Author Topic: Weather Related  (Read 1023 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Weather Related
« on: February 28, 2021, 01:56:03 PM »
After hearing Chris talk about the weather nonsense in the media over the last so long, I just had to post this

There are 5 million people in New Zealand.  Often at the beginning of either the summer or the winter there would often be a weather forecaster make claims that we are going to have a hot dry or wet cold summer or cold or dry winter etc.  What ever they would predict, it would usually do the exact opposite.  The weather can not be predicted.  The guy on TV that was a meteorologist that would do the predicting was called Jim Salinger.

Back in 2014 I was in Christchurch from Dunedin where I live because it was when my now deceased mother turned 80.  We were walking through a large shopping area that included a restaurant as I was was taking my mother out to lunch.  It was a hot sunny day

Me:  Wow, what a fantastic day.

Mother: Yes, they predicted that it was going to be hot and settled around this time.

Me: Mum, that Salinger guy wouldn't have a clue in the world, you can't predict the weather like that.

We take about one step further forward and there is a lady about my mother's age right in front of us.

Mother: Oh, hello Betty (or whatever her name was).

Other Lady: Oh, hello Jean.

Mother: {points to me} This is my son Kevin, he's up from Dunedin and we're just going for lunch.  Kevin, this is Mrs Salinger.

{Gulp}  I had absolutley no idea that my mother even knew Mrs Salinger.

Mrs Salinger: Oh, you've probably heard of my son Jim Salinger, he's on TV for the weather.

Me: Umm, yeah, I have heard of him.

Wow, I'm surprised she didn't actually hear me commenting that he wouldn't have a clue in the world.  LOL.  There's 5 million people in New Zealand.  What's the chances that the mother of the person you're just talking about is right in front of you and they are friends with your mother.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)