Author Topic: I May Be Switching Some Social Media Outlets in the Future  (Read 1713 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
I May Be Switching Some Social Media Outlets in the Future
« on: November 18, 2020, 09:37:13 AM »
I am not sure what I am going to do yet because I need to discover the full functionality of these new sites, but there are some social media platforms that have started to gain a lot of traction recently, and they are replacing YouTube and Twitter.

PARLER - parler.com (replacing Twitter)
RUMBLE - rumble.com (replacing YouTube)

These are social media platforms that advertise free speech for all, without censorship. So long as you do not post anything illegal or sexually explicit, they allow it on their platform. I need to do some work with them to see if they have the functionality I need for what I do on my website, but if Rumble can do some of the things YouTube can do, like embedded playlists for example, I might be leaving YouTube for good because, as it stands, YouTube is starting to become too dangerous, and I could lose my YouTube account at anytime on their biased, communist-style platform of censorship.

Some people might be afraid to do this because they lose all their "subscribers," but I was never in this to win a popularity contest, so I could care less how many subscribers I have.

If I decide to do any switching, I'll still leave up the old accounts so people can still watch videos, and I'll make announcements in multiple ways so everyone knows. Just stay tuned because I'll need some weeks or months to try them out side-by-side before I make any decisions.

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
Re: I May Be Switching Some Social Media Outlets in the Future
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 09:50:54 AM »
Have you heard of gab.com? This is one that I've been looking at and have heard better reviews than parler. I'm able to see much of the site without an account.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 11:42:35 AM »
If you all want to make suggestions among yourselves, that's great. I do not care to go through tons of different options because I am not that interested. I do social media stuff only because a lot of people online do. If I could just use a video service and that's it, that's all I would do. Switching itself is a large step, and I do not want to personally get muddle with lots of suggestions. I know there has only been one so far on this thread, but I knew this was coming before I wrote this post. Again, if you all want to suggest things between one another, that's great, go for it.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 11:40:05 PM »
I hope you will be able to keep your YouTube account because if that goes away, all of the videos you already have embedded in your various teachings will also disappear, and it would be a major mission to try to get those back. I hope you have backups of all of them, but still...