Author Topic: Seeking help  (Read 1093 times)

iraventi

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Classified(sorry)
  • Belief: Christian
Seeking help
« on: April 22, 2022, 04:35:57 PM »
Hello.
Apologies in advance: I am poor at communication.

I found you during my studies on the Godhead and your talks of repentance interest me.

I am seeking help to improve my faith and to ensure I am born again.
I accepted Christ as my savior as a child. I was baptized. I cant remember my exact age when. Apologies.
I confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. He is the Son of God. He died on the cross and rose again to pay for our sins.

I have done regrettable things that I know disgust the Lord. And I struggle with invasive thoughts that make me worry I have not been properly born again.

Now apologies for this, but to be safe I must:
Before I tell you anything more
Confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Seeking help
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 05:50:42 PM »
Well, you're already breaking forum rules and the registration agreement you signed. You MUST provide a first name and location if you want to have discussions here. We talk with people, not pixels. If you truly wanted help, you wouldn't hide those things from us. If you choose not to provide those simple details, then you will be lying against the registration agreement you signed, and your account will be deleted. I already know you're from Tennessee, so the least you can do is just say so, and give us a first name. We're not asking your family history and bank account records... we just want a name, like you would do with anyone you met on the street. If you want to play a cloak and dagger game, then I don't think you will find anyone like-minded here to have a conversation with.

(i.e. You all will notice he was attempting to address ME personally instead of everyone on the forum. It's likely because he thought coming here was going to allow him to bypass giving a first name and location, which I require on my contact page if someone is going to email me.)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 10:29:04 PM »
A person with this same "name" was asking the same type of question a couple of days ago on my YT channel.
Then demanded I make a certain profession of faith while still claiming they just wanted to ask questions.

I'll attach a screenshot.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 10:33:26 PM »
Here's a bit more.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

iraventi

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 11:17:09 PM »
Such things make me uncomfortable. I am desperate for help.

iraventi

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 11:18:56 PM »
Yes. Same person.
 Found you while looking through this forum, and agree with most of what you say.

I demand a profession of faith because 1 John 4 says so. Its a precaution.

Thought I'd try to seek help here since the articles I read seem to check out Bibically.

If you do not wish to help, I will move on.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 11:47:53 PM by iraventi »

iraventi

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 11:23:28 PM »
You can call me Ira if you want.
Giving out my name makes me feel unsafe

And please don't announce my state to the entire forum. I don't want someone stumbling across this and hunting me down. Its a scary thought.

Sorry if I wasted your time.
Tell me to move on and I will. I'll stop bothering you all.

You can delete my posts too.
I'll hunt down someone else to talk to.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 11:50:33 PM by iraventi »

iraventi

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 12:00:30 AM »

(i.e. You all will notice he was attempting to address ME personally instead of everyone on the forum. It's likely because he thought coming here was going to allow him to bypass giving a first name and location, which I require on my contact page if someone is going to email me.)

Honestly, email didn't even pop up in my head

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2022, 12:08:51 AM »
Email didn't pop up in your head, when I have a link button the site that says "CONTACT" -- even though you wanted to talk to me specifically. Hmm. So for you, it was easier to register an account on this forum, agree to provide the information required of you, and then lie against the agreement and refuse to do it? Uhh... alright.

Look, if you don't want to follow the forum rules like everyone else, then you cannot have an account here. It's that simple. Jesus didn't have a problem telling anyone His first name. Neither did any of the apostles, and this is the first time I have ever met someone who claims to be of Christ who is too afraid to offer their first name. That's just a fearfulness (i.e. lack of faith in God) that I can't understand, and I don't think anyone here can help you with that.

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
-Heb 13:6

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
-Pro 29:25

Have a great day. :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:11:34 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2022, 12:18:43 AM »
There's something puzzling me a little here, Ira.

You demand a profession of faith (specifically, confession that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh). You make this profession yourself, yet you doubt whether you are born again.

If you're not sure that you're born again after making that profession, how can you know whether anyone else is if they say it?  ???

Also, why would anyone want to hunt you down? You live in a pretty big state, and there must be other people who share your name. Anyway, I think 1 John 4 also has something to say about fear. Specifically: There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18) If you are of Christ, and as long as the Lord has use for you, He will protect you from danger, so put some faith and trust in Him about that.

EDIT: I didn't realise Ira had already been banned when I posted this. But I think I will keep this post up anyway as it might yet be helpful to others.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 12:57:37 AM »
It doesn't mean she cannot see the post. I didn't IP ban her.