Author Topic: Hebrew Roots vs. Greek Roots  (Read 4328 times)

clinton_post

Hebrew Roots vs. Greek Roots
« on: November 03, 2019, 01:36:57 AM »
Hi all, I find the Hebrew Roots movement annoying.  I hate hearing people try to say Hebrew words while claiming to be Christian.  So I came up with my own movement.  The Greek Roots movement. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/929243147463111/?ref=bookmarks

It is a farce to get people to think logically.  If Christianity was passed on by faith to faith, it started with the Greek NT.  So if the NT was written in Greek and there is, from my knowledge, only one word for God: Theos.  Then why should people run around saying all these different names in Hebrew?  Jesus was not Yoshua in the Greek.  Matter of fact, that is why the 1611 Translators put a side note that states Joshua in the Book of Hebrews (written in Greek) Hebrews 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.  Jesus is what is in the Greek.  I believe modern bibles actually use Joshua there and try to say the KJV is mistranslated. LOL... 

Thoughts?

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Hebrew Roots vs. Greek Roots
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 02:03:42 AM »
Why do you feel it necessary to start any type of new 'movement'? The Bible should be enough for anyone and is fully able to stand alone for people honestly seeking truth.

You can't fight one type of false doctrine by creating some other type of false doctrine; we have the Bible in English that was translated from Hebrew and Greek so there is no need to fall back on either of these two original languages. As I mentioned to you in your introductory thread, you are putting WAY too much emphasis on the use of language when there is no need to do so.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 06:00:40 AM »
What Jeanne said. I would only add that it is a waste of effort and time to be honest. It would not accomplish anything. Making jokes to them about it will only incite them to make more false doctrine.

I was actually eager to see what your response would be to our questions in your introductory post. You seem to want to change the subject instead of answer them.

clinton_post

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 01:12:10 PM »
It is a farce to get people to think logically. 

I'm not really starting a movement.  It is more of a farce.  We don't need a movement outside of what God gave us... His Word and His Son.

:)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 09:28:36 AM »
But I agree with Tim and Jeanne.  It is not good to poke at them. And if we have The Word and Repentance, why do we need a farce?
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

rollingh10

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 05:34:15 PM »
I came across a person who said God talk to him in an audio voice , he uses the words Yahushua,  He says he Honors the Sabbath day and Gods commandments, to make this short , I told him the words that God told you is not in the King James Bible, I asked him does he keep all the commandments ? He said God has chosen me as his son. I differed with him and said all have sinned

rollingh10

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 05:53:29 PM »
To finish my last post which I accidentally posted  .
I just called this person a false prophet,  maybe I was wrong for calling him that , but for that I was called a demon and and unsaved person for sinning against him
, I believe this person is a Hebrew roots follower.
Your thoughts please.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 09:46:04 PM »
He might be having some type of spirit talking to Him, but I don't believe for a minute that it's the Holy Spirit. Jesus said He fulfilled the law and the prophets and all of the New Testament tells us that we are no longer bound by the law. I believe you were correct in your assessment of this person and that HE is the one who is unsaved and is listening to the doctrine of devils.

rollingh10

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 11:25:01 PM »
Thank you Jeanne, That is also one of my answers to him ,
that the Holy Spirit thru the word of God has shown me that his statements are wrong. This really set him off, he claims I have sinned against him and that I must repent to him,  I explained repentance and that you must pray
Through the father Jesus Christ  to God for repentance , feeling shame and sorrow of sinning against God,
not turning from sin, that also angered him, that I am an unsaved sinner the on the way to the burning lake of fire,that I am wrong to dare ask God to repent for me and that I must turn for my repentance . I asked if he sins, his answer was that I was of the devil and I'm the one who sinned against him. I said if he feels that sinned against him , then I will take it to Jesus, that angered him because
I was showing disrespect toward Christ by not calling him Yahushua . I think I was being humble and he came across as an angry prideful person. The only thing I can do is to pray that he gets on the right track . I'm not perfect and I get derailed sometimes , but I get right back on the track.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 02:09:17 PM by creationliberty »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 12:05:55 AM »
I don't know if you meant to post more or not, because there are two dots at the bottom of your post as if you wanted to start a bullet point list, but whatever that was, it got cut off.

I wouldn't worry too much about this other guy because he sounds like an unreasonable fool and you just can't talk to people like that. They won't listen because they think THEY are right and anyone who disagrees with them is of the devil. There's really nothing you can do about it except let him think what he wants and pray he finds the truth, if you care about him. What he thinks of you really doesn't matter.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 02:39:54 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much about this other guy because he sounds like an unreasonable fool and you just can't talk to people like that. They won't listen because they think THEY are right and anyone who disagrees with them is of the devil. There's really nothing you can do about it except let him think what he wants and pray he finds the truth, if you care about him. What he thinks of you really doesn't matter.

Proverbs 26:21 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire;
so is a contentious man to kindle strife.

1 Corinthians 11 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

It's good to see you back too Timothy  :)
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 08:19:37 AM »
I believe this person is a Hebrew roots follower.
It sounds like he is to me.
He follows a works-based religion and immediately starts the rail on you when you call him out for his false doctrine.

I ran into one of these guys the other day when I was out street preaching. He was agreeing with me when I was preaching about how the world doesn't know what true blessing is. But then he started shouting, "I am a Hebrew, I am a Hebrew!". Then it all went downhill from there.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

rollingh10

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 11:27:31 AM »
Thank you Kevin , Good to see hear from you again thru your reply . I am using a smartphone now and it is a bit harder for me to type  , my finger touches the wrong letters and command icons, as a retired mechanic my hands and fingers are more adapt to using tools.
I was dealing with a venomous snake with caution and just walked away from this guy but some could be bitten and poisoned with the venom this guy is spewing out .
Knowing the word of God will prevent a person to know what they are is dealing with , l ended my conversation with this guy standing on the word of God . I identified what this guy was as I would a venomous serpent .
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 02:09:25 PM by creationliberty »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 02:09:52 PM »
Please try to avoid the long spaces after your posts. I have edited them out so it does not take up so much space on the page.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18