Author Topic: (ARTICLE) The Biblical Understanding of Fellowship  (Read 2520 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
Re: (ARTICLE) The Biblical Understanding of Fellowship
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 10:26:21 PM »
Just finished article. I never thought about fellowship being so closely related to friendship.
I remember when I was still lost and would hang out with "church" members around my age to go commit sins together and think I was justified just because I called myself a christian. Not one person truly cared about me and I did not care about them even though we would laugh and crack jokes and thought our good time was a good fellowship. I look back now and I see the wickedness and it breaks my heart. Now I can't even fathom hanging out with these people. I would help them if they needed it but want no fellowship at all. I do not desire it at all. But with CLE Church, I think of you guys often, and just knowing you are Believers in Jesus Christ is a comfort to me. I long to be in fellowship with you all. I have a connection with you guys that I have never had with any person ever and you are hundreds of miles away and some thousands. I used to dread going to the "church" I used to attend. It was like I had to fake wanting to be there. Thank you for this article. It is helping me to examine myself. I truly needed to read this today.

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

theAXEisLAID

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 11
    • View Profile
  • First Name: David
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 11:54:43 AM »
This article provided me with a proper rebuke. This is exactly what I have been wrestling with. I give thanks to Jesus as his patience with me is beyond my comprehension. This reply is a confession of my unwillingness to separate from one particular man. I have left the door open to a 30 year old "worldly friendship," putting it above the commandments of my Savior. I do not have the ability on my own to shield myself from this man's sin (as I do not constantly rebuke it as I should) - and in turn, his sin in one way or another rubs off on me. In the natural this man has helped me far more than most of my own family and definitely more than any church building attendee. As much as I love this man and as hard as it is for me, I must sanctify myself and separate, we are not equal. I hope and pray this man's life is someday changed and he is humbled to repentance. I hope I may someday again fellowship with him in the light but as for now it is necessary for me to leave behind the familiar darkness of this relationship.

I desire to be placed at the Lord's right so it is imperative to end my "fellowship" with those who will be placed on his left. How terrifying that day will be when the Lord shall come in his glory!

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Matthew 25:33
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Matthew 3:10 KJV

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 04:34:55 PM »
This article provided me with a proper rebuke. This is exactly what I have been wrestling with. I give thanks to Jesus as his patience with me is beyond my comprehension. This reply is a confession of my unwillingness to separate from one particular man. I have left the door open to a 30 year old "worldly friendship," putting it above the commandments of my Savior. I do not have the ability on my own to shield myself from this man's sin (as I do not constantly rebuke it as I should) - and in turn, his sin in one way or another rubs off on me. In the natural this man has helped me far more than most of my own family and definitely more than any church building attendee. As much as I love this man and as hard as it is for me, I must sanctify myself and separate, we are not equal. I hope and pray this man's life is someday changed and he is humbled to repentance. I hope I may someday again fellowship with him in the light but as for now it is necessary for me to leave behind the familiar darkness of this relationship.

I desire to be placed at the Lord's right so it is imperative to end my "fellowship" with those who will be placed on his left. How terrifying that day will be when the Lord shall come in his glory!

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Matthew 25:33

You can use someone like that though to talk to regularly about the gospel message without writing them off.  When enough talk comes in about life and that only God can have made man and that all of us are guilty before God and what happens to a person when they die etc etc   .....   and in the Bible it says this   ....  and in the Bible it says that   ......  once the person knows that that's mainly what they are going to hear lots of the time, if it's too much for them they will separate themselves from you anyway.  Sometimes very angrily and abusive.

I have regular people I catch up with at the swimming pool and they have got used to the fact that if they are talking with me they are going to either have to put up with the Christian message all the time or just write me off.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Cottage Camper

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 11:22:06 PM »
Thanks for this article. I read it after I posted about separation & emotions. It did indeed edify me as I read it. I can relate to the part about the worldly people naturally separating when they get uncomfortable hearing what the bible says about certain sins.

This happens to me alot:

.....   and in the Bible it says this   ....  and in the Bible it says that   ......  once the person knows that that's mainly what they are going to hear lots of the time, if it's too much for them they will separate themselves from you anyway. 

I long for true fellowship among true christians. This part made me tear up:
Suppose you were arrested by a dictatorial government for believing and preaching the truth of Christ, and you were locked away in a prison cell without knowing how long you were going to be there, nor were you allowed any contact with anyone from the outside world. The thing you would most long for is fellowship with brethren who believe and preach the same things you do, to experience that understanding, kindness, charity, and prayer, that your burden in this life would be lifted a little.