM »
  My husband agrees with most of the CLE teachings but just may need to study more into those subjects so he has all the facts. We both are learning through this walk. And we are going to say and do things that may be not right as we are learning more and more. ..but that's why we will just keep trying to learn more and more to show ourselves approved. And the CLE has opened both of our eyes to what's really going on with the stuff in the world and Mainly the US. Vaccinations videos and study was WOW! I Had no idea but knew I didn't want them getting shots. They did have shots but I pulled them out of public school due to their struggle witj comprehension and the need for more one on one and the stuff they teach them. and they only had some shots. My oldest Jacob had almost all those shots unfortunately. My husband and I want more kids and I called our hospital to see if we could decline the Hep B shot after birth and they said yes but that a pediatrician will tell you it's safe and there's nothing to worry about.  I chuckled under my breath when she said this but didn't say anything because I just knew it would fall on deaf ears. But I was glad to hear that the shot after birth could be declined.

The question about how to deal with the lost family members and the lost in general was pertaining more on how to handle those who "rail" on you? Like I am giving the truth and my sister in law rails at me and is saying I am trying be worthy of my salvation and I'm getting crazy with my religion. I never responded back.

I know we can't know everything we go through that leads to certain situations. But I gave her the truth because she was curious of what has happened to me. My husband said that I gave her truth with scripture and historical proof. If she won't except..you just leave it alone and give your burdens of rejection To Jesus Christ

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 07:40:11 AM »
If you're wanting to have more kids, have you ever thought of looking up a midwife and having babies at home as opposed to the hospital? Just a thought, and that way you wouldn't have to worry about doctors doing anything to your child you don't want them to do. Unless you need a C-section or are at high risk for complications, there's really no reason for people to have to have babies in hospital.

There are others on here who would be able to advise you far better than I would on dealing with family, especially those who have come out of the Catholic church.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 04:14:44 PM »
Yes. My husband and I have been looking into birth at home. I agree with you. We have been doing research on what to do and it's scary but highly considered. Because even though the hospital may say they won't give shots ..i honestly do not trust them. And I have had normal births that turned out to be smooth. Thank you for encouraging me in this direction.

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 06:36:05 PM »
I know how you feel. After my hospital birth experience, I would rather do it at home especially with this covid business going on.

As for railing family members, I have had to put space between some of mine after bringing these topics up. I still talk with them but the relationship is different. You have spoke the truth, and if they do not want to hear it, that is on them. It is at least good they react that way as that means there is some conviction. Some may surprise you and let that initial anger drive them to find the truth.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 07:10:26 PM »
Yes. My husband waited 14 years for me to come to the truth and he lost his temper with me on occasions and I really feel awful for how I was to him. So I need to be ready for whatever comes. If my sister in law comes to me ready to learn more because she has finally seen the sin in her life and repents for it.. I want to be ready to help in any way I can. As far as having a baby at home.. I do have a friend who is an LPN and may ask her to help with at home delivery but not sure how she will respond  ::)

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 11:11:41 PM »
Heather,

Thank you for your encouraging reply. I appreciate you breaking down that verse for me. It really helps. You are absolutely correct - there are plenty of ways I can improve as a wife. I struggle with some the same sins as you. Laziness is a big one. There are so many things that easily distract me. I do not pray specifically about this enough. I must keep asking God to show me my sins and give me a repentant heart so I can be a better example in what I do and say.

I wish I could have had a home birth with my daughter but my husband was not on board; however, we found a birthing center that we were both comfortable with. It was a house close to the hospital. I had a midwife and nurse deliver my daughter and they were very supportive of my decision to deliver naturally and forgo all vaccinations, interventions, etc. I was very blessed to have a low-risk pregnancy and safe delivery without the need for such things, but we were within a minute of the hospital should we have needed their emergency services. Is your husband open to a home birth? From what you have shared, it sounds like he might be! How wonderful! Hopefully you can find a midwife that does home births.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 11:14:38 PM by Laura »

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 11:42:35 PM »
My husband and I don't see eye to eye on things and I can feel that old me trying to build up again but then I pause and breath. Think before I say something I will probably regret. Then it goes smoothly. I am trying to be a better wife. To do more for my family because The Lord is prompting me to. I do it with gladness because it pleases My Father. I want to do more outdoors stuff. Like yard work. Im usually indoors but this new journey has me wanting to start my own farm. Hehe.. Husband is on board about the farm idea. Just trying to tackle one project at a time. Getting lil things done here and there. My husband is on board about home delivery. The other deliveries we had at the hospitals he was conflicted greatly about epidurals. I believe I have major back problems where they inserted that huge needle. It would not be something I would take lightly having a baby at home. But I desire to put my body through what it suppose to go through and overcome. Women have been giving birth for thousands of years. We was made to do this. It truly is a scary thought because I have been used to hospital births. Im so glad though you had a place to go to for birth so close to home. Plus the midwife.  :)

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 08:51:00 AM »
Heather,

It's great that your husband is open to a home birth. I'm sorry to hear you have experienced some problems from past birth interventions, but how wonderful that you want to have a more natural birth for the next baby! We must suffer through labor pains but as you said, we are designed for it. And yes, we are instructed to do our work as if we are for doing it for Christ himself.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Colossians 3:23

While there are certain tasks that I do not enjoy doing, I am very fulfilled with my role as a wife, mother, and homemaker more than any other job I've had in the past. Right after college I began working full time for a corporation and I spent a lot of time over those six years looking for a different job and different career path altogether. I was never satisfied and did not like the work. The most enjoyable jobs I had were my first (grocery store) and last (Chiropractic office) and neither one required a college degree. Looking back, I realize that perhaps it was because I was designed to do what I am doing now. The aspects I enjoyed in my first and last jobs definitely correlate to the caring, nurturing, and repetitive nature of being a wife, mother, and homemaker.

I think it's great that you want to start a farm. I would like to grow my own food but we have one of the smallest lots in town and a big tree in our tiny yard that would make it challenging to grow anything other than weeds. Those false strawberries seem to grow quite well on their own though. :) I am considering trying to grow some vegetables in pots or containers. Christopher's wife Lorraine runs a farm. I'm sure she has lots of knowledge on growing food!