Author Topic: NYT article advocates for people to stop using critical thinking!  (Read 1428 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
I just found this article and it basically says it is better to believe them over anything else. Here is the article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.html

Here some quotes from the article:
Stop overthinking what you see online.
Critical thinking, as we’re taught to do it, isn’t helping in the fight against misinformation.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: NYT article advocates for people to stop using critical thinking!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 02:39:02 AM »
Wow, what a load of hogwash! Like I'm really going to trust Google to tell me whether a source is reliable or not when they're one of the biggest proponents of misinformation there is!

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Re: NYT article advocates for people to stop using critical thinking!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 04:41:55 AM »
Wow, what a load of hogwash! Like I'm really going to trust Google to tell me whether a source is reliable or not when they're one of the biggest proponents of misinformation there is!

LOL  That was a good posting Caleb.  An extra point added to your edification score for posting that. And I like Jeanne's comment. Not just Google either, but all of those out there in medialand and universities who ignore what is real in favour of following the narrative.  They will vanish back under their rock when things start happening rather than publishing a retraction.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)