Author Topic: (CORRECTION) Revivalism & Joel 2  (Read 1588 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(CORRECTION) Revivalism & Joel 2
« on: August 28, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »
One of our listeners pointed out to me that I had spoken error in the teaching, Revivalism: The Devil's Design, concerning Joel 2:28. Originally, I had written that Joel 2:28 specifically was prophesying of the last days of this world, but that was not the case. Joel 2:28 was specifically fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2.

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
-Joel 2:28

But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
-Acts 2:16-17

In fact, I did not remember writing any such thing when the man wrote me to inform me of the error, and I thought for a while about why I had written that, but I could not figure out why I wrote that error. I do not know if I had been influenced by someone else, or if I had read or interpreted something incorrectly; I have no idea.

I'm sorry if anyone was confused, or if I gave anyone the wrong idea in what I had previously written. I spent a few days re-writing the entire teaching to correct and polish it.

However, the error has been fixed, and the teaching should now be correct. The man I was rebuking on this point was still incorrect, and I go on to explain his misuse of the phrase "the last days," explaining his error on the context.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: (CORRECTION) Revivalism & Joel 2
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 08:45:07 AM »
I was taught this same error when I was in the leavened church buildings (Calvary Chapel), which may be why I didn't have a problem when you did the same thing.

Romans 3:4 KJV  ... yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
Re: (CORRECTION) Revivalism & Joel 2
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
Most teachers I have heard usually twist any verse with "in the last days" as talking about the end of the world. Genesis 49:1 was where I found out that "in the last days" can mean days in the future. Conveniently the new age bible translations say something like days to come instead of in the last days in this verse, so many don't see that example except if one is reading the KJB.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.