Author Topic: Re:Analysis of Brian Moonan's Repentance Teaching  (Read 1489 times)

project312

Re:Analysis of Brian Moonan's Repentance Teaching
« on: June 07, 2020, 02:21:14 PM »
I'm posting this a new topic since there was a little note that said the original thread was a bit old so I am taking its advice. Anyway here's my reply:

I have seen people mean different things when they say that to repent means to "turn from sin." Similar to how Brian had a different, yet unbiblical definition of "sanctification" (and again like you said I'm not saying God doesn't mold and shape us to His will). Moonan could mean that repentance is a sincere forsaking of sin that is preceded by godly sorrow, but if his definition of "turning from sin" is to stop sinning and/or clean up one's life, that would definitely be a form of works salvation. I think I might email him for clarification.

I do remember on his website (https://www.turnfromyouridols.com/SALVATION.html) he gave this definition of repentance, although I don't know if he still sticks to that definition now since that website doesn't seem to be used much anymore:

""Biblical repentance as preached by John the Baptist, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the apostles, is A CHANGE OF MIND TOWARD GOD AND SIN THAT RESULTS IN A CHANGE OF LIFE. IT IS A SPIRIT-WROUGHT CHANGE OF MIND THAT LEADS TO A CHANGE OF LIFE. It is not a change of life. That would be a works salvation. It is a radical, Spirit-wrought change of mind toward sin and  God, such a dramatic change of mind that it changes one's actions." (David Cloud)"

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re:Analysis of Brian Moonan's Repentance Teaching
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 05:05:17 PM »
You can post on the original if it's old, it's just that everyone will have to go back and get the context of what was said. The problem is that, if you are posting a response to an old thread separate from the old thread, no one has any links or references to go read the original thread to know what you're talking about.

We can wait for your reply from Brian, but others on our forum have contacted him before, but he will not hear. If you want to give it a try, go for it; you never know. I'll be interested to read about your conversation.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18