Author Topic: Kevin, Can You Help Solve This Mystery?  (Read 1931 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Kevin, Can You Help Solve This Mystery?
« on: February 18, 2021, 07:59:06 PM »
Some people around the U.S. are reporting strange snow that can burn:
bitchute.com/video/8vingAfqAxGX/

I just wonder if this is some sort of normal phenomena that is scientifically valid, or if they're on to something here. Please let me know your thoughts. We tested ours, and it melts like normal.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:02:21 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: Kevin, Can You Help Solve This Mystery?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 08:47:28 PM »
I have serious doubts about what they are saying.  The comments section with other's opinions are very much the same as I would make. 

If the snow is cold enough it might not drip because it is freezing as fast as it is being heated. 

The blackening could be from unburned combustion products condensing on the surface. 

The smell might be also from unburned combustion products.

All one would have to do is put some of the snow in an environment with moderate heating such as in a warm oven and see what remains when all of the water has evaporated.  I'm guessing there would be nothing left.

re: The MSM is saying it is not melting but turning to a gas...really?

The MSM would say anything that suited them.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 10:35:48 PM »
That would actually be water vapor.
Water goes from a solid to a gas very easily.
It happened on my car today.
There was much less ice on my outside mirrors after driving for 30 minutes, and it certainly wasn't warm enough for it to melt.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:40:47 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 10:51:03 PM »
That would actually be water vapor.
Water goes from a solid to a gas very easily.

Just for interest and in no way having any kind of dig at Kenneth

Solid > Liquid > Gas is easy

Solid > Gas    is quite difficult as it must be in a pressure of 133 x 10-3 mbar or less to go from a solid to a gas without passing through a liquid phase.  I'm the technician for the freeze dryer machine at work here and that machine does my head in when it has about 1/100th of a pin hole of a leak that stops it pulling down the required vacuum to be down in the freeze dry range    .....  and I'm the one who has to figure out where the problem is and put it right. 

At least I get to make my own freeze dry food when I want it.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 10:57:45 PM »
Solid > Gas    is quite difficult as it must be in a pressure of 133 x 10-3 mbar or less to go from a solid to a gas without passing through a liquid phase. 
To be honest, I don't know anything about all that. I just know that when I was in the Navy after cleaning a large deep freezer there was a thin layer of ice covering the floor and I thought it would be there forever because that freezer was so cold. To my surprise a couple of days later it was all gone there was no chance that I ever turned to liquid before evaporating.
Also, if you fill an ice cube tray and leave it in the freezer for a couple of months you'll notice that your ice cubes are shriveling away. Obviously never turning to liquid.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 11:19:33 PM »
To be honest, I don't know anything about all that. I just know that when I was in the Navy after cleaning a large deep freezer there was a thin layer of ice covering the floor and I thought it would be there forever because that freezer was so cold. To my surprise a couple of days later it was all gone there was no chance that I ever turned to liquid before evaporating.
Also, if you fill an ice cube tray and leave it in the freezer for a couple of months you'll notice that your ice cubes are shriveling away. Obviously never turning to liquid.

Yes, the whole thing about average particle energy of water molecules leaving a surface, just like a bag of peas in the freezer dries out over time just like the ice cubes.  Unfortunately on the micro nature of things in a phase diagram they pass through a micro liquid phase.  When drying down frozen milk to milk powder or sections of bone for bone graft research etc on the research side of things, if the freeze dryer fails at any time to be in the freeze dry range they can tell when they look at the particle structure under the electron microscope and then they have to start all over again.  I would happily never see that machine again for as long as I live   .....   or any other freeze dryer.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 11:57:43 PM »
Yeah, it sounded ridiculous, but I wanted to run it by you first.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Dave1611

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 10:44:40 AM »
I saw those too..... with all of the other things going on I just file it in the Hmmmm? folder for now.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 04:43:13 PM »
Just to reiterate on this one.  I don't at all believe the video was honest and true. 

My comments on the situation only would have been a description of the physical phenomena that would have been taking place if the video was real, but I totally doubt that it was.