Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Corruptions of Christianity: Catholicism p10  (Read 2078 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(WEEKLY TEACHING) Corruptions of Christianity: Catholicism p10
« on: October 26, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Cottage Camper

Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Corruptions of Christianity: Catholicism p10
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 11:35:00 PM »
Hi Chris,
In this week's video you talk about the method of praying the rosary and that it made no sense to you that there were 4 mysteries listed but 5 decades of beads. Yes, there are 4 sets of mysteries that are to be meditated upon while counting beads. For years, there were only 3 sets of mysteries: Joyful, Sorrowful & Glorious. John Paul II added the Luminous more recently. The mysteries are grouped in sets of 5. So there are 5 Joyful, 5 Sorrowful, 5 Glorious & 5 Luminous. One mystery in the selected set is to be meditated upon during one decade of beads. At the end of each decade you start meditating on the next mystery in that set. The number of sets of mysteries is not intended to correlate to the number of decades. When I learned it and prayed it before I got saved there were only the 3 sets. Our family never agreed with adding a fourth set. It was just one of the number of things that started to stack up in the case against Catholicism for me.

Just for reference to my own testimony, some of the other things that God's word pointed out to me pertained to:
Vain repetition, bishops being the husband of one wife, not calling Christ down from heaven, one mediator between God and man, call no man father, confess your faults one to another, God not sharing his glory with another, they are no gods, graven images having hands/feet/ears/mouths that don't work, etc.

Cottage Camper

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 11:59:41 PM »
Hi again, Chris,
I don't know if this is the place to put this (please bear with me, I"m new here) but in the YouTube video you posted today, the title shows last week's title (part 9) and date of 10-18-20. Please edit the title.
Thanks.
Barb

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 12:05:16 AM »
Hi again, Chris,
I don't know if this is the place to put this (please bear with me, I"m new here) but in the YouTube video you posted today, the title shows last week's title (part 9) and date of 10-18-20. Please edit the title.
Thanks.
Barb
Fixed, thank you.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 11:23:26 PM »
Hi Chris, I just went to download this teaching from the audio site, and noticed you had the date wrong. You put October 24 instead of 25.