Author Topic: Alien Agenda  (Read 7998 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Alien Agenda
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 08:20:56 AM »
Acts 12:7 KJV And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.

It's difficult to say whether or not Peter actually laid eyes on this angel. One could certainly make an argument that he might have since the angel speaks to him and actually touches him, however the text doesn't say that he looked upon the angel.  In the Old Testament when people saw an angel they often times had a very particular reaction. They sometimes fell on their face the ground and were terrified.

The book of Revelation aside, I don't remember people looking upon an angel in the New Testament.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 02:00:55 PM »
The angels at the empty tomb are another instance of the appearance of angels after Christ's birth.

Matthew 28 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. 2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. 3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: 4 and for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. 5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 05:37:46 PM »
What we don't know is what an angle all can do. But if they can make a donkey talk to a man I would not put it past them to be able to mate with woman.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 08:06:37 PM »
The angels at the empty tomb are another instance of the appearance of angels after Christ's birth.

[b

Thank you.
I hadn't thought of that scene.
Sure enough angels were seen in the NT after the resurrection.

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 08:53:43 PM »
Okay, I was wrong about that bit about angels not appearing after Christ's birth/resurrection. However, the Bible specifically says that angels don't marry and since sex outside marriage is fornication, they wouldn't do it. And if we're talking about fallen angels, they wouldn't care about what's right or wrong, so they wouldn't bother with marriage. Again, Genesis specifically says that the sons of God took WIVES from the daughters of men.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 11:35:12 PM »
Yes.  In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't matter at all as it doesn't make any difference to the gospel message.

No problem being wrong about the angels.  I quite liked it as an exercise.  Without doing a word search, how many incidences can you think of where angels have interacted with people after Christ was born? 

I finally just did a word search.

I missed this one.
John 5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. 3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. 4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

Actually, there's quite few more. 

That sure would have been something to see that pool and seeing what had happened to those who were getting out after being healed.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2018, 04:25:00 AM »
Sorry about my last post I did not see there was a second page on this post. So just ignore it. The pool is still there, it has been filled with dirt and now it is a orchard. I always wondered what if they dig it up and fill it up with water, would the angle come and stir up the water once more for them who were first in get healed.

It also might me when the men took wife's they did something to get there children to grow. Like how in Genesis, ooo I can't remember his name but he loved Sarah so he work for 7 years for her but got her sister as wife then had to work 7 more years. Well my point is he did something to the water with sticks to get the flock to change colors. Maybe they had a way to make them giants, or with vain devices.  This is the first of me to hear the sons of man are not angles.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 10:16:32 AM »
That was Jacob. He worked seven years for Rachel and got Leah instead. Sarah was Abraham's wife and they were Jacob's grandparents.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 05:16:20 PM »
Thank you. I was a little mixed up with the names.

Natalie

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 04:52:10 PM »
What do you guys think about the Mothman sightings? Demonic or possible pterodactyl creatures? Are alien sightings simply sightings of demons?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2018, 07:45:06 PM »
Mothman to me was just kids trying to fool the town. The ones who came to see it, story change from person to person. It is just like big foot, 300 million Americans, most with camera phone and still today not one has real solid pictures or videos. And all the hunters and not 1 shot. And for the ufos, if you look at all the film or pictures, agin all blurry or the camera man just can't seem to keep his camera still. I think the reason why ufo sightings seem to die down is do to are cameras got better, makes it hard to take pic in way to make it seem it is ufo