Author Topic: (ARTICLE) Should Christians Submit to Governing Authority?  (Read 1695 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(ARTICLE) Should Christians Submit to Governing Authority?
« on: January 01, 2021, 05:43:57 PM »
Should Christians Submit to Governing Authority?

This article has been completely re-written to address concerns from both sides of the arguments. I have had some people write me trying to justify their sin by blaming police for their own crimes, and I am not going to suffer that without a hardy rebuke. Furthermore, we have seen unbelievable riots going on in this country from people trying defund our police, which is a violation of Scripture in so many ways, it is hard to know where to begin.

This teaching answers all that and more because Christians should obey the government and police in most cases, but should remember to hold obedience to the Lord God in higher regard.

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Re: (ARTICLE) Should Christians Submit to Governing Authority?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 11:24:23 PM »
While reading that LONG list of crooked government officials that got caught and convicted I was reminded of what happened in my neck of the woods and couple of years ago:
"Rutherford County sheriff pleads guilty to fraud, extortion"
https://www.dnj.com/story/news/2017/01/18/sheriff-arnold-pleads-guilty/96711572/
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.