Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Corruptions of Christianity: Catholicism p11  (Read 2270 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(WEEKLY TEACHING) Corruptions of Christianity: Catholicism p11
« on: November 30, 2020, 03:56:10 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Corruptions of Christianity: Catholicism p11
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 09:21:43 AM »
While listening to Christopher talk about the Pope's hat in this teaching, it reminded me of an image I saw while researching Catholicism and other "denominations" several years ago. The image was a comparison of the Pope's hat to one that a pagan fish god wore. I Google searched "pope mitre" and the second search suggestion that popped up was "pope mitre dagon". I could not remember what "dagon" was, but it sounded familiar so I clicked on that one. The attached image was one that came up and I showed it to my husband. As I read the description I realized that Dagon is actually the name of the pagan fish god and a lightbulb went off in my head - I had just finished reading 1 Samuel and remembered it mentioning Dagon. I couldn't remember which chapter it was in, so I did a search and found that not only was he mentioned in 1 Samuel but Judges as well.

Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand.
-Judges 16:23

And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod. When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon. And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again. And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him. Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day.
-1 Samuel 5:1-5

I do not expect this to post generate much discussion, but thought I would share as I found it interesting that the very same pagan influence of the Catholic Church is mentioned right in the Bible! They no longer call him Dagon, but they certainly continue to worship a god who looks strikingly similar, only he is not made of wood, gold, or stone and goes by a new name - the Pope. This is one of many examples of the wonderful instruction God has provided for us to identify and mark those who oppose the Lord and walk as wolves in sheep's clothing, but the funny thing is, this is not hidden, as Christopher said, the Pope's title, Vicar of Christ (antichrist), "is so overt it's covert!"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:39:09 AM by Laura »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 11:10:34 AM »
There are different hats, but that one is similar. Hmm. I can't comment on where that came from because it would take a lot more research.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »
I should have made it clear in my post that I did not do research on the Pope and bishop hats specifically; I only saw images such as this one that made a visual comparison. I should have also worded it as a question to consider instead of a statement of truth. It just seemed to fall in line with the pagan influence of the Catholic Church, but I may have made a foolish presumption, drawing a connection without proper evidence. I am sorry for not considering this prior to posting. I do not feel like it is worth my time to investigate, so if anyone is aware of the history and I am wrong, please correct me.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 01:40:49 PM »
The same kind of nonsense can also be seen in the headwear worn by the "archbishops" in the various places. As we know though, they will all become amalgamated and fall under the control of the antichrist and the false prophet. 

Under the old covenant there was the mitre to be worn on the head of the priests but of course under the new covenant there is no such thing.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 04:54:23 PM »
Kevin, those are both good points. It makes my original statement without sufficient evidence even more foolish, as I had forgotten about the uniform of the priests in the OT. In the end, none of it will matter though, as you mentioned they will all fall under the control of the final antichrist; which is why I didn't think it would be worth the time to look into further.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 06:54:45 PM »
Kevin, those are both good points. It makes my original statement without sufficient evidence even more foolish, as I had forgotten about the uniform of the priests in the OT. In the end, none of it will matter though, as you mentioned they will all fall under the control of the final antichrist; which is why I didn't think it would be worth the time to look into further.

I don't think your posting was foolish at all and I appreciated the time you had spent researching the material about Dagon and I was pleased to have my memory refreshed. 

I look forward to listening to the latest teaching tonight with it being conducted with lots of you being there in Indiana together.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)