Author Topic: (ARTICLE) My Notes on the Book of 2nd Corinthians: Chapters 1-5  (Read 2542 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: (ARTICLE) My Notes on the Book of 2nd Corinthians: Chapters 1-5
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 12:44:03 AM »
My Notes on the Book of 2nd Corinthians: Chapters 1-5

A minor problem but the Introduction lists it as your personal studies in the Book of First Corinthians. 

I hope all goes well with the computer repairs too.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 04:54:30 PM »
I did not notice your post until now. I just fixed that.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
Minor Problem In Audio Listing
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 06:05:19 PM »
Hi Chris

While doing the computers for the at risk youths I also picked up a minor error in the Audio listings

Study #0044 [June 29, 2014]
1st Half--Scripture reading from Rebuking a New-Age Ministry
2nd Half--Rebuking a New-Age Ministry
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 01:00:10 AM »
That's not an error, Kevin. The whole 2 hours was devoted to that conversation, so there was no first half Bible reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 02:49:32 AM »
That's not an error, Kevin. The whole 2 hours was devoted to that conversation, so there was no first half Bible reading.

:)  Hi Jeanne
It was a minor error and Chris altered it.  For the first half it had it listed as "Scripture reading from Rebuking a New-Age Ministry" but both halves are just "Rebuking a New-Age Ministry".  I haven't listened to that one again recently but there might not even be a break part way through so the whole teaching could quite easily have been listed as "Rebuking a New-Age Ministry". 

It was at Chris' discretion if he wanted to change it or not but because the computers are for youths and I also give out "business cards" I would be a bit gutted if someone was put off by an error like that.  I might feel that way more than others though because I often have to read documentation for my job and when I pick up errors I lose a lot of confidence in what I'm reading.  And sometimes documentation is so totally wrong I know that who wrote it didn't even proof read it and I waste a great deal of time until I realise the documentation is incorrect and I have to figure out what is correct   ......   without introducing new errors or causing thousands of dollars of damage to equipment.  The "Rebuking a New-Age Ministry" was nowhere near as bad as that but if something is easy to change it can make it more pleasing for the reader  :)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 05:00:15 AM »
I totally agree with you, Kevin. That's why I proofread all of Chris' articles and send him corrections. Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors drive me nuts and, at least as far as I'm concerned, when I see them on websites and/or news articles, the whole thing loses credibility. It blows my mind how Chris can write everything in HTML, as he's doing the articles, though!