Author Topic: Chocolate Rabbit Solutions  (Read 1613 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Chocolate Rabbit Solutions
« on: April 04, 2021, 03:34:23 PM »
Thankfully most of us understand and sanctify ourselves from pagan holidays. In fact, if my job didn't cause me to interact with the public where people will often wish me, "Happy Pagan Celebration!" (or whatever  ::) ) I may not even realize what particular abomination the world was reveling in at the moment.
Nonetheless, it can happen that some form of pagan stupid nonsense can infiltrate our lives. The question then becomes what to do about it.
Specifically today you may be faced with the conundrum of what to do with cheap "chocolate flavored" images of the Oryctolagus cuniculus, ie, bunny rabbit.
Here are a couple of suggestions:

https://youtu.be/PMnEztjPS3U

Disclaimer: I am NOT endorsing these suggestions. NOR am I saying that they are even good ideas. I only submit them for your consideration.
 ;D
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
Re: Chocolate Rabbit Solutions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 04:50:41 PM »
I work at a Hershey Chocolate plant where we make pretty much every pagan animal or symbol represented in the holidays. (Eggs, bunnies, pumpkins, etc.) Its really irritating to have to be right in middle of where theyre made and operate the machines that make them. Thankfully everybody else is tired of seeing them as much as I am and I dont usually get told "happy whatever holiday." I do have to explain why I dont celebrate them alot though which is good.
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 06:45:20 PM »
I only ever refer to this time of year as the "Fertility Festival" and even offer to show people where it mentions Easter in the Bible and the context of it.  They never want to know. 

I was talking further about this yesterday to one of the lifeguards at the pool who is a non-practicing Roman Catholic because he asked me if I was going to be having Easter eggs and marshmallow bunnies.  He knows full well my stance on such things because I have spoken to him so many times about Roman Catholicism.  Ironically he is the lifeguard who is most trying to encourage me to apply to be a lifeguard at the pool.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 08:58:09 PM »
I only ever refer to this time of year as the "Fertility Festival" and even offer to show people where it mentions Easter in the Bible and the context of it. 
I need to remember that.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.