Author Topic: Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands  (Read 1684 times)

Marthina

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands
« on: April 14, 2021, 01:19:54 PM »
Good day to All

I have not been on this forum for a while and have gone through most of the "unread posts" and have really enjoyed being on this forum again.

Can I ask for advise on a subject that is really hard for me to share....?   

After the repentance teaching and going through most of the teachings from CLE and reading my Bible, as a new born-again believer, I finally understood the false doctrine and teachings, me and my family have been under in our church for all these years.  As well as the traditions and celebrations that was "covering" all the falsehood.   

But what does a wife do, other than praying to our Lord Jesus, when her husband does not share the same discernment concerning the teachings and falsehood, or even thinking that some celebration can be good or edifying?

I am totally new in Christ and can NEVER go back to my old thinking or attitude.   
Our conversations got to a point where I decided not to talk about it for now and just pray.   I have told him that I believe all of Scripture including Ephesians.

Ephesians 5:21-23
King James Version
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

But, I am ready to give an answer for what I believe is Truth. 

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Can I do this even when my husband and I are not in agreement on all the doctrine?  Are we now: 'unequally yoked'?

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Hope to hear from you soon.

In Jesus
Marthina

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 09:15:42 AM »
Hi Marthina,

But what does a wife do, other than praying to our Lord Jesus, when her husband does not share the same discernment concerning the teachings and falsehood, or even thinking that some celebration can be good or edifying?

Well, you cannot force him to change his mind on anything so you can tell him the truth and you can tell him you won't participate because those things are wrong to do according to Christ. As a wife, you do submit to your husband's authority, but if your husband wants you to participate in something sinful, then you obey the Lord Jesus Christ. He might be angry about it, but first and foremost we must obey God rather than men.

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. - Acts 5:29

But, I am ready to give an answer for what I believe is Truth. 

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Can I do this even when my husband and I are not in agreement on all the doctrine?  Are we now: 'unequally yoked'?

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

You can give the truth to him anytime the Lord presents an opportunity to. If your husband isn't saved, then I think technically you would be unequally yoked (someone please correct me if I am wrong). But within a marriage, you are not commanded to depart from an unbelieving spouse if you are already married. God gave direction for people in these situations in His word.

But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife? - 1 Corinthians 7:12-16

These scriptures also might be helpful:

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. - 1 Peter 3:1-4
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)