Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 640 times)

rdt4

Introduction
« on: September 30, 2022, 06:01:58 AM »
I am not sure what counts as the exact moment or even of 'being saved', but I was baptized at St. Genevieve's in Lafayette, Louisiana in 2009 I think.  It was a beautiful ceremony and the church was full.  There were two others also being baptized.  In my life I've experienced miracles before and since baptism, but it was important for me to be officially baptized.  I am here to see what other have to say and I must admit I cannot buy the diatribe against Catholicism suggesting I can't get to Heaven or live Jesus as a Catholic.  Anyway.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 07:15:24 AM »
Good morning Robert,

I am not sure what counts as the exact moment or even of 'being saved'

The moment of "being saved" is the moment someone is born again. Someone cannot be saved without having been born again by the Holy Spirit. See these verses:

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
- John 3:3-6

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the doctrine of being born again?

I am here to see what other have to say and I must admit I cannot buy the diatribe against Catholicism suggesting I can't get to Heaven or live Jesus as a Catholic.  Anyway.

So, is there any part of you that actually wants to discuss and reason out the scriptures about doctrinal matters and any disagreements we may have, or are you just here to conduct a "science experiment" about what Christians are going to say to you about your brief statement here? I could go into more detail even about what I already said above and say/ask more about other things, but if you aren't here to actually reason anything out and discuss things, then there's really no point for me to go into more detail. We aren't here just so that people can come and "see what happens" when they come on and knowingly (in their hearts) say something that is in disagreement to Christ's doctrines. We are here to preach the gospel and discuss doctrine with those who are willing to hear. If you've closed your ears and shut your eyes just because you know we don't believe in the false doctrines of Catholicism, then I'm sure you won't be willing to actually hear what else we might have to say, so that would be good for us to know beforehand.

Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
- Colossians 4:5

And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
- Matthew 13:14-15
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 08:55:17 AM »
I think Ellie summed it up pretty well. If you're here to have a discussion about the doctrines of Jesus Christ, you should let us know that's why you're here so we can have that conversation. Your first post did not make it clear to me how you found this site and why you joined.

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
-2Ti 4:2

The Biblical Understanding of Baptism
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 05:19:03 PM »
He never came back, so I deleted his account. I have no idea why they come here. Is it to try to get someone to verify them in their works-based circular reasoning?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 04:32:30 PM »
His Roman Catholic comments certainly gave the impression that he hadn't followed up on the teachings clearly and Biblically exposing Roman Catholicism which should have been of a major interest to him. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)