Author Topic: Prayers for Petition to FCC  (Read 1797 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Prayers for Petition to FCC
« on: October 21, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »
I normally would not post something like this, but this petition that was recently filed by Trump's administration to the Federal Communications Commission may have an effect on protecting our freedom of speech as preachers of Christ's Gospel in America. I will leave a link to the answer the President's press secretary gave on this matter (link will take you to the time stamp), and that they are pressuring the FCC to create new policies that will make internet censorship from all social media platforms accountable for removing or censoring any issues on politics or religion, guaranteeing that, not only would such censorship be a federal offense, but would also guarantee that citizens who have had their posts and content removed unlawfully would be eligible to file civil lawsuits against the company responsible.

https://youtu.be/VyTojnTDBP0?t=717
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 08:28:20 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: Prayers for Petition to FCC
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 10:18:17 AM »
Wow! THAT would be good legislation.  :)
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Prayers for Petition to FCC
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 12:36:36 PM »
Like I said, I don't want our forum to become a political thing, but this paragraph in particular, which is called 230(c)(2), states that videos can be removed for criminal and sinful content "IN GOOD FAITH," but the problem is that "good faith" is being violated by big tech companies by their use of digital antitrust, which I'll leave a video that explains more if you want. The Asian man in the video is a lawyer, and he explains it very well:

Right now, we are waiting for someone to bring their lawsuit to appeal it in the Supreme Court, so the SC can rule on the definition of "good faith" and properly interpret 230c2. Once that happens, Congress can then make proper amendments, and destroy the illusion of absolute immunity to companies that claim to have a neutral platform, which would thereby protect our right to free speech on social media, and we will not get videos taken down for preaching against sodomy/homosexuality (just to give one example), otherwise, we can file civil suits against big tech which have previously been receiving tax benefits and federal protection.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18