Author Topic: Self Defence Training  (Read 1320 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Self Defence Training
« on: March 19, 2021, 09:49:25 PM »
Last night during the church discussion we briefly talked about carrying firearms and self defense.

I believe providing for your family and loving your neighbor includes being prepared to defend life and property.

I owned a firearm for a couple of years before I started carrying it because I knew that I didn't have the training nor the education I felt I needed to carry safely and effectively. I assume others don't carry for the same reason.
However, when I started to do a little research on the pistol I had at the time I started educating myself and achieved a level of understanding and proficiency that allowed me to carry with confidence.

One of the first channels I found was "Active Self Protection".
He does a breakdown of self defense encounters from video surveillance footage.
Here are the lessons from yesterday:
https://youtu.be/D0NmCzKtexk

I have found several channels that helped me a lot.
Here is a playlist of some videos I found helpful from some of the channels I follow:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLULVzVcTleUVni1A0TmLQc9yLgANacheP
I expect that at a minimum some will find these quite interesting.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
Re: Self Defence Training
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 09:54:00 AM »
Active Self Protection is one I have watched before and also recommend. He does a good job at analyzing videos and often points out the good things and the mistakes that gun carriers do when defending themselves so that others know what to do or not to do. The video I was talking about Thursday night was actually one of his. I had just forgotten the name of it.

This is the video that I think shows why it's good that more people should carry. If everyone carried, it would put a stop to a lot of crime and physical altercations.

https://youtu.be/al_OrWywKqo

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: Self Defence Training
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 11:45:45 AM »
The video I was talking about Thursday night was actually one of his. I had just forgotten the name of it.
I was pretty sure that was the case.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.