Author Topic: (VIDEO) The Corruption of Michael W. Smith's Rocketown  (Read 2175 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(VIDEO) The Corruption of Michael W. Smith's Rocketown
« on: October 08, 2020, 04:27:35 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: (VIDEO) The Corruption of Michael W. Smith's Rocketown
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 06:27:25 PM »
Here is a video that contains my friends Tim, Jeremy and his wife preaching at Rocket own a few years ago.
The street preaching portion starts at 19:53
https://youtu.be/bsVmLNZfiTg
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:29:41 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 07:15:35 PM »
Wow. I can clearly see I have a lot of work to do, because I would have been VERY hard-pressed to not just smack her. How these people can even THINK they're Christians is beyond me...

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 09:20:06 PM »
Wow. I can clearly see I have a lot of work to do, because I would have been VERY hard-pressed to not just smack her. How these people can even THINK they're Christians is beyond me...

Galatians 5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

The proof of the Spirit being in those who claimed to be Christians sure was lacking, especially the bits I made bold and underlined.  Back more than twenty years ago when I was in the Baptist church there was a guy there who was right in to some pop group called Metallica and of course he was never challenged by the "pastors" or the elders.  When I talked with him I referred to them as Satanica and I told him that that was what they might as well have changed their name to    .....  and he went right off at me  :D  I think I must have hit a nerve.  He's probably still right in to it and thinking he's a Christian. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 04:39:12 PM »
I had never heard of Rocketown until today. The most messed up philosophy is just what they have. "All are welcome, and we use anything to reach different types of people." That is the problem, people are creating all these roads to heaven and forgetting there is only one way and that is through Jesus Christ. I used to think the same way as the women in the video, sadly. I used to think that we can use whatever we need to, to reach the Lost, but ever since God opened my eyes and ears to His Truth, I now know that this type of philosophy is straight from Satan and it is what keeps people in the mind set that they are saved when really, they are headed to hell. These are the ones that are hard to tell the truth to because they already think they are christians. Thank you for sharing
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 06:39:44 PM »
Kenneth,
         I watched the youtube link you posted and I think it is sad that a place where young minds go to supposedly learn about Jesus is in support of lyrics like those. I had no idea that Michael w Smith was a supporter of all these things. I have a lot to learn.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.