Author Topic: I appreciate truth!  (Read 1240 times)

trox04

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -6
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Barry
  • Belief: Other
I appreciate truth!
« on: August 11, 2020, 12:09:21 PM »
My name is Barry. I am 34 years old. I was baptized in 2017. A couple of years ago, I was referred to the YouTube channel by a fellow Christian. Many truths were being spoken by Chris so I subscribed and listened to his videos occasionally.
I grew up attending a Methodist congregation at the will of my parents. I did not know much about the bible during my childhood, just that I needed to be a good person. My parents had me baptized there when I was an infant. I stopped attending when I moved away for college during which I led a sinful life. One day I had a very spiritual experience that chilled me to the bone. After that I knew that I was in possession of something called a soul. Over many years, my spirituality increased little by little. I started researching the truth about many things of the world and came to the conclusion that the Bible was a true historical document. Circa 2015 was when I started reading the New Testament and attending worship at the closest congregation to my home at the time. I moved away within a year for a job opportunity and was invited to worship with a close friend in spring 2016. Then I read the book of Acts and that is when everything started to make sense to me. I obeyed the gospel and my new life started!
I am an active member in my church (non-denominational). The Lord provided a wife for me last year, who also is a member of the church. We love the Lord and are blessed to serve Him.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: I appreciate truth!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 12:59:35 PM »
Okay, that helps me understand. You were never brought to repentance and converted to the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing in your testimony is how the Bible says men are converted. You were converted to being a churchgoer. That helps me understand where you are coming from when I analyze your other post and respond to it. Thank you for following the forum rules.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18